Chapter 8

"I have to go look for her." Buffy said as she got up and Spike got up after her.

"I'll go; you shouldn't go out there in your condition." Buffy turned to look at him, with her hands on her hips.

"My condition? I'm only two months pregnant. I can handle it; you can barely stand up right now." She told him.

"This is nothing, besides you're the one that Lucas is after. It's not safe out there, Buffy." Buffy rolled her eyes.

"It never is and I'm not afraid of Lucas. I want him to show up, so I can get this over with. I'm going to look for my daughter. You can come if you want, but there's no way I'm staying here." She claimed as she headed to the door, only to be stopped again by Spike.

“I really think you should let me handle this one alone, Buffy.” Buffy then turned around to glare at him.

“You see this look, you know what it means.” She said as she pointed to her face and Spike rolled his eyes this time.

“Your resolve face doesn’t work on me, love. Now I’m going without you, end of discussion.” Spike thought she was going to get angry and argue more with him, but instead she pouted and gave him the puppy dog look and Spike knew he was in trouble. “Oh, no you don’t. You will not give me that look; I’m not falling for it again.” He said as he looked away from her, telling himself that it wasn’t going to work. He then sighed and looked back to see that she still had that look on her face. “Oh, bloody hell. Alright, you can go. I hate it when you pull that with me, you know I can’t resist it.” Buffy smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

“I know, that’s why I do it. It's so much fun to have you wrapped around my little finger.” She told him as she held her pinky finger up and Spike glared at her.

“You are one step away, missy.” He said trying to be intimidating, but Buffy just smiled at him and looked at Giles as she thought of something from their past.

“Giles, help! He’s gonna scold me.” Buffy then burst out laughing when she saw the look on Spike’s face as he remembered the spell from a few years ago. Giles only took his glasses off to clean them and then put them back on. Spike then laughed also and shook his head.

“You’re lucky I love you, Slayer.” Buffy then gave him a genuine smile.

“Love you, too.” She said as she blew him a kiss and walked out of the front door. Spike looked surprised as he followed after her; everyone else just watched them go.


* * * * *


They went to the nearest cemetery first and after looking around for a bit, they finally found Lexa sitting in front of a grave. They walked closer to her, without saying anything and Buffy noticed that the grave she was looking at was Joyce's. Lexa knew they were there and spoke, without even looking up. "I wish I could have known her." She said and Buffy kneeled down beside her.

"She would have loved you." Lexa looked at her, with tears in her eyes.

"Please don't leave me, mom. I don't want to go back to a future without you in it. I need you, it's not fair." Buffy wrapped her arms around Lexa and hugged her as the girl cried. Spike just watched both of his girls, not sure what to do.

"It'll be okay, honey. I'm not going anywhere." Lexa stopped crying and wiped her eyes when she pulled away.

"I'm sorry I ran off. It seems I'm still doing that." Buffy smiled at her and brushed a strand of hair out of her daughter's face.

"We've all done it." Buffy stood up and helped Lexa up also. Buffy then looked over at Spike, remembering that he was there and she noticed tears in his eyes also. "Spike, are you crying?" Spike felt the wetness on his cheeks that he didn't even know was there. He then rubbed his eye.

"No, must have something in my eye." He told them and Buffy smiled at him, not falling for it.

"Aww, was the Big Bad getting all nostalgic over the mother, daughter bonding moment? That's so cute." Spike glared at her.

"You take that back, Slayer." Buffy walked closer to him.

"What are you going to do if I don't, bite me?" Spike grabbed her around the waist and pulled her closer to him.

"I just might." He said before he bit into her neck, with blunt teeth only.

"Is that the best you got?" Buffy said still teasing him; he then gave her his trademark smirk.

"Not exactly." He stated as he started to tickle her. He knew how ticklish she was.

"Spike, quit it! That's not fair!" Buffy said while laughing. He then stopped tickling her and she stood up straight.

"I have something better in mind." He bent down a little to kiss her on the lips. She was surprised at first, but then started to kiss him back. They were like that for a few seconds, until they realized that they weren't alone.

"Oh, gross. You two so need to get a room. Scar the teenager for life, why don't you?" Lexa said after witnessing the whole display. They pulled away and looked at her. Spike smiled at his daughter as he walked closer to her.

"I wonder if you're ticklish." He said and she had a scared look on her face.

"You wouldn't dare." She told him as she backed away a little.

"Oh, I think I would." Spike grabbed her and started tickling her, just like he did Buffy. She started to laugh hysterically.

"Dad, stop it! I can't breathe!" Spike stopped and looked at her. She then smiled and took off running in the other direction. "You're gonna have to catch me. Let's see if you're fast in your old age." Spike growled and ran after her. Buffy watched them go for a second, with a smile on her face. She then took off after them. They didn't see the dark figure watching them in the distance, with a twisted smirk on his face.

"Your time will come, girl." Lucas said to himself before he then followed after them.