Chapter 12

Spike walked into the self defense class to pick Buffy up. He noticed a lot of mats on the floor and a lot of the kids were starting to leave. He finally found Buffy sparring with a taller man and couldn’t help watching her. She started taking self defense a month ago because she wanted to be able to defend herself better. You never knew when you would need it. She looked amazing as she was blocking all of his punches.

Buffy lifted up her leg and kicked the man hard in the chest, which sent him crashing to the floor. She gasped in surprise and put her hand over her mouth. “God, I’m so sorry. Guess I don’t know my own strength sometimes,” she said, removing her hand.

He stood up and rubbed his chest. “It’s nothing, I’ve dealt with worse.”

Buffy felt a little better, then finally took notice of Spike standing there. She flashed him a bright smile and headed over to him. “Did you see me? I was totally kicking ass!” she exclaimed and turned back to her instructor, with an apologetic look on her face. “Sorry about that.”

“Don’t worry about it, Buffy. You’ve come very far and should be proud of your accomplishment. So, you must be William?” he said, focusing now on Spike.

“Yeah, who might you be?” he wondered.

“I’m Riley Finn, I teach this self defense class. I was just giving Buffy some extra pointers, but I don’t think she needs them.”

Buffy smiled at him. “Yeah, after only a month of class, I’m ready to take on anyone,” she stated, then noticed the two men giving her strange looks. “Well, not that I would. You know, because violence is bad. It’s wrong, big no to violence.”

Spike smiled in return and planted a kiss on the top of her head. “Come on, love. I better get you home.”

She nodded and went to grab her stuff.

“Great moves today, Buffy,” Riley told her.

Buffy gave him another smile. “Thanks, I’ll see you next week,” she said, then walked away with Spike.

Riley watched the young couple and smiled as well, then snatched his cell phone to call his wife.


* * * * *


Buffy pushed Spike against the front door when they got to her house. She attacked his mouth in a passionate kiss.

He returned the kiss, until breathing became an issue. “Buffy, don’t you think we should wait until we get inside?”

Buffy nodded and opened the door, then pulled him in behind her. She slammed the door shut and pushed him back against it. “My mom won’t be home for hours,” she whispered seductively, smashing her lips to his again. She ran her hands down his chest and stopped once she reached his jeans, then cupped his crotch and squeezed.

Spike started to breathe more heavily, pulling his mouth away from hers. “Jesus, Buffy. What’s gotten into you?”

Buffy took a step back when she realized what was happening. She forgot for a second that he wasn’t like the other guys. William would never have sex with her against a door. She forgot that he was a virgin for a second, and gazed into his eyes to see confusion there. “I’m sorry, I got carried away.”

Spike nodded in understanding. “It’s okay, I guess that happens. Are you all right?”

Buffy let out a sigh. “Yeah, I’m fine. I’m just not used to this.”

“Not used to what?” he wondered.

She threw her hands up in the air. “I don’t know, all of this. I’m not used to being in an actual relationship. The guys that I’ve been involved with in the past usually only wanted sex. I have to remember that you’re different.”

Spike wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. “I am different, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think about sex. I think about that every bloody day, being with you like that. It would be everything to me, but I’m worried. I’m worried that it won’t be good enough for you. I don’t exactly have any experience in that area.”

Buffy couldn’t believe he thought that. “William, you would be amazing. I already know that. The first guy I was ever intimate with told me that it was nothing the next day. I used to think that I wasn’t good enough. I don’t want you to think that you aren’t good enough. When it happens with us, it will be amazing.”

Spike smiled and kissed her tenderly on the lips. His smile suddenly turned into a frown when he registered the rest of what she said. “Wait, you never told me about that. Who was this guy?”

Buffy shrugged. “It was a while ago, before I met you. It’s not important now. That’s all in the past, what matters now is the present and future.” She was about to walk away, but Spike grabbed her arm and pulled her back to him.

“I wish I could have been your first,” he claimed softly.

Buffy felt tears in her eyes, but held them back. “So do I, but I’ll get to be your first.”

Spike tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “You’ll get to be my only.”

Buffy smiled and gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

He then gazed deeply into her green eyes. “I think I’m ready for that, Buffy.”

She took on a look of surprise, clearly not expecting that. “Are you sure? I don’t want you to think that you have to do this. We don’t have to rush into anything.”

“I’ve never been so sure about anything in my life.”

Buffy graced him with another smile and grasped his hand in hers. “Let’s go to my room.”

Spike only nodded and couldn’t think of anything else to say as he let Buffy lead him to her room. He knew that he was doing the right thing. He was going to be with the woman he loved in every way possible. Spike smiled and realized that his dream was finally coming true as Buffy pulled him into her room and closed the door.