Chapter 9

A few days went by and Buffy and Spike were getting closer. Buffy could tell that Angel didn't like seeing them together, but he managed to accept it and not say anything about it. "We...should probably go downstairs." Buffy said finding it very hard to catch her breath. Spike was on top of her and he was kissing her neck.

"I like it here." He replied without even looking up and Buffy let out another moan.

"Spike, we can't be up here forever. We have things to do, I probably should patrol." Spike stopped then and looked at her.

"You're still patrolling even with all the other Slayers out there? You really don't know how to have a normal life, do you?" Buffy sighed and sat up.

"I'll never be normal, Spike. I have these powers now and I'm gonna make the best of them. I can't just stop slaying." Spike nodded in understanding.

"I know, I just wish you could do more." Buffy touched his cheek.

"So do I, but I'm okay and that's all that matters." She took his hand and they walked out of the room.


* * * * *


Buffy found Dawn and Connor kissing, when she got downstairs. She stood by them with her arms crossed. They noticed her and broke apart. "Hey, Buffy. How are things going?" Dawn asked and Buffy rolled her eyes.

"Good, but I wouldn't do that here. Angel may not be ready for that yet." Dawn rolled her eyes also.

"If he can handle you and Spike making out, I'm sure he can handle this." She said and Connor agreed. Buffy sighed and rolled her eyes again. She was starting to feel a headache coming on.

"Fine, knock yourselves out." She told them as she walked away and Dawn looked concerned for a second, until she shrugged and turned back to Connor. Angel was still in his office and Spike was talking to Fred. Buffy walked away from everyone and leaned her head against a wall. She needed some time to herself, when she then felt a blinding pain in her skull. "No, not now." She said to herself as she grabbed her head and waited for the pain to stop. She dropped her hands when it was over and went to go find someone. "Angel!" She yelled when she saw him come out of his office. He looked at her as she ran over to him. "There's a girl being attacked by vampires about a block from here." She told him.

"How do you know that?" He wondered.

"Just trust me on this. Spike, go with him." She said when Spike walked over to them. He noticed that Buffy looked a little pale.

"Are you okay?" He asked her and she nodded.

"I'm fine, just go save her." They nodded also and walked out of the building, without asking anymore questions. Buffy then fell down and landed in someone's arms. She looked up to see Gunn.

"You sure you're okay?" He asked her as he helped her up and she nodded again.

"Yeah, just a little headachy. Nothing to worry about." She told him.

"Well, you should take it easy. How did you know there was a girl in trouble anyway?" Buffy looked away from him.

"I just had a feeling." She said as she waited for Spike and Angel to come back. She knew she would have some more explaining to do.