Epilogue

3 months later...

Buffy was walking the streets of Sunnydale by herself at night. Xander had his girlfriend over and she didn’t want to be in the house. She wanted some time alone. Months later and William was still all she thought about. She tried to be happy and show her friends and brother that she was fine, but she wasn’t very convincing. She sighed when she got to her destination and looked out at the ocean. She then felt the tears flow down her face as she wrapped her arms around herself. She was in her own little world that she didn’t realize she wasn’t alone, until she heard the voice. “Excuse me, miss? Are you alright?” Buffy forgot to breathe when she heard the familiar voice behind her. She turned around and was face to face with a very attractive man in a long, leather duster and bleach blonde hair. She would know that face anywhere.

“William?” She wondered and the man raised his eyebrows.

“No one’s called me that in a long time. How did you know my name was William?” Buffy broke out of her reverie when he spoke. She realized that he was probably a descendent of William's and also realized that she probably seemed crazy to him right now.

“I’m sorry; you just look like someone I used to know. His name was William, too.” He nodded and accepted her answer.

“Right, well I actually go by Spike now. What’s your name, love?” Buffy gave him a smile.

“Buffy,” she replied and he smiled back.

“What kinda name is Buffy?” He asked in a teasing tone.

“Yeah, like Spike is so classy.” Spike gave her another smile. He liked this girl already. He couldn't place why she seemed so familiar though.

“Would you care to get a cup of coffee with me? Don’t think I’ll be getting any sleep tonight anyway.” He said and she nodded.

“Yeah, that sounds good.” He smiled as they walked away from the ocean.


* * * * *


They were both at the Espresso Pump about an hour later and Buffy was laughing at something Spike said. He waited until she calmed down before he spoke again. “So, why were you at the ocean at this time of night?” He asked her and she shrugged.

“Guess I just needed to get out and I’ve always loved it there.” Spike smiled at her.

“So have I. That’s why I was going there tonight when I saw you crying. What was that about anyway, pet. Boyfriend trouble?” Buffy looked away from his gaze for a moment.

“Something like that.” She replied.

“Well, whoever let you go was a bloody idiot.” Buffy looked back at him and saw how serious he was. She gave him a shy smile.

“Thank you,” she commented and he smiled back at her.

“You wanna get out of here?” He asked and she nodded as they both walked out of the Espresso Pump.


* * * * *


They found themselves standing in front of Buffy’s house a half an hour later. “Thanks for walking me home. You really didn’t have to.” She told him and he shrugged.

“I don’t like ladies walking home alone at night. You never know what kinda nasties are lurking about.” Buffy felt touched that he seemed worried about her when they just met. She could definitely see William in him. He then suddenly looked nervous as he thought about what to say. He finally found his voice after a few seconds. “I don’t usually do this, but would you like to go out with me some time? You just seem like someone I would like to get to know better.” Buffy smiled at him and took a piece of paper and pen out of her purse and wrote down her number. She handed it to him.

“Yeah, give me a call.” Spike looked at the paper and then smiled at her.

“I’ll do that. It was nice to meet you, Buffy.” He stated as he grabbed her hand and placed a soft kiss on it before he let it go. He gave her one more smile before he walked away. She watched him go and smiled also. Buffy now knew that William wasn’t gone. She really hoped he would call.

The End


I know it's not the best ending in the world, but I hope you guys liked it anyway. Thanks for reading=)