Chapter 4

Buffy was in the bathroom again later that night throwing up. She has been having a hard time keeping stuff down. She figured everyone was sleeping, when she heard a voice behind her. "So, when are you going to tell them?" Buffy turned to see Lexa standing there.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Buffy asked and Lexa shrugged.

"I don't sleep much and you didn't answer my question." Buffy let out a sigh.

"Maybe because I don't know what you're talking about." She turned away from her and looked at her reflection, noticing how pale she was.

"When are you going to tell them that you're pregnant?" Buffy wasn't expecting that question and turned back to look at her.

"How...how did you know that?" Lexa rolled her eyes.

"I am from the future; I tend to know some stuff. I know more about you than you think." She told her.

"Did you tell anyone?" Buffy wondered and Lexa shook her head.

"It's not my place to tell anyone." She replied and Buffy sighed in relief.

"I will tell them, just waiting for the right moment. I'm still not sure how this is even possible." Buffy stated and Lexa nodded.

"Yeah, mystical pregnancies are usually like that." Buffy looked up at her.

"Mystical pregnancy?" Lexa nodded again.

"How else did you expect to get impregnated by a vampire? It's not exactly natural." She explained and Buffy nodded this time.

"How do you think Spike will take it?" Lexa shrugged as she thought about what to tell her.

"That I can't tell you, but he loves you. Anyone can see that. He'll support you no matter what, he's like that." Lexa said with a smile on her face and Buffy noticed. She once again wondered about that and this time decided to say something.

"I'm just taking a wild guess here, but do you happen to know Spike? In the future I mean, you seem like you've met before." Lexa looked like she was caught.

"I know of him. He does a lot of amazing things in the future, he's a true hero. You are too of course, but unfortunately your life doesn't last as long. That's what I'm here to change. The future is chaos without you in it. You're meant to live a lot longer and to be there for your child." Buffy noticed that Lexa seemed a little upset, but didn't say anything about it.

"Well, that's good to know." They both turned around at the voice to see Spike standing there.

"How much did you hear?" Buffy asked him.

"I heard enough." Lexa then figured that was her cue to leave.

"Right, I'm suddenly really tired. Gotta go." She said as she walked by Spike and out of the bathroom. Spike then turned back to Buffy.

"So, you're pregnant?" Buffy just nodded not sure what else to say. "I'm guessing it's mine." She couldn't believe that he would say that.

"Of course it's yours. I haven't been with anyone else. How can you even think that?" She stated a little upset and Spike shrugged.

"I don't know what to think, Buffy. Last time I checked I was a vampire and we weren't exactly able to have children." He told her.

"I don't know how this happened, but it did." Spike nodded and accepted it.

"When did you find out?" He asked her.

“I’ve only known for about a week. Who knew that the one time we slept together two months ago would have gotten me pregnant. Do you think it had anything to do with the soul? Oh god, you didn't lose it did you? I didn't even think about that." Spike put his hands on her shoulders to stop her ranting.

"I didn't lose it, pet. I'm not Angelus; you don't have to worry about that. My soul is permanent." Buffy sighed in relief and then looked at him.

"What are we going to do?" She wondered and Spike sighed also.

"We have to tell your friends and we also have to keep you alive. Now more than ever. Come on, let's get you to bed." Buffy nodded as he put his arm around her and then led her out of the bathroom.


* * * * *


A few days went by and Buffy revealed to everyone about her pregnancy. They were all surprised that she could get pregnant by a vampire and they didn't even think that Buffy and Spike were sleeping together anymore. Buffy assured them that it only happened once, but she does have feelings for Spike and she hopes that maybe more could happen with them in the future and her friends will just have to accept it. She didn't know if anything else would happen with them yet, but they were going to have a baby. Buffy still couldn't believe that it could happen to her. With her being the Slayer, she never would have imagined that she could ever have children. She knew that this baby was special and would grow up to be very important, she could feel it. Giles couldn't sleep after finding out about Buffy being pregnant. It was truly a miracle, even if Spike was the father. After doing some research, he decided to go outside to get some fresh air. He saw Lexa sitting down on the steps, with a book in her lap and tears in her eyes. "Are you alright?" He asked her and she jumped a little. "Sorry, didn't mean to frighten you." Giles said as he sat down next to her. She smiled at him and wiped her eyes as she closed her book and put it next to her.

"It's fine, I was just thinking." Giles nodded in understanding.

"About your parents?" Lexa nodded also and looked away from him.

"I didn't know my mom very well. I do remember a little and my dad told me stories about her, but I never really got to know her. I know that she was very beautiful and strong. My father loved her very much. When she died, it was like a part of him died with her. He was never the same after that, but he knew that he had to take care of me so he couldn't fall completely apart. He became very protective of me, couldn't bear to lose me like he lost her. He...He died because of me." Lexa said as the tears started to fall again.

"How was it your fault?" Giles asked her and she looked at him.

"We got into a stupid fight and I ran out. He ran after me and I was attacked by this demon. I've never seen anything like it before. The demon was coming for me, but he pushed me out of the way and the demon went after him instead. The demon's claws were poisonous and my dad got slashed pretty deep. It must have been some pretty strong poison because he died instantly. The last thing he said was that he loved me and to take care of myself. If I just didn't run out of the house, then it would have never happened. I don't even remember what we fought about, which proves how stupid it was. That's when my grandfather took me in." Lexa said as she looked at Giles and he really felt for the girl.

"I'm sorry, that must have been very difficult." He told her.

"You have no idea. I think I'll head in now, try to get some sleep." She said as she stood up and walked back into the house, without saying anything else. Giles just watched her go in and decided to stay outside for a bit more. He then noticed that she left her book and grabbed it, so he could give it back to her. He looked at the cover and realized that it was a journal. He couldn't help but think how familiar the journal seemed, like he saw it before. He opened the book and saw a picture fall out. He looked at the picture and his eyes grew big, then he saw who the journal belonged to and looked at a few of the last things that were written in it.

"Dear lord, it can't be." Giles stated as he put the picture back in the book and went back into the house. He didn't think it would be right to wake Buffy up right now, so he headed down to the basement and decided to talk to Spike because he was sure the vampire would be awake. Spike got up when he heard Giles come down the stairs.

"Where's the fire, mate?" He said when he saw the look on his face.

"You have to see this." Giles stated as he handed him the book. Spike opened it and looked at the picture inside. What he saw was a picture of him and Buffy with a little blonde girl standing between them. She looked to be about 6-years-old. He looked back up at Giles.

"What is this?" He asked.

"Isn't it obvious? That's you and Buffy with your daughter." Spike raised his eyebrows at that.

"We're having a daughter?" Giles nodded and then grabbed the book from him.

"Does this look familiar to you?" Spike then got a better look at the book.

"Yeah, it's mine. I've had it ever since I came to Sunnydale, but this one looks more worn out. Where did you get this?" Spike asked as he looked up at Giles.

"I saw Lexa with it. Spike, I believe that she is your daughter." Spike stared at him, not quite believing what he said.