Author's Chapter Notes:
I had this idea in my head for a while and I figured I should try and write it down. I think it turned out pretty good for a story that’s not that long. I believe it’s about 14 chapters long. I guess I’ve had shorter. I don’t really know if it’s possible to fall in love this fast, but I wanted to get things moving. I know how you guys can be impatient for your Spuffy, which is understandable. Feel free to leave me a review, so I know how I did with this. I’ll take anything=)
Prologue

He walked into the police station, with a look of pride on his face as everyone around clapped and congratulated him.

“That was awesome, Hank. You finally caught the guy after all this time.”

Hank Summers smiled at the man that spoke. He has been a police officer for twenty years and a Lieutenant for about thirteen. He couldn’t keep the smile off of his face knowing that Marcus Hamilton was finally put behind bars. The man has had too many close calls and he was finally caught. He entered his office and smiled again when he noticed the young man that was there waiting for him. “We finally got him, Spike.”

He graced the Lieutenant with a smile of his own. “You got him, Hank. I knew it was bound to happen. No one can get away from you.”

Hank felt pride again knowing that this young man practically idolized him. Spike has only been an officer for over a year, but Hank was really proud at all that he has accomplished at such a young age.


* * * * *


Hank returned home later that night, taking his hat and coat off. He could smell a wonderful fragrance coming from the kitchen and became a little suspicious.

A young, blonde girl then came out of the kitchen. She had a smile on her face once she saw him. “Daddy, you’re home. You must be exhausted after a long day of work,” she said, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the kitchen. “Take a seat; I’m sure you’re starving.”

Hank stared at his daughter, with a confused expression on his face. “You cooked? Should I be worried?”

The girl rolled her eyes. “You need to have faith in me, Dad. I can cook, I just sometimes choose not to.”

Hank wasn’t convinced and looked around, noticing that the kitchen was actually spotless. “Did you clean in here?”

She flashed him another smile. “Yep, I also did the living room.”

Hank was beyond suspicious now. “Okay, what do you want?”

She pretended to be shocked at his question. “You know, I’m really hurt. Why do I have to want something? Can’t I just do something nice for my father?”

Hank wasn’t buying it. “I know you, Buffy. You’re not one to cook or clean unless you want something.”

She sighed and sat down across from him. “Okay, I should have known you would see through that. It’s a small thing, really. I was just hoping that I could get an increase in my allowance.”

Hank raised his eyebrows at her suggestion. “May I ask what for?” he wondered.

“Well, I was shopping the other day and I saw these really cute boots. They would look so good on me, and they’re only two hundred dollars.”

Hank choked on the food he was eating.

She hit him on the back.

He started to calm down and took a deep breath. “Two hundred dollars for a pair of boots? That’s a bit much.”

Buffy shrugged. “It’s not so bad. I’m not asking for a lot here, Dad. I’ll do more chores around the house. Pretty please,” she said with her famous pout.

Hank knew he was lost. “All right, I’ll think about it. You will be pulling your grades up as well, young lady.”

Buffy nodded and gave him a hug “Thank you, Daddy. I promise I’ll make you proud.”

He smiled and kissed the top of her head. “I’m already proud. Now, get upstairs and do your homework.”

Buffy stood up and saluted her father. “Yes, sir,” she said, heading out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

Hank smiled again as he watched her go. Buffy was his whole world. She was all he had left since he lost his wife years ago in a hit and run. He knew his job could be dangerous, but he would do anything to protect his little girl.