Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone who reviewed. you guys rock!
***

Willow was helping her brother find the perfect ring for Buffy.

“How about this one?” she asked.

He looked and said, “No, she likes platinum.”

“Oh right there!” Willow pointed to the band.

“That’s perfect!” He kissed his sister’s forehead. “What would I do with out you?”

“Probably not have to spend so much money. Look at the price,”

“Not a problem!” William pulled out a credit card.

“Isn’t that dad’s?” Willow asked.

“Yeah,”

“Will! You can’t use that.”

“Oh please, he was so drunk that he didn’t even notice I took it.”

“William Hunter! You know that’s not fair.”

“Well, you know it’s true.” Willow looked down to the ground knowing William was right. “I’m sorry Willow but he’s getting worse.”

“I know.”

“You and mom will have me, Willow. I’m your brother and if you need anything, you know I’m there.” If dad won’t take responsibilities then I will.” He lifted her chin with his finger.

Willow smiled. “I don’t know what I would do without you or mom,”

“Let’s not find out. Now come on, ducks. Let’s get out of here.”

***

William arrived at Buffy’s house at exactly eight o’clock. Today was their two-month anniversary and he had planed the perfect evening for them. He took the red rose and walked up to the door. Taking a deep breath he pressed the doorbell.

Inside Buffy was taking one last look at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a black spaghetti-strap dress that went to her knees. Her hair was up in a bun with tendrils falling from each side of her face. When she heard the doorbell ring, her heart skipped a beat. She heard her mother answer the door and then heard her William.

“Hello William,” Joyce said when she answered the door.

“Hi Mrs. Summers. Is Buffy ready yet?” He asked.

“She’ll be coming down soon. Why don’t you have a seat?” Joyce let William in and led him into the living room.

“Hey Will!” Dawn smiled.

“Hey Dawnie.” Will sat next to her.

“Did you get it?” she asked.

“Yup. Wanna see?” he asked as he reached into his pocket.

“What is this ‘it’ you two are talking about?” Joyce wondered as she walked into the room.

“Well, I got Buffy a promise ring.” William pulled out a box. Inside was a silver platinum band. He showed the two women the ring.

“It’s beautiful, ” Joyce said.

“Yeah Buffy is gonna love it!” said Dawn.

“Thanks, Willow helped me pick it out. Read the inscription.” Will took the ring out and on it said ‘Forever Yours ~ Love William’

“I’m ready!” Buffy said from upstairs.

William quickly put the ring away and stood up to see Buffy coming down the stairs. They both smiled at each other.

“You look gorgeous, luv.” William said in wonderment.

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” She said as she looked at his khaki pants and blue button-up.

“Here.” He handed her the red rose.

“Thank you,”

“Are you ready?” he asked

“Yeah. Bye Mom, Dawnie.” Buffy grabbed her purse and took William’s hand.

“Have a good time you two!” Joyce said as the exited the house.

Joyce closed the door and said, “Those two were destined to be together,”

***

“So, where to now?” Buffy asked as they left the Italian restaurant.

“It’s a surprise,” William said as he opened the car door for her.

“Can’t I get a hint?” She asked.

“I don’t think so, pet,” Will said as he tied the blindfold over her eyes.

“WILL!” She shrieked.

“I want it to be a total surprise!” he explained.

***

“Okay. Are you ready?” he asked.

“Yes,” the blindfold was removed from her eyes and her eyes then widened. “Will, oh my God this is beautiful! You did this for me?”

“All for you, baby,”

They stood on a beautiful yacht. Pink, white and red heart shaped balloon were around a banner above them that read ‘Happy Anniversary, Buffy!’ A small table was set up with chocolate covered strawberries and other delicious goodies.

Buffy jumped up and down and then gave William a loving kiss. They both smiled into it.

“Come on,” he said. He made her sit in chair while he stood looking down to her.

“Buffy, ever since you moved here, I’ve been having the best time of my life. I know it’s only been two months but I can’t help to feel this way. Buffy Anne Summers, I love you.” He said and then got down on one knee.

Her eyes got wide and her breath hitched.

“I’m not asking you to marry me, well not yet.” She relaxed and smiled. He continued. “It’s true, I love you with all my heart. Which is why I want to give you this.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out the ring. “It’s a promise ring. I don’t know if you love me yet and I’m okay with that. I just want you to promise me that you will let me love you and someday you might feel the same way about me. God help me Buffy, I want to be the man that will be in this position and ask you to marry him someday. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, will you accept this promise ring?”

Buffy had tears rolling down her eyes. “Of course, William!” She said. They both stood up and kiss. The kiss was passionate and loving. They broke apart and William put the ring on her finger. Buffy read the inscription and smiled.

Green eyes met blue.

“I love you, Buffy,”

She stood silent for a moment and thought about things. A few seconds later she said it.

“I love you too, Will,”

***

Thanks for reading! This is probably gonna be the last ‘happy couple’ chapter for a long time. I’m also going to be away for the next week so I won’t be able to update. Thanks for all the reviews too!

NEXT CHAPTER: Trouble in Paradise