Chapter 5

"Wait, are you telling me that she's our daughter from the future?" Spike wondered and Giles nodded.

"I believe so, how else would you explain it?" Spike still couldn't believe it and looked at the picture that he was still holding. He traced the image of the small child with his finger and then looked back up at Giles.

"I knew there was something that seemed familiar about her. She even looks like Buffy, I should have known." He said.

"Yes, well I don't believe any of us picked up on it. She didn't seem to want anyone to know, not yet anyway." Spike put the picture back in the book and headed for the stairs.

"I have to talk to her. Don't tell Buffy about this just yet." Spike said as he headed upstairs and out of the basement. The house was quiet, but he managed to find Lexa sitting on the couch in the dark, with her head down. He walked closer to her. "Is there something you wanna tell me, kitten?" Lexa smiled without looking up.

"You haven't called me that since I was little." She then caught what she said and looked up at him. "Oops," she replied and Spike walked closer to her and sat down on the couch.

"I already know, found this which I believe used to be mine if I'm not mistaken." Spike said as he gave her the journal back. She took it and nodded.

"You gave it to me a few years before you died. You said that I was old enough to read about everything that happened with you two. Well, mostly everything. Of course, you wrote more as the years went by." Spike sighed and looked at her.

"Why didn't you tell us who you really were?" Lexa shrugged and looked back at him.

"I don't know, guess I figured it would have been better that way. Does she know?" Spike shook his head, knowing who she was talking about.

"No, not yet. I think you should be the one to tell her." Lexa nodded in understanding.

"Yeah, I guess. I just can't believe that I get to see her again. I haven't seen her since I was 7, it's all really weird." Spike nodded also and dreaded what he asked next.

"How did she die?" Lexa looked saddened for a second before she spoke.

"She was killed, that's all I know. You wouldn't tell me much about what happened." She told him and he nodded.

"What about me?" He asked.

"You were killed by a demon, its claws were poisonous and you got slashed pretty badly. I guess that poison was even hazardous to vampires." Lexa then had tears in her eyes when she looked at him. "I'm so sorry." Spike looked at her not sure what she was sorry about.

"What for, love?" Lexa took a deep breath.

"For getting you killed. You died because you were protecting me. We had a stupid fight and I ran out and if I never did that, then you wouldn't have gotten killed. It was all my fault. God, I'm so sorry." She said as she put her head in her hands and cried. Spike put his arm around her and she then turned and rested her head on his chest as she continued to cry.

"It's alright, sweetheart. I would have done it again if I had to. At least you survived." Lexa raised her head and looked at him and he wiped a few tears off of her face. "No more tears, alright?" Lexa smiled and attacked him in a big hug.

"I love you, daddy." Spike held her and he was having a hard time keeping himself from crying, too.

"It'll take me a bit to get used to that." She laughed a little and didn't let go, until she heard someone clear their throat. They both looked up to see Giles standing there.

"Sorry to interrupt. I'm guessing everything went alright?" Spike nodded and Giles turned his gaze on Lexa. "So, you're Buffy's daughter? This is quite astonishing." Giles stated with a smile. He then wondered about something. "Lexa, I was wondering about your grandfather that you mentioned took you in." Lexa nodded and smiled at him.

"You're my grandfather, Giles. You're the one that sent me here." He took everything in and smiled again.

"Yes, definitely astonishing." Giles knew he had some research to do.


* * * * *


Buffy, Spike, and Lexa were out patrolling the next night. Buffy was excited to see Lexa in action again. Her moves just seemed so familiar to her and she liked watching the girl fight. "I really don't think you should have come." Spike told Buffy again and she rolled her eyes.

"I told you it's fine. I can patrol for a while longer, until I start to show. I can handle myself." Spike nodded.

"I know that, but you can't be too careful." Buffy sighed and Lexa smiled to herself. She stopped when she felt something and turned to look at them.

"Did you guys feel that?" She asked them and they shook their heads. A bright light then appeared before them and when the light faded away, they saw the figure of a man standing there. Lexa recognized him. "Lucas, I was wondering when you were going to show." Lucas gave the girl a twisted smile and walked closer to her.

"It's good to see you, too, Lexa." His gaze then turned to Buffy and he smiled at her. "Well, what do we have here?" He said as he walked closer to Buffy and she seemed to be hypnotized by him as he touched her face. "Buffy, you're even lovelier than I remember." Spike growled and shoved him away from her.

"Don't touch her!" He exclaimed and Lucas laughed.

"Always the protective one, aren't you?" Lucas then touched Buffy's stomach and looked into her eyes. "We'll meet again." Was the last thing he said before he vanished.

"Bastard, I so wanna kick his ass." Lexa said and Spike agreed.

"I'm with you on that one, love." Spike looked back at Buffy, who still seemed to be out of it. "You okay?" She looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah, that was just a little weird." They continued walking in the cemetery for a little while longer, when they were suddenly attacked by a group of vampires. Lexa and Spike were handling two at a time, while Buffy was dealing with one. She figured less was better. She staked him after a few seconds and turned to watch Spike and Lexa. They fought almost identical and Buffy was amazed as she watched them. They didn't seem like they needed help. They both staked one vampire at the same time and then went to the other one they were fighting. Lexa got to hers first and noticed that Spike dropped his stake and she saw that he couldn't get to it.

"Dad!" She yelled without even thinking about it and Spike turned to look at her. She then threw him her stake. He grabbed it and plunged it into the vampire's heart. Buffy's eyes grew big when she heard what Lexa called him. She wanted to know what that was about. She was just staring at them when they walked back over to her.

"What's going on here?" She asked them. "You called him, dad." Spike looked at Lexa and then back at Buffy.

"Right, there's something that you need to know." Spike started to say and Lexa then jumped in.

"I haven't been completely honest with you. I guess there's no easy way to say this, but I'm your daughter." Buffy didn't know what to say as Lexa continued. "Lucas and I go way back, it's safe to say that he doesn't really want me around. I guess I'm supposed to be someone important when I get older or something. He came back here to kill you while you're pregnant with me, so I wouldn't exist anymore and that's why I was sent back here to stop him." Buffy still seemed surprised.

"So, you're our daughter from the future?" Lexa nodded and waited for Buffy to continue. Buffy then smiled and touched her daughter's hair like she used to with Dawn. "I should have known." She said.

"How would you have known?" Spike asked her and she smiled at him.

"She has your eyes." She told him as tears were forming in her eyes. Spike put his arm around her and pulled her closer to him, so her head was resting on his chest. He then put his other arm around Lexa and held her, too. Lexa smiled as she leaned into him, she was just happy that she got to be with her parents again.