Author's Chapter Notes:
Buffy's not the Slayer in this and there are no vampires. That wouldn't really fit. Okay, this story is gonna be a lot shorter than I thought because the chapters are really short and I have to put a few together to make them longer. Well, I hope you guys would like what I came up with anyway=)
Chapter 1

Sunnydale, California 2005

William flew out of the portal and landed hard on the ground. The portal closed once he was through and he looked around at his new surroundings. It looked like he was in a cemetery, but he didn’t recognize the place. He didn’t see the lake anywhere. He was broke out of his thoughts when he heard a voice. “Wow, I can’t believe that actually worked. Hey, you okay?” William looked up at the voice to see a dark haired man standing there and he was confused by the man’s ensemble. He then realized that he must have somehow ended up in America from the clothes and the other man's accent. He let the man help him up as he dusted himself off.

“Where am I?” William asked and the man raised his eyebrows.

“You’re in California. I seriously was only messing around, man. I had no idea a portal would actually open. My name’s Xander by the way. Where did you come from?” William tried to process everything he was saying.

“I’m from London. I was by the lake when your portal opened. Do you have any idea of what you were messing with?” The other man shrugged.

“I just found that spell book at the library. I had no idea there were real spells in there. Sorry you came a long way, but at least you got a free vacation out of it. What‘s with your clothes anyway?” William looked down at himself and didn‘t know what was wrong with what he was wearing. He looked back up at the man.

“There is nothing wrong with my clothes. What are you wearing? Does everyone in America dress like that?” Xander looked at his clothes and didn’t know what was wrong either. He then realized that the mysterious stranger’s clothes looked old fashioned.

“Wait, what year are you from?” He asked and William raised his eyebrows at the odd question.

“I am from 1880, why do you ask?” He explained and this time Xander raised his eyebrows.

“Oh, man. You’re from the past? I really screwed up here. I mean I should have known with your outfit and all.” William wondered what he meant and feared the answer to his next question.

“What year is this?” He asked and Xander took a deep breath before he answered.

“It’s 2005, looks like you really came a long way.” William didn’t have a response for that as he fainted.


* * * * *


William woke up to find himself on a couch. He looked around and saw that he was in someone’s house. He rubbed his eyes when Xander came over to him. “Good, you’re awake. It wasn’t easy carrying you here. What‘s your name anyway?” He said as he handed William a glass of water. He took it and drank it all down.

“My name is William. What happened?” He wondered.

“You kinda passed out.” William thought back to what happened and then stood up.

“We are in the year 2005? This cannot be happening. How do I get back?” Xander sighed.

“That’s what I don’t know. I’ve read the book over and I’m not sure how to open another portal to send you back. I’ll find it though, it’s probably in another book or something. I’m sure I’ll have you home in no time, but until then I guess you should stay here. It would probably be best if you didn’t tell anyone about where you’re from. They probably wouldn’t believe it. I have to get you to blend in somehow.” Xander stated as he looked at William. “First, we have to do something about your clothes. No one around here dresses like that. You can wear something of mine, until we do some shopping.” William looked back at his clothes when Xander went upstairs. He came back down and handed William the clothes he picked out. “These might be a little big on you, but it’s good enough for now.” He said as he showed William to the bathroom. William came out a few minutes later wearing a baggy shirt and jeans. Xander smiled at him. “That’s much better.” He was about to say something else, when the front door opened.

“Xander, you here?” He heard a girl say.

“Yeah, I’m in the living room.” William finally looked up after fussing with his clothes to see a vision walk into the living room. She was petite and had long, blonde hair. William has never seen anything so beautiful. She smiled at Xander.

“Hey, what are you doing?” She asked when she noticed William there.

“Just hanging out. I would like you to meet a friend of mine. This is William.” He said and William gave her a shy smile. Xander then turned his attention on William. “This is my sister, Buffy.” Buffy smiled at him.

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you.” She said as she held out her hand for him to shake. He just took her hand and placed a soft kiss on it.

“The pleasure is all mine.” He replied as he let her hand go and Buffy blushed a little.

“You sure are polite. Are you really one of Xander’s friends?” Xander laughed.

“You’re just hilarious. We were kinda in the middle of something, Buffy. Don’t you have some homework to do?” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“Fine, I can take the hint.” She stated as she looked back at William. “It was really nice to meet you.” She said as she headed upstairs. William watched her go and then turned back to Xander.

“She is very lovely.” He said and Xander rolled his eyes this time.

“Yeah, sure. Anyway, you’re gonna have to sleep on the couch. Sorry, but that’s all we have.” William nodded and wasn’t really listening to what Xander was saying. His thoughts were on the enchanting girl upstairs.