Author's Chapter Notes:
Holy Shit!!!!! You guys fucking rock!!!! Pardon my language but god!!!!!! I got so many reviews!! I love you guys! Thank you to spikes_niblet, Smitten, blondiebear, lacey, alexandrea, Taylor, katie, jenna, sunshine, zach, Kay, ganesss, Shayla, ashley, Karen, Alison, Megan, spikegirl, melissa, Caitie, NEO, brandi, Willy, Kelly, emma, lissiee, gypsy_jin, Jackie, kiara, sandra, and cece for the wonderful reviews! You guys don’t know how much those mean to me and I almost cried because if you guys! To know that you guys actually like my story…well that’s amazing so thank you all so much and this chapter is for all of you!!!!
“It seems that Joyce… had an aneurysm. I believe that she felt little or no pain at all. There was really nothing that you could have done. I’m sorry for your loss Buffy. You can see the body after we have finished looking to see what else had happened.”

Buffy looks up at Dr. Smith with tears in her eyes and mumbles something.

Dr. Smith leans forwards and asks, “I’m sorry, what?”

“She is not a body! Don’t make her sound like she’s a thing! She is a human being and it’s your fault she’s dead! You killed her you sick fucking bastard!!” Buffy rushes forward and starts to punch Dr. Smith on his chest. With each punch she screams out a word.

“You…killed her! Don’t…you …fucking…get that! you… killed the one… person I had… left in this world! God I wish you would have died instead of her!”

“Buffy?...Buffy baby?”

Buffy looks back behind her and sees her mother standing with open arms. Buffy pushes Dr. Smith back and runs towards her mother.

Joyce wraps her arms around her daughter and kisses her on the head.

“Oh god, mommy. I thought you were dead. They said you died and that you left me. God mommy. I love you so much,” Buffy says with tears in her eyes.

Joyce smiles and runs her fingers through Buffy’s hair.

“Don’t worry Buffy. You will never be alone I promise you. Buffy… baby...promise me something…”

“What mommy?”

“Promise me to protect him...”
Buffy looks questionably at Joyce, “What…?”

“Buffy…Buffy…”




“Buffy…sweetie wake up.”

Buffy gasps as she wakes up. She sits up quickly to see she is in a hospital chair with Spike at her side. She looks at him and tries to get up. Spike holds her down and says, “Buffy, you have to calm down... breathe.”

She shakes her head and pushes against Spike, crying out, “No…no…where’s mom? Where is she?! She was right here and then she wasn’t! What did you do to her! Where is she Spike!? Where is my mommy?!”

Buffy finally breaks down and falls into Spike’s arms. Spike picks her up and sits down with her in his lap. He softly strokes her hair and murmurs to her, “Shhhh luv…its ok...everything will be ok. I promise you.”

“Oh god Spike. I can’t breath…I need her back so much…please just bring her back.” Buffy sobs into his chest. She grabs him tighter and Spike lets the sobs drown at the sounds of the hospital.




**********




“Buffy wake up luv… we’re home.”

Buffy opens her eyes to the sight of her house. She can feel the tears already forming in her eyes, and blinks them back. She shakes her head and leans further into Spike.

“No…please don’t make me go in there. She was there when she…the body…please Spike.”

Spike sighs and puts the car in drive and heads forward. Buffy lets out a smile, “Thank you…but where are we going? I thought you didn’t have anywhere to stay?”

Spike nods and looks at her, “Yeah I do actually. Faith just said that so I would stay with her for a while. I have an apartment downtown. We will stay there till Faith gets back.”

Buffy nods and lays her head back down on his shoulder. “Where is she anyway? I mean you would think she would be with us after…after all that’s happened.”

Spike sighs and runs his fingers through her hair. “I don’t know bab…Buffy. I really don’t”

Both are silent the rest of the way there…both comfortable being just next to each other.




********




“Come on in Buffy. Just put your stuff on the couch…you want something to drink?”


Buffy nods and sits down on the couch, “Yeah…Pepsi would be fine. Thank you”

As Spike walks into the kitchen, Buffy looks around his apartment. She sees that he loves the color black and red. She smiles to herself as she sees his CD collection.

“Here ya go…one Pepsi for the lady.”

Spike hands her the drink and sits down next to her. Buffy curls her feet next to him and lays her head on his shoulder.

“Spike…will it always hurt like this…the pain?” she asks.

Spike lets out a sigh and reaches up to run his fingers through her hair, “I don’t now Buffy. I really don’t. When my mother passed away, it took me a long time to heal. But it does go away. I just don’t know if it will be soon for you. You just have to remember that she isn’t really gone. She’s here…in this room. With you and me…with everyone. She loves you still, and you still love her. She is in your heart as well as mine. I only got to know her for a few weeks, but she was one hell of a women and she will be missed and loved be everyone. So, think back on the good things that happened with her.”

By the time he finished, he looks down to see Buffy with tears running down her face. He reaches down the brush them away with his fingers. He lightly traces her lips with his thumb and whispers, “Buffy…luv…”

Buffy’s eyes widen as he leans down to lightly brush his lips against hers. Buffy lets out a soft moan, and reaches up to brush her fingers through his hair. Spike finally realizes what he is doing and pulls back forcefully. He looks at Buffy with her red , swollen kissed lips, and stands up quickly.

Buffy looks up at him and asks, “Spike…Spike what’s wrong? “

Spike shakes her head at her, “Don’t. Just forget it ever happened. I’m gonna go make up the bed for you. So just stay here and I’ll be right back”

With that, Spike rushes off to the room, leaving a confused Buffy sitting on the couch.







A/N yes I know that was short..but what can ya do…lol I hope yall like that chapter and if you did please please please please please please leave me a review!!!!it makes me type faster I swear!!!!!!! Thank you all again!