Author's Chapter Notes:
Did you guys really think I would be done with Parker? There will be more with him later. I hope you guys would like the start of my Spuffy goodness, but that doesn't mean the angst is over. Things will be fine with them, so you don't have to worry about that. Hope ya'll like this chapter=)
Chapter 10

Buffy awoke with a huge headache. She knew it had to be more than a hangover. She tried to get her eyes to adjust and glanced around at her surroundings. She didn’t know where she was, until her eyes rested on Spike asleep in a chair. She had to smile at how innocent he looked, and that caused her head to hurt even more as she let out a groan.

Spike then woke up and looked at her. He rubbed his tired eyes and gave a small smile. “Hey, how do you feel?” he asked softly.

“My head hurts. What happened?” she wondered.

“Do you remember anything?”

Buffy thought about it and nodded. “I remember going to the Bronze with Parker, and then watching you with Cordelia.” She shut her eyes as the memories came back to her, then opened them again to look at him. “We talked and I went back to Parker. I remember drinking a rum and coke, but I didn’t have that much. I think I remember Parker taking me outside, but it’s all kinda fuzzy after that. How did I get here?”

Spike took in a deep breath. “I brought you here, pet. I found you outside the Bronze with Parker and it looked like he was trying to...rape you. We think he put sleeping pills in your drink. So, I hit him and brought you here.”

Buffy closed her eyes again and started to remember more of what happened. She remembered being really out of it and Parker’s hands on her. She cringed at what could have happened if Spike didn’t show up when he did. “It’s a good thing you were there, then.”

Spike nodded and was once again grateful he got to her when he did. He stood up and placed a kiss on her forehead. “You should probably get some more rest, Buffy. Your mum knows you’re here. I’ll tell my uncle that you’re better.” He started to walk away, but Buffy’s voice stopped him.

“Do you love her?”

Spike turned back at her question, and didn’t even have to ask who she was talking about. “No, I don’t know her well enough. I just like talking to her. I’m actually in love with someone else,” he said the last part as he looked away from her and when he looked back, he noticed that Buffy was once again fast asleep. He figured she was still exhausted. Spike gave her a small smile and went to her side, planting another kiss on her forehead. “I love you, Buffy,” he whispered and left the room, heading downstairs to tell Giles that she was okay.


* * * * *


Buffy was back in school a few days later after taking a bit of a break. She went back to Parker’s hotel to discover that he checked out, and she was really praying that he went back to LA. She hoped that he would forget about her and not come back. Buffy hadn’t seen Spike since she left his house and really hoped that things were okay with them. She was heading to her locker and stopped when she noticed Spike and Cordelia again. This time it looked like they were just having a conversation, instead of making out. It was still hard for Buffy to watch. She turned and walked in the other direction, making her way outside for some air. She decided to walk around for a bit and was too far lost in her thoughts to notice that someone was calling her name. Buffy then felt someone grab her arm and turn her around suddenly. She was surprised at the sight of Spike, even more surprised when he pressed his lips to hers. Buffy didn’t know what was happening, but she started to return the kiss.

He pulled away after a moment because they both needed to breathe.

Buffy stared into his eyes.

Spike tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “I couldn’t let you get away this time.”

Buffy was still in a state of shock. She found her voice a few seconds later. “Did...Did you just kiss me?”

Spike smiled at her. “Nothing gets by you.”

She finally came out of her daze and slapped him on the arm. “Don’t be a smart ass. Why did you do that?”

Spike shrugged and hoped that she did want him to kiss her. “Seemed like a good thing to do at the time.”

She crossed her arms over her chest.

Spike knew he would have to say more than that. “I’ve wanted to do that for a long time now. I’ve been in love with you since I first met you, Buffy. I never thought you would have ever noticed me then. I’m so sorry that I hurt you.”

Buffy’s eyes widened at his declaration. “You love me?”

Spike grasped her hand in his and gave it a squeeze. “More than anything,” he replied.

Buffy smiled. “I love you, too. I’ve wanted to tell you for a while now, but then you started acting like a jerk.”

Spike flinched at that and really regretted his actions.

Buffy felt worried when a thought occurred to her. “What about Cordelia?”

Spike saw the fear on her face and had to make things right. “I just broke up with her. I realized that she wasn’t the one I wanted to be with.”

Buffy wrapped her arms around him, feeling beyond relieved.

Spike reciprocated the embrace and kissed the top of her head. It felt so right having Buffy in his arms. He knew that he finally made the right decision.