Chapter 9

Parker pulled Buffy out to the alley behind the Bronze, where they would have some privacy. He had her against a wall, and saw that she was nearly unconscious.

“I didn’t want it to go this far, but you leave me no choice. I’ll be damned if I’m gonna leave here without getting laid,” he stated and started to kiss her, forcing his tongue in her mouth. He unbuttoned her blouse and saw that she was wearing a white, lace bra. Parker grinned and trailed his lips down her neck. He licked and sucked at her flesh. He didn’t want to waste time with foreplay and quickly unzipped her pants.

“Don’t,” she managed to get out in a whisper.

Parker wasn’t about to stop now. “Sorry about this, baby. I promise to make it real good for you.” He ran his fingers down her arms and was about to kiss her again, but never got the chance as he was suddenly shoved away from her.

“You won’t be touching her, mate,” Spike spat after he saw what Parker was about to do with Buffy.

Parker glared at him for interrupting. “This has nothing to do with you, man. This is between me and my girl, so why don’t you just get lost?”

Spike glared back at him and looked at Buffy, who was now on the floor since Parker wasn’t there to hold her up. He then grew angrier. “Doesn’t look like she’s enjoying herself, does it?” Spike lost all control he had left as he grabbed Parker by his jacket and got in his face. “What the hell did you to do to her?”

Parker actually felt fear now. “I didn’t do anything, just slipped her a little something to get her to relax. I was doing her a favor.”

Spike gave a harsh laugh at that. “Well, let me thank you for that,” he said, pulling back his fist and punching Parker right in the face.

He fell back and held his now injured nose.

“You’re lucky that’s all you’re getting. You better hope that she’s okay,” Spike said in a dangerous tone, then ignored Parker and went over to Buffy. He put his finger under her chin and lifted her head to get a better look at her. He saw that she was unconscious, and that her shirt was open. He felt pure rage go through him at the thought of that wanker’s hands on Buffy. He buttoned her back up and lifted her into his arms. Spike glanced at Parker one last time and held Buffy tighter. “If I see you around here again, you will regret it,” he claimed, then carried Buffy over to his car. He gently set her down inside once he got the passenger door open, then got in on the driver’s side. He really hoped that his uncle would know what to do.


* * * * *


Spike carried Buffy into his house and called for his uncle as he placed her on the couch.

Giles came down the stairs at that moment, looking just as concerned when he saw Buffy. “Good lord, what happened?”

Spike looked at him. “I’m not sure. I think this git put something in her drink. I couldn’t get much out of him. I know how she is about hospitals, so I decided to bring her here. I didn’t know what else to do. You used to be a doctor, can you help her?”

Giles could see the fear in his nephew’s eyes. He walked over to Buffy to get a closer look at her. “I think it’s best if you move her upstairs to the guest room. I’ll see what I can do.”

Spike nodded and did as he was told. He carried Buffy into the guest room and laid her down on the bed. He brushed some hair out of her face and moved out of the way when Giles came in. Spike prayed that she would be okay. He didn’t know what he would do if anything happened to her.


* * * * *


Spike was waiting downstairs for his uncle, who seemed to be taking a long time. He ran his fingers through his hair, when Giles finally walked into the living room. Spike got off of the couch and headed over to him.

“Will she be okay?” he wondered with concern.

Giles nodded. “Yes, I believe she only took a sleeping pill. It may have been more than one that was crushed into her drink and with alcohol, that could be dangerous. I’m sure she will be fine. It might be hours before she awakes, though.”

Spike felt a little relieved at what he was saying. “I’m going to sit with her. Someone should be there when she wakes up.”

Giles agreed. “That’s a good idea. I will call Joyce to let her know that Buffy’s all right.”

Spike nodded and made his way upstairs to the guest room, where Buffy was sleeping peacefully. He pulled a chair over to the bed and sat down as he watched her. He moved closer and held her hand in his, giving it a comforting squeeze. “I’m sorry about this, love. I’m sorry about everything that happened. I never should have let you walk away. I never should have let you go back to him. You know, you were making me bloody crazy when I saw you dancing with that ponce.” He caressed her cheek. “What were you even doing with him? You’re better than him. You’re better than me,” he whispered the last part, feeling even more ashamed for the way he acted. “You’ll be okay, Buffy. I’ll be right here when you decide to wake up.” Spike tried to make himself more comfortable, which wasn’t that easy in a chair. He got in a good enough position and soon drifted off to sleep, with his hand still clutching hers.