Author's Chapter Notes:
I decided to put one of my older stories in here to see if anyone would like it. Not that old anyway. I wasn't happy that Buffy never really made an appearance at the end of Angel. So, I did my own version of what I thought could happen. Things are a bit different though and I'm really not sure where in the 5th Season this would take place. I had to change a few things. It may seem confusing, but all shall be explained. I had a lot of fun with this one. The chapters are also really short. That sometimes even annoys me, so I may be putting two chapters together to make them longer. This is just the prologue though. Okay, that was long enough. I hope you guys would like it=)
Prologue

Connor walked the streets of LA by himself late at night. He thought he had everything figured out in his life, until he recently discovered that vampires and demons were real and that he was a little more than human. He had two sets of memories in his head and he wasn’t sure which life he really wanted. He loved his parents and he would never want to do anything that would hurt them, but he also enjoyed fighting evil the few chances he actually got to do that. It felt right to him, fighting the bad guys and helping people. He had all these new abilities now and he wanted to make use of them. He never told his parents the truth about him, he was afraid they wouldn’t understand. He wanted to put everything he found out about himself behind him, but he realized that he couldn’t do that. He has been spending more time with Angel lately who has been training him, so he could be a better fighter. Angel made it clear that he didn’t want that life for Connor, but he couldn’t deny him training if it was what Connor really wanted. He still had a lot to learn. He knew Angel was his real father and understood what he had to do. He was very grateful for that. Angel gave him a normal life and he knew how much it had to hurt him to do it, but he just wanted what was best for Connor. He kept walking, when he heard some fighting going on in the distance. He decided to check it out and found a vampire pinning a girl to the ground. The vampire looked like he was about to bite her. Connor walked over to them without making any noise and grabbed the vampire, throwing him away from the girl. He pulled out his stake and plunged it into the vampire’s heart. He exploded in a cloud of dust before he even knew what happened. Connor turned back to the girl still on the ground and held out his hand for her. She looked at him with a strange expression on her face and took his hand as he pulled her up. He then really looked at her and could tell that she was a little older than him. She was short and had long, auburn hair flowing in the wind. Connor couldn’t help staring at her. She was a very attractive woman. He finally found his voice after a few seconds. “Are you alright?” He asked her and she smiled at him.

“Yeah, I am now. That was a close call there. It’s a good thing you came along.” Connor smiled at her and the girl took a moment to look at her savior. He was a young man and very good looking. He seemed familiar to her, but she couldn’t place it. She didn’t want him to realize that she could have taken care of herself because he seemed so happy to save her, so she just gave him another smile. “I was wondering if you could help me out.” She said and he seemed to break out of a daydream when she spoke up again.

“Right, of course. What do you need help with?” He asked her.

“I’m looking for this place. A law firm called Wolfram and Hart. Do you know where that is?” Connor smiled at her suggestion.

“Yeah, I happen to know people there. I could show you if you like.” She nodded and wondered who he could know there.

“That would be great.” She grabbed her bag that was on the ground and they started walking. They were walking in silence for a few minutes, when she spoke up again. “What’s your name?” She asked him and he looked at her as they continued to walk.

“Oh, I’m sorry. My name’s Connor. What’s yours?” He asked her and she gave him a smile.

“I’m Buffy; it’s nice to meet you.” She told him and he wondered why that name seemed so familiar.