Crumbled

The golden morning sun rays were just beginning to filter into the small basement windows of the house. And the birds could be heard singing their songs just outside.

Buffy began to stir as she slowly awoke. Her eyes opened slightly, still a little blurred from sleep. She wasn't quite yet aware of where she was or how she got there, she sat up on her elbows, looking around the dusty room. "Where the hell..." She began, but soon paused when she saw Spike laying next to her, still asleep. That's when it all quickly came back to her.

She recalled the fight they had over him being able to hit her, she remembered some of the comments that were thrown between them. For some reason, unknown to even herself, she grinned and even let out a small giggle at the thought of kissing him in the middle of the fight.

His sensitive hearing picked up the sound of her giggle and he sat up beside her. "Something funny, Luv?" He asked in a husky tone as he tilted his head slightly as he looked at her.

Buffy looked over at him, grin still on her face. "We're absolutely crazy. I hope you're aware, that is so not happening again ever." With each word her smile faded more into a frown as she realized in detail what she had actually done with him. It made her feel like a complete whore.

Spike had a hurt and angry look on his face, unable to believe what he was seeing and hearing. He remained silent as she stood up in search of her shirt and tried her hardest to cover her backside with her skirt, he smirked when she just gave up and tossed it on the floor. "You know what you tasted last night was like raspberry wine. When you've had a little sip you always go back for more."

"Shut up, Spike." Was all she said as she lifted up some debris, still on the hunt for her top. "I will never go back for more, that wine was bitter." She stated coldly.

He growled deep in his throat and jumped up from his position on the floor and pushed her up against a nearby wall with more force than he had intended. She winced when the back of her head smacked off of the crumbling drywall. Before she could even react and throw him off of her, his lips met hers just as forceful as he had pinned her up to the wall.

He pulled back just as she had started return the kiss. "Now, you listen here, pet, last night changed everything that ever was between us. The fine line between enemies and lovers has just crumbled to bits..." He looked up at the gaping hole in the floor "...literally in some cases."

He actually got a smile out of her from that. He then smirked at her and gazed into her green eyes with his icy blues. Her breath caught in her throat and she was at a loss for words.

"Speak to me, Luv. It'd be nice t'know you haven't gone catatonic on me." He joked, brushing a lock of hair off of her shoulder and leaning down placing a kiss on her bare skin.

"I didn't mean what I said." She spoke as he continued to kiss her shoulder gently. "The taste was exquisit." She whispered into his ear, sending a chill through his body.

Spike took her hand and sat back on the floor resting his back against the wall, pulling her into his arms. "Tell you what, if you just stay 'ere with me for a little while longer, I won't force you to ever even look at me again." He smiled at her as he spoke. "Least I can say I've had my one good day, er..night, if you will."

Buffy returned the smile sweetly and before responding, she simply looked at him for a few moments trying to figure out what she saw in him now that she didn't see a week ago, she decided it was more than likely just herself being blind and resistant to his feelings for her. "You'll have many more to come." That said, she leaned her head against his chest and closed her eyes.

Together they stayed that way for a good portion of the day. With the occasionally chit chat and kiss, in between. Deciding upon how they would continue their relationship and even laughed together at the mental image of Buffy's friends faces when she would tell them the next day.

~Walls crumble and enemies fade away, only true love can stay. [copyright: Jaimie]~


- Just a little note for those of you following my other unfinished stories, I won't be updating for a while because I have a friend staying with me for the next month and I won't be home very often. I apologize for this. -