Chapter 7

Buffy found Spike and Lexa sparring in the basement the next day. She couldn't help smiling as she watched them. Lexa seemed to fight just like him. They stopped when they noticed her standing there. "Sorry to intrude, you guys are doing great." Buffy told them and they smiled at her.

"I'm just trying to keep up. I remember a lot of the moves that he taught me." Spike looked at both girls and headed for the stairs. He decided to let them talk.

"I guess I'll head up now. I'm a bit peckish." He said as he walked by Buffy and placed a kiss on her forehead before he went up the stairs. Buffy then turned back to look at Lexa. She walked over to her and brushed a piece of hair out of her face.

"I'm very proud of you. You grew up to be a very strong, beautiful woman." Buffy told her and Lexa had tears forming in her eyes. She then hugged Buffy like there was no tomorrow.

"I miss you so much. You weren't supposed to die, it wasn't fair." Lexa said.

"It never is, sweetie. Maybe things will be better now." She said as she pulled away and looked at her. She then touched her stomach. "I won't leave you, not this time." Lexa smiled and then hugged her again. "We'll find this guy and stop him, everything will be okay." Spike was standing at the top of the stairs listening to them. He sighed and headed out the back door. He needed to go for a walk and maybe kill something in the process.


* * * * *


Spike was out walking in the cemetery about an hour later, when he suddenly felt that he wasn’t alone. He was then knocked to the ground and looked up to see Lucas standing over him. "It's good to see you again, Spike. Where's your better half?" Spike glared at him as he stood up.

"Stay away from her." He spat and Lucas laughed.

"Is that the best you can do? You really think I'm afraid of you? I got rid of her once, I can do it again." Spike wasn't sure what he was talking about.

"What do you mean?" Lucas gave a sinister smile.

"I suppose Lexa didn't tell you who was responsible for her mother's death, but I guess being a child at the time she wouldn't know. You knew though and I guess you never told the girl. It was such a pity. You tried to save her, but you just weren't fast enough." Spike then knew what he was talking about.

"It was you? You're the one that killed Buffy." Lucas clapped his hands together and smiled.

"He finally gets it. I wanted you to suffer, so I took away the one thing that meant everything to you. I wanted to take away your daughter also after that, but you didn't let that happen. You kept moving her around in hopes that I wouldn't get to her and then that damn witch put that magical shield around her. I may not have gotten to her then, but I will now. I killed Buffy once, it shouldn't be so hard to do it again. But this time I would be getting rid of your little brat, too." He said as his smile grew bigger. "Of course, there are other things that I wouldn't mind doing to her if you get my meaning." Spike growled and grabbed him by the neck.

"You stay the hell away from them." Lucas began laughing and Spike was knocked down to the ground again. He looked up to see that he was surrounded by three huge demons that seemed to appear out of nowhere.

"This should be fun, too bad I can't stay and watch. See you later." Lucas said before he vanished and the demons then attacked Spike.


* * * * *


It was late and everyone was up because no one could seem to get any sleep. Buffy was up waiting for Spike. She was in the kitchen, while everyone else was in the living room. He left hours ago and she was starting to get worried. The back door then opened and a bloodied and bruised Spike walked in. Buffy saw him and went to his side. "What happened? Are you okay?" She asked as she put her arm around him.

"Yeah, it's not as bad as it looks. You should see the other guys." He said trying to be funny. Buffy helped him into the living room and everyone looked up at them.

"Spike, what happened to you?" Dawn asked him a little worried about his appearance. Buffy helped Spike onto the couch and he looked at Dawn.

"Just a few demons, nothing I couldn't handle." They all looked at him and he rolled his eyes. "Alright, I only managed to get a few punches in and then I ran. Nasty buggers, I ran into Lucas before that and we had a little chat. I'm guessing the demons were his doing." Lexa seemed worried when he said that he saw Lucas.

"What did you talk about?" She asked and he looked at her.

"You won't like it." He told her and Lexa wouldn't have it.

"I can take whatever it was." Spike sighed before he spoke again.

"He said that he was the one that killed Buffy in the future. You were only a child then, so you didn't know. I guess I didn't want you to know either, that's why I never told you. He also seems very determined to kill Buffy again, and you." He explained and no one knew what to say. Lexa then looked like she was about to cry, but she didn't let that happen. Instead she found herself getting angry.

"That son of a bitch, now I have an even bigger reason to kill him." She stated with venom in her voice.

"He's pretty strong, it's not something you can do yourself." Spike told her and she turned to look at him.

"The hell I can't. That bastard stole my childhood from me. I'm going to rip his damn head off." Lexa said and everyone was surprised by her outburst.

"Well, like mother like daughter." Spike replied.

"I'm sorry, but I just can't think about this right now. I'm going to try and get some sleep." Lexa said before she headed up the stairs. They all sat in silence for a few seconds after she left and Giles then shook his head.

"Poor girl, perhaps someone should check on her." He said as he looked at everyone.

"Yeah, I'll do it." Willow said as she headed up the stairs also. She came back down a little bit later, with a worried expression on her face. "Lexa's gone. She went out your window, Buffy." Willow told them.

"I guess Spike was right, like mother like daughter." Xander said and they all didn't know what to do. They had to find her before something really bad happened.