Author's Chapter Notes:
A little time has passed from the last chapter; I needed to get things moving. I hope you guys like it=)
Chapter 11

Buffy smiled when she opened her door and let Spike in. She didn’t even get any words out as his lips crushed hers in a passionate kiss. She was breathless when he finally pulled away.

“Wow, we should say hello like that every day.”

Spike smiled as well and closed the door. “I think we do.”

Buffy agreed as they moved to the living room and prepared for another movie night. They had been dating for a few months now, and things couldn’t be better. William kept his look and the name, but he went back to being the sweet guy that he always was. He decided that he didn’t care all that much about being popular and started sitting with them at lunch again.

Cordelia actually took the break up pretty well. What surprised everyone the most was when she suddenly started to date Xander. No one could have seen that one coming. She was still pretty popular, even though she had been hanging out with them more.

Willow started dating Oz, who was in a band and she couldn’t be happier. She never had a boyfriend before, and still found it hard to believe that a musician would be interested in her.

Everyone was just full of surprises lately.

The weirdest of all would have to be about two weeks ago when Buffy’s mother, Joyce, started to see Giles. Buffy and Spike were beyond shocked when they walked into her house to find them in a serious make out session. Not to mention severely scarred for life. They tried not to let it bother them and just wanted the adults to be happy. It wouldn’t ruin what they had with each other. They would just appreciate it if they never had to walk in on that again, so the adults have been extra careful.

Spike and Buffy were still only in the making out phase of their relationship.

Buffy had a lot of bad sexual experiences in the past, and this was the first time that she’d been in a real relationship that didn’t involve sex. She knew William was a virgin, and that he was probably scared of taking their relationship to the next level, so she would wait for as long as he needed. She was finally in a real relationship and didn’t want to do anything to ruin that. She was resting her head against his shoulder, trying not to fall asleep as the movie ended.

Spike looked at her and kissed the top of her head. “I think someone should get to bed,” he whispered to her.

Buffy shook her head. “Not sleepy,” she replied, letting out a yawn.

He had to smile at how adorable she was. “Look sleepy to me. Come on, pet. Up you go.” He pulled her off of the couch and noticed that she wasn’t really cooperating, so he then picked her up and carried her up the stairs and into her room.

Buffy didn’t even protest and just rested her head against his chest.

Spike placed her on the bed when they got to her room and covered her with the blanket. He was about to walk away, when he felt her hand on his arm.

“Stay with me?” she pleaded.

Spike could only nod, even though it probably wasn’t a good idea. He lay down next to her and wrapped his arms around her petite frame.

Buffy moved closer to him and rested her head back on his chest. She decided to break the sudden silence a moment later. “Will?”

He glanced down and saw that she was trying very hard to stay awake. “Yeah, pet?”

Buffy shut her eyes before answering. “I love you.”

Spike would never get tired of hearing that. “I love you, too.” He noticed that she was already asleep and pressed a kiss to her forehead, then made himself more comfortable and soon followed her in slumber.


* * * * *


Spike entered his house the next day, with a smile on his face. It quickly vanished once he saw that his uncle was waiting for him.

“I’m glad you decided to come home.”

He shrugged. “I was at Buffy’s. Sorry I forgot to call, didn’t think it was a big deal.”

Giles took his glasses off to clean them. “I understand that you’re not a child anymore, William. You may be eighteen-years-old, but that doesn’t mean I don’t worry about you, and that you shouldn’t call me when you are going to be out all night.”

Spike nodded and started to feel guilty. “You’re right, I’m sorry. I wasn’t planning on staying, but we ended up falling asleep after the movie. It won’t happen again.”

Giles nodded as well. “I should hope not. You know I think Buffy is a lovely girl, but I don’t like the idea of you being alone with her when Joyce is out of town.”

“We didn’t do anything, uncle. I promise we only slept,” Spike replied.

“I believe you. I just want you to be careful.”

Spike had a feeling he knew what Giles meant by being careful, but didn’t feel comfortable discussing that with the older man. “I know what I’m doing. I think I’ll just go upstairs and get more rest, didn’t get much last night.”

Giles stopped him before he could reach the stairs. “I thought you said that all you did was sleep.”

Spike blushed as he avoided his uncle’s stare. “It’s hard to focus on sleeping with Buffy next to you.”

Giles smiled at his nephew’s obvious feelings for the young woman. “You really love her, don’t you?”

Spike felt a little shy at the question, but couldn’t deny it. “More than I ever thought I could love anything. She’s a bloody angel. I’m still finding it hard to believe that a gorgeous girl like her could want me, even before my change. I was so stupid to think that I could ever want anyone else. This one is it.”

Giles was a bit surprised, having no idea he felt that strongly for Buffy. “Don’t you think it’s a bit soon to be thinking that?”

Spike shook his head. “She’s my entire world, there’s no way I would ever give her up. This is the one that I’m going to marry, when that time comes. I’m not in any real hurry.”

Giles sighed in relief. “Well, that’s good to know. I’m glad you’re happy, William. You definitely deserve it.”

Spike gave his uncle one more smile before finally making his way up the stairs.

Giles watched him go and had to let a smile of his own form on his lips. His nephew was all grown up now. Soon he would move out, get married, and have a family of his own. Giles then took a deep breath and gazed up at the ceiling. “I hope you’re proud of your son, my dear sister. He is really growing up to be a fine young man.” He glanced back to the stairs and smiled again, knowing that he was somewhat responsible for the way William turned out.