Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you guys won’t get too mad with me about the upcoming chapters. I had to deal with a little more angst. No worries, things always tend to work out in my world=)
Chapter 14

A few weeks went by and Buffy couldn’t remember ever being so happy before. She had a wonderful boyfriend, and things were getting better for her at school. She was walking home by herself because Spike had to stay after school to tutor someone. She was glad that he still did that, it proved that he would always be William. Buffy was minding her own business, when she was suddenly pushed from behind and slammed into a wall. She turned around to see who her attacker was, rolling her eyes at the sight of Parker.

“Great, this is just what I needed. What are you doing here?”

He grinned. “I’m here to see you. I decided to wait a while before coming back, to give you some time.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest. “Time for what?” she wondered in irritation.

“Time to realize that I’m the guy you want.”

Buffy laughed. “You’re kidding me, right? You try to force yourself on me, and you expect me to take you back? I’m just wondering, Parker. What delusional world are you living in?”

Parker felt enraged and grabbed her by the shoulders. “You don’t really have a choice.”

Buffy shoved him away from her. “You really don’t want to touch me,” she spat harshly.

Parker barked out a laugh. “What are you going to do?”

Buffy didn’t like that he was laughing at her and brought her knee up into his groin.

He groaned in pain and clutched his privates.

Buffy shook her head. “I tried to warn you,” she claimed and didn’t take notice of the fact that someone snuck up behind her, until she felt something hard hit her on the back of her head. She didn’t get to see who it was as she fell to the ground.

Parker looked up at the man and smirked, his pain forgotten. “Thanks, you’re right on time,” he remarked, staring at Buffy’s unconscious body.

“Let’s just get out of here,” the man replied, picking Buffy up and throwing her over his shoulder. He shoved her in the back of a nearby van, then got in after her.

Parker went to the driver’s side and got in as well, then started the vehicle and drove to his destination.


* * * * *


Spike was in his room reading a book for class, when there was a sudden knock on his door. He glanced up to see his uncle walk in, with a worried expression on his face.

“What is it?” he wondered.

“I talked to Joyce. She wanted to know if you’ve seen Buffy.”

Spike raised his eyebrows in confusion. “Not since school. I had to stay after for a while. She was going to walk home.”

Giles was afraid of that. “Apparently she never made it home. Joyce has been worried out of her mind.”

Spike was just as worried and quickly stood up. “I’m going to look for her,” he said, walking by Giles and out of the house.


* * * * *


He searched everywhere for Buffy, and wasn’t having any luck. Spike checked the Bronze and any other place where she would hang out. He even asked Willow and Xander, but they hadn’t seen her since school either. Spike was beyond worried now. He decided to head over to her house to see if she made it back, praying that she did. He knocked on the door once he arrived there and a worried Joyce opened it. The look on her face proved that Buffy wasn’t home.

“Hello, Joyce. Have you heard anything from her?”

She shook her head and let Spike into the house. “No, I haven’t. Buffy wouldn’t just not come home like this. If she was going to be late, she would have called.”

Spike nodded in agreement. “I know. I’ve looked everywhere and I don’t know where she could be. Do you think something could have happened to her?”

Joyce’s worried expression soon became that of a scared one. “Oh god, do you think someone could have kidnapped her?”

Spike really regretted what he said at the look of fear in her eyes. “I don’t know why anyone would want to. I’m sure she just lost track of time somewhere,” he amended, trying to reassure her.

Joyce wouldn’t believe that. “I have this bad feeling. It’s a mother’s intuition, I know something bad happened. If anything happens to my baby, I don’t know what I would do,” she claimed and took a seat on the couch, tears soon forming in her eyes.

Spike sat down next to her. “I’m sure she’s fine, Joyce. Buffy can handle herself.”

Joyce nodded and knew that he was right, but was still scared for her daughter.

They both remained silent after that, when there was another knock on the door.

Joyce instantly stood up to answer it. She saw the dark haired man standing out there and couldn’t stop the tears from falling. “Oh, honey. I’m so glad you’re here,” she stated, clinging to him in desperation.

He returned the embrace and moved into the house. “Of course I’m here, Mom. I came as soon as I got your message.”

They broke out of the hug and headed back into the living room.

“I didn’t mean to disturb you at college, Angel. I know how busy you are.”

He shook his head. “Don’t worry about it. Have you heard anything from Buffy?”

Joyce shook her head as well. “I don’t know where she is.”

Angel seemed to just take notice of the man that was sitting on his mother’s couch.

Joyce calmed down for a second to introduce them. “William, this is Buffy’s brother Angel,” she said, then turned back to her son. “He’s Buffy’s boyfriend.”

Angel nodded and held his hand out to the blond man. “It’s nice to meet you.”

Spike got up to shake his hand. “It’s nice to meet you, too.”

They pulled away and went back to being worried about Buffy’s disappearance.

Giles joined them about a half an hour later, and there was still no news on Buffy.

Joyce couldn’t take anymore after waiting for what seemed to be forever, deciding to call the police. She knew that they probably wouldn’t start searching until she was at least gone for twenty-four hours, but Joyce couldn’t sit around and wait any longer. She had to do something. After the call was made and the police assured her that they would look into it, she sat back down with the others. Joyce glanced up at the ceiling and prayed that her little girl was all right, wherever she was.