Summery: Set after Buffy death at end of season 5, through to when she's brought back. (I'm going to change that a little). People's feelings and reactions to her death, and her resurrection.

Disclaimer: Blah, blah, blah. you know the drill.

Authors Note: Hey guys!! Here's my next fan fic! Hope you like it. I've tried to use all the advice people have sent me! Thanks Evangeline! Love Lucy XxXx

* * * * * * * * * *

Tara listened to the quietness of the house. Willow was snoring slightly next to her and there was a whisper of wind in trees outside and, what was that? Smiling she closed her eyes. Dawn was walking downstairs.

It had been only three days since Buffy had left them, no one was saying much, but Dawn hadn't said anything. She lay in her bed all day and refused to move, Xander had stormed in earlier that day and grabbed a hold of her arm, pulling her out the bed. She'd bitten him. Everyone was worried about the slayers little sister and Tara couldn't help thinking that maybe she'd be better if Giles would let Spike up to see her.

The blonde vampire had called round every evening, sitting on the back step and waiting until someone would let him in to see Dawn. No one would. If it was up to her Tara would let him in, she knew that he loved Dawn like a sister, probably more like a daughter, and Dawn loved him back as a big brother. They needed each other; they didn't have Buffy any more

_ _ _ _ _

Dawn walked downstairs, hand trailing along the familiar smoothness of the wallpaper. Her mouth was dry and throat sore, Buffy would be out slaying now, Willow and Tara sleeping. She walked tentatively in to the kitchen, feeling the cold tiles on the bottoms of her bare feet. Letting the water run for a moment she put her glass under the rush, filling it half way.

"Half full or half empty?"

She turned quickly, hearing her sister's voice behind her, from the doorway where she would be leaning.

"Buffy?"

Dawn's eyes searched the darkness. Nothing. No one. She was alone. She turned back and poured the water back down the sink before turning and walking back to her bed.

_ _ _ _ _

"Morning Dawnie. want breakfast?"

Getting no response Willow sighed and closed the door again. It wasn't surprising that Dawn wouldn't talk to anyone and that she stayed in bed all day, not allowing anyone near her, but it was unnerving. No one had seen her act like this, ever, they were all used to her frequent teenage outbursts. But this was different, total shut down. Walking back down stairs Willow sat at the breakfast bar and watched her girlfriend making pancakes.

"Does Dawnie want any?"

"She didn't move again. Oh Tara! I'm so worried! This isn't like her at all!"

Putting down the pancakes and turning off the stove Tara walked over and put her arms round her lover's crying form.

"I know baby. She's just trying to find a way of coping without Buffy. We all are"

Willow looked back at her before holding her close again.

"I miss her so much .."

"We all do baby. We all do"

_ _ _ _ _

Putting his arms around her waist he pulled her away from the edge, her body was limp but he could hear the steady beat of her heart deep with in it. He carried her gently down; laid her on the ground away from the construction site. He waited, watching her as she lay there, running his blooded fingers through her hair, whispering words of reassurance and comfort. As her eyes opened he saw her smile at him and smiled back. She was safe. She was alive.

Spikes eyes flashed open and the smile he had on his face vanished. He turned over and buried his face in the pillow sobbing in pain and anger.

_ _ _ _ _

"I know it's hard Willow, loosing Buffy is the hardest thing that's happened to any of us. But we have to go on. Live, Buffy would want it"

His voice cracked slightly as he spoke, but he carried on talking. Tara marvelled at his ability to do this, the strength he had.

"Giles it's too much for her! She's already lost her mother, and now Buffy!"

Willow was frantic. Dawn hadn't eaten since the night Buffy had died and she was looking frail and deathly pale, they all agreed to let her mourn in her own way, but if it was going to affect her like this Willow wasn't going to let her carry on. Stepping in to the room fully Tara cleared her throat.

"I.I don't want to interrupt, b. but, I d...don't think she's accepted the fact that Buffy's d.dead until she does then she'd n.not going to get any better. I think she needs to see Spike."

* * * * * * * * * *

AN: Hope you liked it!! Please R+R! I'm trying to improve my writing, so if you have any pointers please give them!! OH!! It WILL be Spuffy. Promise!! Love Lucy XxXx