Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah, Parker’s a bastard. I needed a guy that I hated to put in here. He’ll get what’s coming to him, all I’m gonna say. I promise the Spuffy starts in the next chapter. Let’s just say that Spike learns some truths. I wouldn’t leave you guys waiting much longer. I may be evil, but I like to think I’m not that evil=)
Chapter 8

Buffy walked into Parker’s hotel room and looked around.

“Yeah, sorry it’s such a mess. This is my last night here. I figured I should make the best of it and got kinda carried away. I’ll clean up tomorrow before I check out.”

Buffy nodded and didn’t really care about the mess. She wouldn’t be staying there long, anyway. She just didn’t feel like going home.

Parker took his jacket off and threw it on a chair as he gave Buffy a smile, then trailed his fingers down her arms. “I’m glad you’re here, Buffy. I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I want my last night here to be one I’ll never forget.”

Buffy gave him a look. “What did you have in mind?” she wondered, even though she could take a guess.

His smile got even wider at that. “I think you know,” he whispered and moved closer to her, caressing her cheek. He was soon pressing his lips to hers.

Buffy found herself kissing him back. She came to her senses a few seconds later and pulled away from him. “We can’t do this.”

Parker rolled his eyes. “Why not? We were doing fine.”

Buffy shook her head. “It doesn’t feel right, Parker. I would be doing it for the wrong reasons, and I can’t go down that road with you again. What we had was good and you were there when I needed you, but it’s over now. It has to be. I’m...I’m in love with someone else,” she blurted out, even if that someone else didn’t want anything to do with her at the moment.

“It’s just sex, Buffy. It doesn’t have to be anything else,” he claimed and started to nibble on her ear.

Buffy pushed him away. “I want more than just sex. I want a real relationship for once and I know you can’t offer that, so I think I should go,” she said and headed to the door, Parker following after her.

“Okay, we don’t have to do anything. Will you at least let me take you to the Bronze tonight? It being my last night and all, that’s all I ask. You can get out of your house and hopefully forget about everything that’s bothering you.”

Buffy thought about it for a moment and nodded. “All right, that sounds good.”

He smiled. “Good, how about I pick you up in a few hours?”

“That’s fine, but it’s not a date.”

Parker held his hands up. “I wouldn’t think of it. Come on, I’ll take you home.” He grabbed his jacket and walked out of the room, with Buffy behind him.


* * * * *


They entered the Bronze later that night.

Buffy realized that she really didn’t want to be there, but tried to make the best of it.

Parker got them a table and they both sat down. He got up a few seconds later to get them drinks.

Buffy was looking out on the dance floor, when she noticed Spike dancing closely with Cordelia. She really wished he could be somewhere else right about now.

Parker came back to the table and placed the drinks down.

She grabbed him before he could sit. “Let’s dance.”

He only nodded and let her pull him out on the dance floor, not too far from Spike.

Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck, while he wrapped his around her waist.

Parker pulled her closer to him as they both moved to the music.

Buffy glanced up and noticed that Spike was staring at her, then grabbed one of Parker’s hands and placed it on her butt as she danced seductively with him.

Spike glared at them and continued dancing with Cordelia, running his hands all over her body.

Buffy noticed this and did the same with Parker.

He was grinning at Buffy’s antics, knowing that he would get laid before the night was over.

Buffy was starting to feel tired after a while as she looked and noticed that Spike and Cordelia were now making out with each other in the middle of the dance floor. She then couldn’t take anymore. “I’m thirsty; let’s go back to the table.”

Parker nodded, again letting her lead him away and back to their table.

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest once they sat down. She didn’t touch her drink and just continued to watch the other dancers. She saw Spike walk away from Cordelia after a few seconds and figured that he was heading to the bathroom. She looked at Parker. “I’ll be right back.” Buffy didn’t wait for him to respond as she got up and walked away, not noticing the almost angry expression on his face. She reached Spike before he went into the restroom. “So, I see you’re having fun.”

Spike turned to look at her when she spoke. “Yeah, I could say the same about you. Were you actually trying to make me jealous, Buffy?”

She glared at him. “Oh, like you weren’t doing the same thing. God, what happened to you? The William I knew would never act like this.”

Spike suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled her into the bathroom, noticing that it was empty. He locked the door and turned back to her. “The William you knew is dead. I like who I am now and I’m sorry that you have a problem with it. I don’t think anyone else does, especially not the girl I’m with.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Yeah, you really picked a winner there. She’s not even your type. She’s a cheerleader for crying out loud. What can you possibly see in her?”

“That’s not your concern. Why should you even care who I’m dating? If you were any real friend, you would accept her. She’s not so bad once you get to know her, and she at least seems to want to be around me right now, which is more than I can say about some people.”

Buffy had enough and shoved him into the bathroom wall. “Don’t you dare tell me that I don’t want to be around you! You’re the one that chose her over me. Why, William?” she wondered, more tears gathering in her eyes.

Spike was starting to lose his patience. “I don’t know, maybe because I finally felt wanted.”

Buffy couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “I never made you feel that?”

Spike thought about what to tell her. “This is different. This is really feeling wanted as in more than a friend. No one ever noticed me before, Buffy. I was a complete loser. I never could have gotten a girlfriend, or anyone that would love me. That’s all I’ve ever wanted. I want someone to be with, someone that could love me. Who would have ever loved me if I stayed the way I was?”

Buffy then decided that it was time to tell him the truth, no matter the outcome. “Me. I loved you, but I don’t even know who you are anymore.” She opened up the bathroom door and ran back into the club, leaving Spike to stare after her in shock.


* * * * *


She got back to the table and grabbed the drink that was in front of her, taking a long sip from it before slamming it back down. Buffy scrunched up her nose at the taste.

“I think they put too much rum in this.”

Parker smiled at how cute she was when she did that. “It’s never too much, Buffy. You just can’t handle your alcohol.”

Buffy shrugged and took another drink as she did the same thing. There was something really weird about the taste, but she couldn’t seem to care. She wanted to have fun and forget about everything. Buffy was watching the couples on the dance floor for a little while, when she suddenly started to feel really tired. She rubbed her eyes and gazed back at Parker. “I feel weird; I think that rum went straight to my head or something.”

Parker smiled wider as he finished his drink and stood up. He grabbed Buffy’s hand and pulled her up as well, then noticed that her eyes were starting to close. “Come on; let’s get you out of here,” he said, taking her drowsy self out of the Bronze.

Buffy could do nothing but let him.