Chapter 9

Buffy, Spike, and Lexa were still walking through the cemetery heading for home. They were walking in silence, when Buffy stopped suddenly. She touched her stomach and hoped that nothing was wrong. Spike looked at her. "You okay, love?" Buffy felt better and nodded.

"Yeah, just felt a pain for a second there. I'm sure it was nothing, think it's a bit too early for the baby to be kicking." Spike nodded even though he was worried. He took her hand and they continued to walk. Lexa wouldn't say anything, but she was worried also. They were walking for a few minutes, when Buffy felt it again. She pulled away from Spike and clutched her stomach. "Okay, something really doesn't feel right." She told them.

"What does it feel like?" Spike asked her hoping they could figure out what was wrong. She looked up at him.

"It feels like someone is kicking me. God, it hurts." She said as she felt the pain again.

"Come on, we have to get you to the hospital." Spike said as he reached for Buffy's hand again.

"That won't be necessary." They turned at the voice to see Lucas standing there. "It'll only hurt for a second." He said as he aimed his hand toward Buffy and a huge pain went through her stomach. She yelled and clutched at it again. Spike got mad when he realized he was behind it.

"What are you doing to her?" Lucas smiled and walked closer to them.

"Whatever I want. The child will die." He said as he looked at Lexa and then back at Spike. "Along with your little girlfriend." His eyes then turned back on the Slayer. "It's such a pity, Buffy. We could have been great together, but you had to choose him. That was your first mistake." Lucas aimed his hand toward her again and she yelled as the pain got even worse. It was too much for her that she fell to the ground. Lexa clutched her stomach also; she felt the pain that time and knew that wasn't a good sign. Spike wasn't going to stand there and let his girls get hurt. He growled and attacked Lucas, knocking him to the ground. He was punching him repeatedly.

"If anything happens to them, you will regret it." Spike stated as he continued to punch him. Lexa was at Buffy's side as she continued to watch Spike. She missed watching him fight. She saw Lucas kick Spike off of him and start kicking him, while he was on the ground. She was watching them fight, when Lucas then pulled out a stake and knocked Spike back to the ground with the stake pointing to his heart.

"I think I'll do this the old fashioned way." Lexa saw that he was about to plunge the stake into Spike's heart and she knew that she had to do something. She ran toward them and jumped on his back, causing him to drop the stake. Lucas grabbed her and threw her off of him. "You stupid bitch, stay out of this!" Spike got mad at that and stood up, punching Lucas in the jaw.

"Don't you ever talk to my daughter like that again." He continued to punch him, when Lucas grabbed his arm and twisted it. He then lifted Spike off of the ground, with one hand and threw him into a nearby tombstone. Lexa saw what happened and noticed that Spike wasn't getting up. She looked back at Lucas and he had a smile on his face.

"It's time to end this." He said as he walked over to Buffy, who was still on the ground. Lexa didn't know what to do as she looked back at Spike.

"Dad, get up!" She exclaimed, but it was no use. She then remembered something and checked her pocket to make sure it was still there. She pulled out the knife and she smiled. "Good thing for big pockets." She looked back at Spike. "Thanks for the knife, dad. I knew it would come in handy someday." She put the knife back in her pocket as she got up and headed for Lucas and he was too interested in Buffy that he didn't notice her behind him. Lexa saw that Buffy's stomach was surrounded by this red glow. She didn't know what he was doing, but she knew it wasn't something good. She took a deep breath and kicked Lucas, causing him to lose concentration. He turned around to glare at her.

"You are nothing but trouble, girl. I think it was about time I got rid of you. It looks like your beloved shield can’t protect you in this time." He said as he grabbed her by the neck and she didn't even flinch. "It's such a shame too; you could have been my daughter. We could have ruled this world, but you didn’t let that happen. I'll show you how much of a mistake that was." He said as he tried to choke her. Her vision was blurred and she was getting dizzy, when Lucas suddenly dropped her. She looked up to see Spike there and saw that he hit Lucas with a huge rock. She was relieved to see him, when he grabbed Lucas and stood him up. Lexa saw that he was waking up pretty fast. She figured nothing would knock him out for long. Spike kept his hold on Lucas as he looked at Lexa.

"Do what you have to." He told her and Lexa nodded as she pulled out her knife and walked closer to Lucas. He glared at her.

"You don't have the guts." He spat at her and she gave him a smile.

"Guess you don't know me very well." She then plunged the knife into his cold heart. He screamed as he fell to the ground and then disintegrated into nothing. “That was for my mother.” Lexa said as she put her knife away and looked at Spike. "See, piece of cake." He smiled back at her and then remembered Buffy, who was still lying on the ground. He went to her side and saw that she was still unconscious.

"We have to get her to the hospital, make sure everything's okay." He said as he picked her up, luckily the hospital wasn't far away. He turned back to Lexa. "Go back to the house and tell the others what happened and tell them to meet us there." Lexa nodded and headed out of the cemetery. "Be careful!" He yelled to her and she turned and looked at him, with a smile on her face.

"Always," she replied as she continued to walk away. Spike looked at the girl in his arms and then headed for the hospital.