Author's Chapter Notes:
There will be an epilogue after this. I did say it was a really short story. Just something fluffy that I came up with to take a break from all the angst in the world. I guess there is a little in this chapter, but not much. Thanks for the reviews=)
Chapter 4

Buffy found William sitting on the steps outside. He looked up at her and was concerned at the look on her face. She gave him a small smile as she sat down next to him. “Is everything alright?” He asked and she took a deep breath before she spoke.

“Xander told me the truth about you. That you’re from the past.” William nodded in understanding.

“I had a feeling he would. I wanted to tell you, but I wasn’t sure how.” Buffy nodded also and looked at him with tears in her eyes.

“You have to go back. Xander asked a friend of ours to help and if anyone can find a way to send you back, it’s her.” William shook his head.

“I don’t want to go back, not anymore. I want to stay here with you.” He said as he grabbed her hand and tears were falling down her face now.

“You can’t stay here just for me, William. You have responsibilities like you told me. You have to be there for your mother. Trust me when I tell you that you’ll want to savor every moment you have with her. You never know when she won’t be there anymore. I know about you being a King. You can’t give that up.” William knew that what she said was right, but he didn’t think he would be able to let her go. He then thought of something.

“You can come with me. We can marry and you can be my Queen and rule with me. I can’t love any of those other women, Buffy. They don’t compare to you.” Buffy gave his hand a squeeze.

“You know I can’t go with you. I don’t belong there, William. I’m still in high school and I have plans to go to college. I would never be able to rule with you. That kind of life just isn’t me. I know you can find happiness. You deserve it. I know you’ll find someone to love that will be there with you through everything.” William looked at her, with tears of his own in his eyes.

“I love you.” He told her and she hugged him to her as he cried.

“I love you, too. That will never change.” She kissed the top of his head as he continued to cry softly against her chest. Buffy looked up when she noticed that they weren’t alone. She saw Willow and Tara standing there. Willow gave Buffy a smile, but inside her heart was breaking for her.

“Hey, is this a bad time?” She asked and Buffy shook her head.

“No, did you find anything?” Willow nodded.

“Yeah, we found a way.” Buffy nodded also as more tears fell down her cheeks. She hugged William closer to her.

“We’ll find each other again, my love. No matter what happens.” She whispered in his ear as she continued to hold him, afraid to let go.


* * * * *


“Are you saying all I had to do was read the same spell backwards?” Xander asked and Willow nodded.

“Yeah, if you knew more about spells you would have known that. This is why you should never mess with what you don’t understand.” She explained.

“Alright, I get it. No more spells, I’m done with this stuff.” Willow nodded again as she walked into the living room and found Buffy and William cuddled together on the couch. Willow didn’t want to disturb them, but she knew it was time.

“We’re ready guys.” Buffy looked up at her friend and then at William. She took his hand in hers as they both stood up. “We have to do it in the same place where Xander opened the first portal.” They all then headed to the cemetery and Xander showed them the spot where William came through. Willow and Tara said the spell together and the portal opened a few seconds later. They moved out of the way, except for Buffy and William. They looked at each other one more time before William enveloped her in a hug. He kissed her hair and whispered words of love in her ear. Buffy tried to keep the tears from falling, but it was a losing battle. William pulled away to look at her face. He wiped her tears away and gave her one last kiss on the lips. He rested his head on hers when he broke out of the kiss.

“I will never stop loving you.” He said to her and Buffy nodded.

“I won’t either. Good luck with everything.” William brushed the hair out of her face and kissed her one more time before he pulled away and walked over to the portal. He realized it wasn’t as strong as the first one. He looked at Buffy one more time before he took a deep breath and walked into the portal. It closed once he was inside and Buffy then couldn’t be strong anymore as she fell down and buried her head in her hands, sobs taking over her body. Xander again felt guilty as he kneeled down next to Buffy and wrapped his arms around her. She buried her face in his chest and continued to cry. Willow and Tara just watched the display, both of their hearts breaking for Buffy.


* * * * *


They left the cemetery and headed for home. Willow and Tara both hugged Buffy and then headed back to their apartment. Xander and Buffy walked into their house, neither knowing what to say. Xander didn’t know how to make his sister feel better. He blamed himself for her pain and knew that she would probably end up hating him for it. She was about to head upstairs, when she turned back to look at him. Xander was sure that she would yell at him, but she hugged him instead. Xander was confused as he hugged her back. They were both quiet, until Buffy decided to break the silence. “Thank you for bringing him into my life.” She whispered and Xander was surprised again.

“Don’t mention it.” Was all he could think of to say, when she then pulled away from him. She gave him a small smile and went upstairs. Xander watched her go and hoped that she would be okay.


London, England 1880

William found himself back at the lake and he saw that his horse was still tied to the same tree. He realized that a lot of time didn’t seem to pass there. He looked at the lake one more time before he mounted his horse and headed back to the palace. He walked inside and went to his mother’s room to find that she was still sleeping peacefully. He smiled as he watched her and turned around, only to bump into someone. “I’m terribly sorry, sir. I did not see you there.” The servant girl said as she bowed her head. William smiled at her.

“It’s quite alright. It was my fault. You don’t have to bow.” The girl then looked up at him and William’s breath caught in his throat. She reminded him so much of Buffy. With her long, blonde hair and green eyes. He wondered why he never noticed her before. “Would you like to go for a walk?” He asked her out of nowhere and the girl seemed surprised.

“I...I have more work to do.” He gave her another smile.

“You can take an hour out of your busy schedule, can’t you?” The girl returned his smile.

“I suppose I can. Thank you, sir.” William waved his hand in the air.

“Please, call me William. What was your name again?” He asked her.

“My name is Elizabeth.” He then took her hand in his and gave it a soft kiss.

“That is a very beautiful name, love.” She blushed and he kept her hand in his as they both walked out of the palace together.