Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long wait. I’ve had writer’s block for these next few chapters. I hope you like!
***

Buffy was waiting for William so they could go on their date. She sat on his porch and started to daydream. She would have gone inside but Will’s father was home and as drunk as he could be. She wondered how William, Willow and their mother could handle it; being home with a drunken man almost all the time.

Buffy was snapped out of her daydream when someone touched her shoulder. She looked back and saw William with a smile on his face.

“Sorry you had to wait, pet,” he said.

“No problem, you just have to give me extra kisses tonight,” Buffy stood and gave Will a soft kiss on the lips. The kiss became more passionate but the two broke away when they heard loud, thumping music.

They looked down the street and saw a red SUV about to zoom by.

“Well, look who’s back,” William said with a shake of his head.

“Who?”

“Those popular brats I told you about. Every summer they head of somewhere. I heard it was Miami this year. They always come back a week before school starts up,”

Buffy just starred at the car as it passed them. She gulped when she saw the license plate.

‘QUEEN C’

“Buffy!” William yelled her to get her attention.

“What?”

“You okay? You seem… distracted,” he said.

“I’m fine. C’mon, lets go!”

***

William and Buffy sat at the corner booth of the restaurant waiting for their food.

“Will, this place must be really expensive. You didn’t have to take me here,” She heard that this was Sunnydale’s finest restaurant.

“Nonsense, my girl deserves everything.” He took her hand from across the table and squeezed it.

They stayed like that for a while and just smiled at each other.

“I’m gonna go to the bathroom, okay?” Buffy stood up and said.

“Yeah, sure,” William nodded.

Buffy walked into the bathroom and her heart skipped.

“BUFFY SUMMERS! IS THAT YOU?” the girl at the sink screamed.

“Cordelia!” Buffy said with a some-what fake smile.

Cordelia came over and hugged Buffy.

“Oh my God! What are you doing in Sunnydale?” Cordelia asked.

“I moved here over the summer. What about you?”

“Funny story actually. Remember when I told everyone I was moving but not where? Well, my parents decided to leave big time LA for here! How embarrassing! Me moving to Sunnydale!” Cordelia scoffed.

“Wow, that must have been hard for you.” Buffy said.

“Yeah, but I found the greatest gang. We totally rule Sunnydale High. You should join us. You know like old times. We were destined to be friends forever!”

“Well Cordy, I don’t know…”

“Oh there’s this single gut in the group! You two you be perfect together! His name is Riley!”

“Actually, I have a boyfriend. We started to date over the summer.”

“No way! What’s his name?”

“William Hunter.”

“WHAT! HUNTER! YOU AND HUNTER?”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“Buffy Summers, I am very disappointed can’t you see that he is a loser. Him and his little friends. I cannot believe… wait. I know what you’re doing. You are very slick!”

“What am I doing?” Buffy asked confused.

“You’re doing your old routine! The one you used in LA on that Scott guy! Get a guy, not worthy of you of course, to fall in love, pretend to feel the same and then use him and loose him.”

“Cordy, you…” Buffy eyes got wide.

“Don’t worry. I won’t tell a single soul. So tell me, how bad he is in bed.”

“We haven’t…”

“Well hurry up, Summers. When school starts you have to be seen with me not him!”

“Cordelia it is not a scam! I love him!” Buffy shouted.

“What?” Cordelia was shocked.

“I love him and he loves me. I love William James Hunter” Buffy repeated.

“Well then, the game does change. Buffy, now you have a choice. Break his heart and join me or I make the rest of your high school life a living hell.”

Buffy didn’t speak.

“I’m sorry, but that is how the dice is rolled. I have a reputation to live up to,”

Buffy still didn’t speak.

“Here is my number. Call me with your decision.” Cordelia gave Buffy a piece of paper and walked out of the bathroom.

Buffy watched as she walked away. She put the paper in her purse and walked out herself. She saw Cordelia with a bunch of other teenagers sitting a table. She then saw William back at her table.

She walked towards him and smiled. The food had arrived but he waited for her. ‘Just like a gentleman,’ she thought.

“Is there anything wrong, luv?” he asked as he pulled out her chair for her.

“No.” she simply answered.

“Okay then,” William’s eyebrows furrowed at her sudden change of behavior. They ate their dinner in silence.

***

Not only did they eat in silence but the drove home in silence. It was very awkward to both of them.

William walked Buffy to her door.

“I hope you had a good time,” he said.

“I did. Thanks Will.” She said as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow then?” he asked with his hands on her waist.

She nodded and then moved in to kiss him. Then stood like that for a few minutes and broke away when they needed air.

“G’night, my luv,” William said with one last peck on her lips.

“Goodnight, Will,” Buffy waved and then walked into her house and up to her room.

***

Buffy dressed into her pajamas and climbed in her bed. She began to think.

‘So, Summers what are you going to do. In LA you were the best. Everyone wanted to be you. You preyed on the weak and used guys just to humiliate them. But you weren’t happy. You didn’t even sleep with any guys because you knew it was wrong. You just lied about how bad there were in bed. You are still a virgin. Now, you want to go back to that! I love William with all my heart. I think he is the one. He makes me happy. He gave me his heart, body and soul. And a promise.’ Buffy looked down at the platinum band on her ring finger. The promise ring he gave to her.

‘What about the rest of the gang? Willow, Oz, Xander and Anya. They are like my brothers and sisters now. Am I really going to walk away from them? Ugh! How dare Cordelia Chase give me that ultimatum! I have seen the hell she can cause. I don’t want that. I’m such a coward. What am I going to do? Walk away from my friends and my true love or live in hell. I am going to hate myself for this. But I can’t go through Cordy’s torture! So here is my plan. I am going to spend this last week of summer with William and the others. It’s going to be perfect. But when school starts I'm Bitch Buffy. I have to break his heart.

***

Thanks for reading! I hope you like this chapter. Like I said it’s going to get dark! Please review. I want to see how my readers react! Special thanks to my beta Faith!

NEXT CHAPTER: Goodbye My Love 1