ch 6 Joyful places ,

This is a place that knows no sorrow. This is a place that knows no fear. No confusion. No sadness. No pain. No torment. Here. Here in this place, there is only love. Love, and peace, and unconditional understanding. It is a place anyone would be grateful to ascend to, and would be woeful to leave. Once here, the past is all but forgotten, good and bad alike, as the sense of everlasting peace surrounds and fulfills you. Protecting and enveloping you in it's light, for all time

A blond women search the horizon of this place, looking high and low amongst the bright cheerful green landscape. Looking for her most precious charge. Looking for her precious grandson, which at the instant, was no where to be found.

"William?," she called, "Where are you sweetheart?"

"Over here granny!" he answered.

She found him playing amongst the plush grove trees, sailing his little boat besides the clean shallow brook. The breeze blew cool and comforting and whirled around William and his little boat, pushing its sails and ruffling though the boy's hair. He look happy and content, as he should be. For this was a place that knew only joy. No sorrow had ever shadowed the light of this place and none ever would. For here was the haven. Here was the reward, for those souls lucky enough to achieve everlasting bliss. Anne could only watch her grandson in this place, this time, and sigh. The sunny calm of this day, and this place doing little to uplift her spirits.

"Granny!", he cried as he noticed her. He ran to her and hugged her tight around the middle, his face beaming, his precious smile ever present on his face.

"Hey Granny!", he greeted her.

"Hello my little love. Will you come and sit with granny for a while?"

William gave her an enthusiastic nod. He ran and grabbed his little boat and sat down on his granny's lap, as she seated herself upon the soft grass beneath the trees.

They sat in quiet for a while, Anne holding her beautiful grandson in joyful appreciation of him. She smiled, but it was a sad wistful smile. After all, this would be the last time she would be able to see her grandson whole for a very long while. Their precious moments together would come to an end. It was time. He would have to leave this place. He was to be going back soon. It was as it should be. William's place was not here with her. Not at this point. He had so much to do yet. So much life to live and love to experience.

But Anne couldn't help at being a little sorry to see him go. This time together had been so wonderful. A gift she could scarcely believe. After all, it was a miracle that she even had a grandchild, after her dear William was turned. Being granted to give little William sanctuary during this time, being able to watch over him, was a gift that she would treasure for all existence. One that she thanked the power's for endlessly for it.

"William. William, sweetheart, "She began, "Granny needs to talk to you."

"Bout what." he asked and smiled at her. It was his father's smile, and the heart in her chest ached a little more.

"William. You know how much I love you, and how much I treasure being with you. But I'm afraid we have to say goodbye my little love. It's time for you to go back."

She felt his body stiffen, he turned to look at her, wide eyed and frightened as memories assaulted him. Memories that had been pushed to the back corners of his mind as the light of this place filled and healed him. Memories that rushed forth an battled him anew. Memories of dark caverns. Of hunger and fear, of pain and loneliness. "Go back." He whispered. "I...I don't want that."

"Oh sweetheart, you don't really mean that."
"I...I can't go back..back there." He said as tears sprung from his eyes.

"William. When you go back. When you wake up. You will wake quite safe. In the arms of someone who will love and protect you. Of this I promise."

"Have...Have I been bad? Is that why you don't' want me anymore?" Tears were flowing freely as he began to cry earnestly.

"Oh William. I love you sweetheart. It's isn't anything like that."

"Please please granny," He continued to sob, "I'll..I'll be good I promise. I won't be bad again. Please let me stay here. Please don't make me go back."
"William,", Anne sighed, her eyes wet with tears to match his own, "William. Oh sweetheart you didn't do anything wrong. Please look at me."

He look into her eyes, his face both hopeful and crushingly vulnerable.

"You did nothing wrong. And I would love to keep you here with me. I love you sweetheart. But Its not your time to be here. And there are so many people who love and need you back there. Think about them. Think about your mommy."

"Mommy," He whispered. "Mommy" He tried to think. He tried to remember. There was a faint memory of warmth, and happiness, and of being loved. Of being home.

But the memory was far away, first pushed away by pain and despair which was then replace by the light and love of this place. So much so that this memory swam far from the shores of his conscious thought, only accessible though a small lifeboat that still harbored the memory. The one docked in his heart.
Anne saw the conflicting emotions flicker in the boys face. She tried to ease the flow of memories along.

"That's right William. Mommy. Mommy who Loves you. Who needs you. Who is desperately waiting for you to return. You want to go back to mommy. Don't you?"

He said nothing. His face, blank.

She continued to hold him, reassuringly him with soothing words and caresses.
Finally he spoke. "Will I forget you? Forget this place?"

Anne smiled sadly. He grandson was so insightful. Too insightful for such a young age. He recognized too much about the forces of existence. Too much about their nature. It was a burden, Anne felt. One placed on the shoulders of far to many young boys and girls over the span of history. Mystics, Profits, Slayers, Joan of arch. Why do the powers chose to anoint them so young?

That, however, was not her focus, nor a topic she could either influence or control. Here, she could only help one special child. Her precious grandson. One she now needed to reassure. But she needed to hurry.

The sun was setting fast in the sky and the winds were growing increasingly harsh and colder. A sign that the scene was shifting, moving further from the light into increasing entropy. William noticed the change immediately, and started to tremble on her lap. Anne held him tighter against the wind and oncoming darkness.

"Sweetheart. When you wake will remember being loved. Being protected and cared for. But I'm afraid that's all you will remember", She was speaking louder now, trying to shout over the roaring of the winds.

"But I don't want to forget here. I don't want to forget you.", He sobbed loudly.

"Oh William. You will always feel my love for you. And the love of this place. And whenever or wherever you need to, you can call upon that love, and it will give you peace and strength and courage. When you wake, you will remember this.

Remember feeling love. Always know I love you William. It's time to wake up now.

Wake up now
Wake up now
Wake up
Wake up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A harsh bright sun blazed angrily though the blinds of a dingy motel room as the young boy struggled on the dusty mattress.

He struggled to wake, to move though the blanket of pain that enveloped him. He struggled to open his eyes, but they appeared to be glued shut. He struggled to move, but white hot aches blasted him though every muscle fiber in his body.

His mind did register some sensation though the haze of pain. Cold, thirst, hunger. But most prevalent was the hurt. The hurt to his body, the hurt to his soul. He battled it for a few moments before his mind collapsed and sucked him into an uneasy, unsettling unconsciousness.

It wasn't that Anne had deliberately deceived William. Nor was she harboring false hopes as it were. It is just that those in the light, forget the power of the dark. Forget that the light of heaven shines dim onto this land and is often difficult to see. Difficult to feel. The light is diffused through the filters of evil; the corruption, the anger and the hate that pollutes this place. The light has difficulty penetrating it's fog. Those in the light forget this.

Forget that darkness covers this land

Forget that it is hell that rules on earth