Chapter 8

A week went by and things were okay with Dawn and Alyssa. They didn’t talk much about what happened, but Alyssa was just relieved that Dawn didn’t seem to act weird around her. Buffy and Spike were at the house having another one of their arguments. “I’m just saying that I think you should take a break with the patrolling.” Spike stated to an aggravated Buffy.

“I can’t just take a break, Spike. I’m the Slayer; it’s kinda in the job description.” She explained.

“Well, you’re a pregnant Slayer right now and unless you don’t want anything to happen to the little one, I suggest you should.” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“I’m not even showing yet. When I get bigger, then I’ll consider it. I won’t go out that much, okay? Just every now and then and I won’t deal with anything really big, I’ll let you handle that. I just can’t sit around and do nothing.” Spike sighed and gave in.

“Fine, but I don’t want you going out without me.” Buffy got closer to him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

“Aw, is the Big Bad worried about me?” She said and he kissed her softly on the lips.

“You know I am.” He replied as he placed his hand on her stomach. “You and the little one are my world, Buffy. I just want to know that you’re safe.” Buffy was touched at his concern.

“I know how to handle myself, Spike. I’ll be okay.” Spike nodded even though he wasn’t that convinced. They kissed again, when Xander walked in.

“God, do you guys always have to do that?” Spike glared at him for interrupting them and then thought of something as a smile formed on his face.

“Are you jealous, Harris? What we had was special, but I think it’s time to move on.” Xander looked appalled at that and Buffy was trying not to laugh.

“Okay, that’s just disturbing.” He said as he ignored Spike and looked at Buffy. “I just wanted to know if you were planning on calling Giles.” Buffy shrugged.

“Why would I need to call Giles?” Xander raised his eyebrows.

“Well, I figured you might want to tell him about Dead Boy Jr. over here and that you’re carrying his baby. Don’t you think Giles should know?” Buffy didn’t think about that.

“Right, I forgot that Giles doesn’t know. Well, that should be a fun conversation. I don’t really think it’s something I should say over the phone. Maybe I’ll tell him the next time he visits, whenever that would be.” She said and Xander nodded.

“Yeah, that’s probably a good idea. I’ll just leave you two alone now.” He said as he then made the mistake of looking back at Spike, just in time to catch Spike licking his lips and giving him a smirk. Xander gulped and just walked away. Buffy smacked Spike on the head.

“Stop teasing him, it’s just creepy.” Spike pouted and rubbed his head.

“Spoil my fun, Slayer. I was only messing with the boy.” Buffy shook her head.

“100 plus years of existence and you still haven’t grown up. At least Angel was mature.” She said with a smile and Spike glared at her.

“You’re gonna get it now, missy.” He stated as she then ran up the stairs, Spike right behind her. She ran into her room right before he grabbed her and threw her on the bed. She was laughing as he got on top of her and pinned her arms over her head. “I've got you now.” He said and her smile was wiped off of her face as she looked into his eyes.

“You always have me.” She stated and Spike lowered his head to capture her lips with his. He moved his lips to her neck as she moaned under him. “Spike, the door.” She whispered and he groaned as he got up to close the door. He joined her back on the bed and gave her a smile.

“Now, where were we?” He said as Buffy smiled also and grabbed his head, planting a hard kiss on his mouth.


* * * * *


More time passed and Alyssa has never been happier. The other kids finally started to leave her alone at school and she had some good friends. She also hasn’t heard from her father again, which she was grateful for. She was really looking forward to helping Buffy out with the baby when it was born. She knew they had a while for that, but she always wanted a little brother or sister and now she would get her chance. She would actually consider herself more like an aunt though. Buffy even said that her and Dawn could name the baby when it was born because Buffy and Spike couldn’t seem to agree on any names. She was walking to the house with Dawn and neither one of them had a lot to say. When they got to the house, they saw Spike sitting out there. “Hey, what’s up?” Dawn asked as they walked over to him and he looked up at them.

“Buffy’s inside talking to the Watcher on the phone. I really didn’t want to witness the conversation.” Dawn nodded in understanding.

“I take it she decided to tell him.” Spike nodded also and waited until Buffy was finished. They all remained silent, when Buffy finally came outside. Spike looked up at her.

“So, what’s the verdict?” He asked and Buffy sighed as she sat down next to him.

“Well, I was right about it being a very fun conversation. It was okay I guess. When Giles was done with his lecture he managed to congratulate me on the pregnancy, even though you wouldn’t have been his first choice.” Spike put his arm around her.

“You okay, love?” Buffy nodded and leaned into his touch.

“Yeah, I’m good. I’m just glad that’s off my chest now.” Spike agreed and then looked up at the two girls.

“Don’t you two have some homework you should be getting to?” Dawn rolled her eyes.

“We get that you guys wanna be alone. You could just say that.” Spike rolled his eyes also and was about to say something else, when they heard a scream coming from somewhere in the distance. Spike got up along with Buffy.

“Hold that thought. You two stay here.” He said to the girls as he headed to where he heard the scream. Buffy followed after him because he knew she wouldn’t stay behind. Dawn and Alyssa looked at each other and then took off after Buffy and Spike. They didn't want to miss anything.