Chapter 3

A portal opened in the middle of the cemetery and a dark, mysterious man walked out. He had a sinister smile on his face as the portal closed behind him. He had a Slayer to find.


* * * * *


Buffy and Spike were back at the house and they decided to let Lexa stay with them, so they could find out more about why she was there. Everyone was surprised about her being from the future and Buffy still didn't know what to think. "So, you're really from the future?" She asked for the millionth time that night.

"Yes, no matter how much you say it. I'm still from the future." Buffy gave her some clothes to change into earlier and she was now wearing black leather pants, since she seemed to love leather and a white tank top. She was revealed to be 18-years-old and was very attractive, with long golden hair. Xander found himself interested in her because he was acting like he used to in high school when he was around a pretty girl. Anya didn't seem all that amused. Willow seemed interested in her also and Buffy didn't know what it was about the girl. She didn't seem all that attractive to her, even though there was something familiar about her. Buffy caught Spike staring at her a few times, but she didn't think it was because he was attracted to her. She figured he was intrigued by her being from the future and that was all. Giles was definitely intrigued by her. Lexa didn't seem to notice anyone's stares though and continued to tell them about why she was there. "His name is Lucas and he's also from the future. I know he's coming here to kill the Slayer and I'm the only one that knows how to handle him, which is why I was sent to stop him. He's a very powerful sorcerer and it won't be easy." She told them.

"Are you a witch?" Willow asked her and she shook her head.

"No, but I have done my share of magic. I've practiced a little. I know a pretty powerful witch and she helped me out a bit. I'm not as powerful as him, but I do have my ways." She stated.

"Well, your moves are pretty impressive." Buffy said and Lexa nodded and then locked eyes with Spike.

"I had a good teacher." She said as she turned her gaze away from him because it was getting too intense. Buffy saw the look and wanted to know what that was about, but she didn't say anything. She didn't know what to think about this new girl. Buffy suddenly felt very queasy as she covered her mouth and then headed for the bathroom upstairs. Spike followed after her to see if she was okay. She threw up everything she ate that day into the toilet and sat down on the floor as she waited for the room to stop spinning. He came into the bathroom and saw how pale she suddenly looked.

"Are you alright?" He asked as he helped her up.

"Yeah, must be something that's going around. I'm sure it's nothing serious." Spike wasn't sure as she washed her face and brushed her teeth. They both went back downstairs to join the others.

"Buffy, are you okay?" Dawn asked her as she sat back down.

"Yeah, probably just one of those 24 hour bugs or something." Buffy said as she looked down. Lexa looked at her and shook her head, but Buffy didn't seem to notice. Buffy then decided to get back to business and looked at Lexa. "How long are you here for?" Lexa shrugged.

"I guess until I do what I came here to do and that's to keep you alive." Buffy was about to say something else, when Lexa stopped her. "Don't tell me you can take care of yourself. You need help, whether you admit it or not." Buffy was surprised that this girl was able to read her.

"What about your parents?" Xander decided to ask her and Lexa looked sad for a second.

"My parents are dead. My mom died when I was 7 and I was raised by my dad, until I was about 15 and then he was killed. He had a pretty important job and wasn't around all that much sometimes. It was only after my mom died that he was around more. He had to take care of me on his own." Buffy felt for the girl.

"Who took care of you after he died?" Dawn asked.

"My grandfather then took me in after that, infact he's the one that sent me here. He wanted to come himself, but he knew it would be too risky. He's also kinda old, so I asked him to send me. Of course, he didn't want to at first. He probably thought I wouldn't be able to handle it, but I can be very convincing when I want to." She then looked at Spike again. "Get any visions lately?" Spike raised his eyebrows and everyone turned their gazes on him.

"You sent me that vision?" He stated a little upset and Lexa nodded.

"Yeah, I do have some power. Buffy was having a hard time with that demon and it would have probably killed her, so I sent the vision to you so you could stop it from happening. I knew I wouldn't have been able to get there in time. Hurt like a bitch too, won't be trying that one again anytime soon." Spike got up and glared at her.

"You think that hurt? I had to watch her die again. I stood there and I couldn't get to her and you made me see that." Lexa didn't even flinch at his tone, she just rolled her eyes.

"Lighten up, it was just a vision. You stopped it from happening, which is what's important." Spike was still mad.

"It may have just been a vision, but that doesn't mean it didn't feel real. It was like I was really there." Lexa walked closer to him.

"That was the idea. God, are all vampires this whiny or is it just you?" Spike looked like he was about to hit her, when Buffy stood up and got in between them.

"Let's not do this now." She said and then turned her gaze to Spike. "Spike, if she didn't show you the vision then I would be dead right now." Spike looked at her and softened a little.

"I know, I just hated seeing it." Buffy sat back down and pulled him down next to her. Lexa sat back down also and everyone else just stared at them, not sure what just happened. Lexa looked away from Buffy and Spike and smiled. It felt good teasing him again, she missed it. She then turned her gaze back to them and saw them being all cuddly on the couch and her smile faded a bit as she sighed, she really missed it.