Author's Chapter Notes:
I couldn't resist putting Spike's speech from "Touched" in here. It's a pretty good thing to remember. I obviously don't own it or anything for that matter. I have to keep telling myself that. Hope you guys like it=)
Chapter 1

They got back to Wolfram and Hart and both were upset. “What the hell is he doing with her? I know he’s responsible for the way she was acting.” Angel ranted when they got back to his office. Spike shrugged.

“You know him better than I do. The git had me believing that he had visions and was sent by the Powers to help me. Still can’t believe I fell for that.” Spike mumbled.

“This is probably his revenge on both of us. He knows how much Buffy means to us.” Angel said.

“He should just be going after you. I never did anything to the bloke. He's the one that played me.” Angel rolled his eyes.

“I don’t think that matters. I know Lindsey doesn’t really want either of us here. He still wants to be in charge of Wolfram and Hart and now he’s using Buffy to get to us. I have to know what he did to her. How can he just erase us from her memory?” Spike shrugged again.

“How the bloody hell should I know?” Angel looked out his window for a few seconds, before turning back to Spike.

“We have to find her. Make her believe us somehow.” Spike smiled.

“Oh, could we kidnap her? Should be fun.” Angel glared at Spike.

“Do you think you could be serious for once? This is Buffy we’re talking about. We have to help her. She doesn’t know what Lindsey is capable of. He probably has her under some spell that gets her to trust him.” Spike nodded.

“So, what do we do?” Angel thought about it.

“I’m going to find her.” He said as he walked out of his office.

“Right, I’ll just wait here then.” Spike called after him.


* * * * *


Angel headed to the beach about an hour later, where he was told by his source that Buffy might be. He also knew how much she always loved the ocean. He looked around and didn’t see her anywhere, when he heard the familiar voice behind him. “Nice night, isn’t it?” Angel turned around and growled as he grabbed Lindsey’s throat.

“Where is she?” Lindsey laughed as he tried to talk.

“Kill me and you’ll never find her.” Angel let him go, but kept the scowl on his face.

“What did you do to her?” Lindsey shrugged.

“Didn’t do anything. Buffy finally knows what it’s like to be with a real man.” He stated.

“Somehow I don’t think she’s with you because she wants to be. You have her under a spell.” Lindsey shrugged again.

“Think what you want. Whatever helps you to sleep at night or day in your case. I have all I need.” He said with a smile and Angel really didn’t want to ask his next question.

“You slept with her?” Lindsey’s smile got even wider.

“Did more than that. She’s quite the spitfire. I could hardly keep up.” Angel lunged at Lindsey and punched him in the face and he fell back as he rubbed his jaw.

“You won’t be touching her again.” Angel said in a surprisingly calm voice and Lindsey only laughed.

“I think that’s for her to decide. Right now, I think she would choose me.” Lindsey said with a smile. “Guess we’ll see what happens.” He stated before he ran off and Angel let him go. He didn’t know what else to do.


* * * * *


Spike was waiting around Wolfram and Hart for Angel to get back and all the waiting was starting to get to him. He couldn’t wait anymore and decided to go for a walk. He had to get out of that place. He was walking around the city for a bit, when he then spotted Buffy walking out of a store. He hid behind a wall and waited for her to walk by. When she did, he grabbed her arm and placed his hand over her mouth to stop her from screaming. “It’s alright, love. I won’t hurt you.” He said as he pulled his hand away and she turned to look at him.

“God, what is your deal?” She asked and Spike realized how much he missed her.

“I need to talk to you.” Buffy backed away from him.

“You need to leave me alone. Are you a stalker or something?” Spike shook his head.

“You need help, Buffy. You can’t trust Lindsey. He’s not who you think he is.” Buffy couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“Are you serious? He’s my boyfriend, of course I trust him. He told me that I couldn't trust you or that friend of yours. I don’t know who you think you are, but you don’t know me. Just stay away from me.” She said as she started to back away again and Spike couldn’t let her leave. He grabbed her and pulled her toward him. She tried to struggle, but that only made him hold on tighter. He took the rag with the chloroform that he had out of his pocket and placed it on her mouth, until she finally passed out. He then put it back in his pocket. He knew that would come in handy, incase he ran into her. He picked her up and cradled her in his arms.

“Sorry about this, pet. You didn’t give me a choice.” He said as he placed a kiss on her forehead and headed back to Wolfram and Hart.


* * * * *


“You can’t keep me here.” Buffy said after she woke up to find herself chained to a bed. Spike took her back to Wolfram and Hart and brought her to Angel’s room, instead of taking her to his apartment.

“Actually I can. I have to make you realize the truth.” Buffy glared at him.

“Yeah, I’m realizing that you’re psychotic. Let me go!” She exclaimed as she pulled on the chains and he shook his head.

“Can’t do that, love. Not even you would be able to break these babies. So, I would suggest that you stop trying if you don’t want to hurt yourself.” Buffy gave up and sat back in the bed.

“Why are you doing this?” She asked in a small voice and Spike’s look softened.

“I want to help you remember. You have to focus, love. There has to be some part of you that still knows who I am.” Buffy thought about it.

“I admit you do look familiar, but that’s it. I just figured you had one of those faces.” Spike nodded when Angel then walked into the room and grabbed Spike’s arm. He pulled him away to talk in private.

“What did I say about the kidnapping?” He asked and Spike shrugged.

“I got her here, didn’t I?” Angel sighed.

“Did you have to chain her up?” Spike then let a smile from on his face.

“It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve used chains on her.” Angel rolled his eyes.

“I’m not even gonna ask. Have you made any progress?” He wondered and Spike shook his head.

“Not much, she thinks Lindsey’s her boyfriend and that I’m psychotic.” He explained.

“Well, she got part of it right.” Spike glared at him, but didn’t say anything. “You stay here and try to get through to her. I’m going to look for Lindsey. He’s the only one that knows what’s wrong with her, whether I like it or not.” Spike nodded as Angel left. He went back into the bedroom to join Buffy. He found her with a glazed look on her face and she seemed to be lost in thought. Spike wondered what she was thinking about.

*I've been alive a bit longer than you, and dead a lot longer than that. I've seen things you couldn't imagine, and done things I prefer you didn't. I don't exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I follow my blood, which doesn't exactly rush in the direction of my brain. So I make a lot of mistakes, a lot of wrong bloody calls. 100+ years and there's only one thing I've ever been sure of: You. When I say "I love you" it's not because I want you or because I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman. You're the one, Buffy.*