Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, I’m just gonna say that a lot of stuff in this story was hard for me to write. Things are about to get intense, but just know that I always make up for it. I do need to have a little angst before the good stuff starts. It wouldn’t be a good story without the drama. I know things will seem bad at first, but Spike isn't going to get rid of his real friends. He's gonna realize just how important they are to him. We all know how popularity can make you act, but it won't be that way for long. I hope you guys would still stick with me. Thanks for the reviews=)
Chapter 6

Buffy entered her house and threw her bag down on the floor. She went into the kitchen to see if her mother was around, but the person she found wasn’t who she was expecting.

“Angel?”

He turned when he noticed her and gave a big smile. “Hey, you don’t have a hug for your big brother?”

Buffy smiled as well and gave him a big hug, which he returned. She pulled away after a few seconds. “What are you doing here?”

Angel shrugged. “I decided to pay my favorite sister a visit. Is that a crime?”

Buffy slapped him playfully on the arm. “I’m your only sister.”

Angel smiled again. “I must have forgotten. How’ve you been, kid?”

“I’m not a kid. Where’s Mom?” she asked suddenly.

“Mom’s taking a nap upstairs. She told me to make sure that you do your homework.”

She rolled her eyes. “It’s the second day of school, Angel. We don’t have homework yet.”

“Well, when you do. Mom told me that you barely passed and almost had to repeat your junior year. What happened, Buffy? You used to do so well in school.”

Buffy looked away from him. “Things change, I’ll try harder this year.”

Angel nodded and hoped that she would. “So, how was your summer in LA? I wish I could have seen you more, but I had a lot of work to do.”

“Yeah, you and Dad. We hardly did anything while I was there.”

He felt bad that she didn’t have a good summer. “Sorry about that, Buff. You know how Dad can get.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest. “Yeah, but why do I have a feeling that he ditched me for more than just work? Like to spend time with that bimbo secretary of his. Harmony or whatever her name is.”

Angel shook his head. “You don’t know that.”

Buffy gave a short laugh. “I’m not stupid, Angel. He sometimes came home smelling of cheap perfume, and I caught lipstick on his cheek once. He obviously cared more about being around her than his own daughter.”

Angel didn’t know what to say to that, but didn’t have a chance.

“I’m tired; think I might take a nap before dinner. I’m really glad you’re here. Since you went away for college, we don’t get to see you much. It’s not the same around here without you annoying me,” she told him with a smile, then left the kitchen.

Angel watched her go, with a smile of his own. He really did miss his little sister.


* * * * *


A few weeks went by and Spike was becoming more popular at school. All the girls seemed to want him, and he was even making the guys jealous. He didn’t think life could possibly get any better, when he then thought about the girl that he was walking into school with. He was officially dating Cordelia Chase and still couldn’t believe it. Spike hadn’t seen Buffy and the others much because he had been spending a lot of time with his new friends. He was starting to miss them, though.

Cordelia stopped suddenly to look at him. “I have to go to the ladies room. See you in class,” she said, placing a quick kiss on his lips.

Spike couldn’t believe that just happened as he watched her walk away, even if it wasn’t their first kiss. He broke out of his thoughts when he heard a commotion coming from the distance and decided to check it out, only to see a few of his new friends bothering Willow. The same jocks that used to always torture him.

“Come on, baby. I can give it good to you. You need to get laid. It’s not like I’ve never taken a virgin before,” Eric Waters commented.

Tom Bennett, a friend of his, laughed.

They were both popular and on the football team.

“I...I need to get to class,” Willow said shakily, which only caused them to laugh harder.

Xander saw what was going on and wasn’t about to let them get away with it. “Why don’t you jerks just leave her alone? Can’t you pick on someone your own size?”

They both stopped their taunting to turn a glare on the intruder.

“This doesn’t concern you, Harris. Why don’t you go back to your mommy?”

Tom barked out another laugh as if everything his friend said was hilarious.

Xander wouldn’t back down. “She’s my friend, so it does concern me. Seriously, can’t you guys find something better to do with your time?”

Eric grew angry as he got in Xander’s face. “Yeah, how about this?” he said and pulled Xander’s pants down, revealing his smiley face underwear.

They both burst out in laughter and noticed that there seemed to be a bigger audience around them now as everyone started to laugh at the boy’s humiliation.

Xander felt embarrassed at the attention and pulled his pants up.

Eric stopped laughing when he noticed Spike standing close by. “Dude, did you see the look on his face?” he stated as he came over to Spike, putting a hand on his shoulder. “That was priceless.”

Spike looked at the faces of Willow and Xander, then back at Eric. “Yeah, that was good,” he replied, even though he wasn’t really feeling it.

Eric’s smile became even wider. “You bet it was. Let’s get out of here; these losers aren’t even worth it.”

Spike nodded and chose that moment to glance back, but this time it was to see that Buffy was now standing with Willow and Xander. She only shook her head in disappointment, then the three of them walked away. Spike sighed as he watched them go. He then let Eric lead him away, with Tom right behind them. He didn’t hear anything they were saying as they headed to their class. His thoughts were only on Buffy and how hurt she looked.