Author's Chapter Notes:
I have to apologize in advance for this chapter. I needed something dramatic. I really didn't want to do this, but it seemed like a good thing to do at the time. Again, I suck at action scenes. Well, we're almost to the end anyway.
Chapter 9

When they got to their destination, they saw a huge demon attacking a young girl. Spike growled and lunged at the demon, getting it away from the girl. Buffy looked at the scared girl on the ground. “Get out of here!” She yelled to her and the girl didn’t have to be told twice as she ran away. Buffy then turned back to the demon that Spike was fighting and decided to join in. Dawn and Alyssa were just watching Buffy and Spike fight the demon and were amazed at how well they fought together. They were a perfect match. Buffy was being very careful not to let the demon get any punches close to her stomach. She was good at blocking his punches. “Where’s a weapon when you need one?” They heard Buffy say and Alyssa saw a broken tree branch on the ground. She figured it wouldn’t do much, but it was at least something. She focused on the branch and lifted it up and over to Buffy. Buffy saw the tree branch floating over to her and she grabbed it out of the air and stuck it in the demon’s eye. He cried out in pain and pulled the branch out and Buffy could tell that she really pissed him off. The demon then grabbed Spike by the neck and threw him into a nearby tree, where he hit his head and fell to the ground. Dawn and Alyssa ran over to him and could tell that he seemed to be out of it as they continued to watch Buffy.

“You stay with him. I’m gonna try and help Buffy.” Alyssa said and Dawn nodded as Alyssa went over to where Buffy was fighting the demon by herself. She didn’t even know if she could do anything, but she was willing to try. The demon knocked Buffy to the ground and was about to impale her with his sharp claws. Alyssa noticed this and lifted her leg to kick the demon away from her with all the strength that she had, which wasn’t very much. The demon hardly moved with the force of her kick as he backhanded her across the face and sent her to the ground. Buffy got up and went to Alyssa’s side, turning her attention away from the demon.

“You okay?” She asked her and Alyssa nodded and looked up as she saw the demon behind Buffy. He suddenly had a large sword in his hand and raised it above his head as he aimed for Buffy.

“Look out!” Alyssa yelled as Buffy turned around just in time to see the demon raise the sword. Without even thinking about what she was doing, Alyssa pushed Buffy out of the way just in time for the demon to stab her in the abdomen. Alyssa yelled in pain as she fell to the ground.

“No!” Dawn yelled after she saw what happened. Spike was finally starting to come around as he watched what was happening also. Buffy grew angry as she stood up and kicked the sword out of the demon's hand. The demon tried to attack her, but she dodged his blow and grabbed the sword off of the ground. She then swung with all her strength and took the demon's head off. The demon's body then fell to the ground and disolved into nothing. She sighed in relief and went over to Alyssa, who was still lying on the ground. Dawn and Spike ran over to them and Dawn kneeled down to be closer to her friend. She was losing a lot of blood. Dawn had tears in her eyes as she took off her jacket and placed it over Alyssa’s wound to stop the bleeding. “We have to do something.” She said as she looked at them. Spike kneeled down next to her and put his arm around Dawn.

“There’s nothing we can do, nibblet. The wound is too deep.” Dawn shook her head as she noticed how pale her friend suddenly was.

“No, she can’t die. We can’t just let her die.” She said as tears fell down her face. Buffy had tears in her eyes also as she watched her sister lose someone else in her life. Alyssa looked up at them, which was hard because everything was starting to feel numb. She had tears of her own in her eyes.

“It’ll be okay.” She said and Dawn shook her head again.

“It’s not okay. This isn’t fair; you’re not supposed to die.” Alyssa took Dawn’s hand in hers.

“I’m happy, Dawn. For the first time in my life, I’m really happy and that’s all thanks to you. All of you.” She said as she looked at all of them. “I can finally go knowing that I was important, that I had a true meaning in this world.” Alyssa looked at Buffy. “Take care of the baby. I know he or she will be beautiful.” She then looked at Spike as the tears continued to come down her face. “Thank you for saving me.” She whispered to him and he nodded as he had tears of his own in his eyes. She looked back at Dawn and gave her hand a squeeze. “I love you.” Was the last thing she said before her eyes closed and her hand fell out of Dawn’s. Dawn was crying so hard now as she rested her head on Alyssa’s chest. Buffy and Spike just watched her, their hearts breaking for the young girl that has lost so much in her life. Buffy wrapped her arms around her sister and cried with her as Spike then wrapped his arms around both of them. They continued to cry for a girl that changed all of their lives. They knew that things would never be the same as they thought about what to do next.