Chapter 2

Buffy and Spike were out patrolling together the next night. Buffy looked at him and saw how upset he still seemed to be. "You didn't have to come with me." She said and he looked back at her.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight." Buffy didn't know what to say to that as they continued walking to the familiar demon bar. She wanted to know what was coming and figured that Willy might know something about a new evil in Sunnydale. They walked inside and all the demons turned to look at them. Some recognized them and decided to take off before they could get killed. Buffy walked over to Willy and he looked up at her.

"Slayer, it's been a while." He told her and she gave him a fake smile.

"Yeah, I'm sure you missed me. I wanna know if you know of anything that I don't. See anything strange the last few nights, Willy?" Willy gulped at the look she was giving him.

"That depends, you gonna hit me if I don't talk?" Buffy smiled at him and Spike just looked around the bar and decided to let her handle it.

"You know me so well. Now, what do you know?" Willy sighed and leaned in closer to her.

"I don't know much, but there was someone in here last night asking about you." That got Spike's attention and he turned back to look at the scared bartender.

"Who was it?" He asked before Buffy got the chance to and Willy then turned his gaze on him.

"Don't know, guessing some demon that's gunning for the Slayer. There was nothing human sounding about that voice." Buffy looked around and then back at Willy.

"What did they look like?" She asked and Willy shook his head.

"Don't know that either. From what I could tell, it looked like some demon biker. Wearing a lot of leather and a motorcycle helmet, so I couldn't make out the face. I only heard their voice. Said his name was Lex or something like that. That's all I know." Buffy nodded and then headed out of the bar, with Spike right behind her. They continued to the cemetery to patrol and look for anyone that resembled the description that Willy gave them. They were walking for what seemed like forever, when they were suddenly jumped by these vampires. Buffy saw that there were three of them. She took the two closer to her, while Spike handled the other one. She pulled out her stake and plunged it into the vampire's heart that was to her right, without even breaking a sweat. She knew she was only dealing with fledglings after all. Buffy was about to do the same to the one on her left, when he knocked the stake out of her hand and grabbed her by the neck. Then out of nowhere came a motorcycle. The biker crashed into the vampire and knocked him to the ground, causing him to let go of Buffy. Spike staked the vampire he was fighting and looked up at the biker that suddenly showed up. Lex got off the bike and then grabbed Buffy's stake that was on the ground and fought the vampire. Buffy didn't know what to think, but was amazed at the biker's skills. He almost fought as well as her. The biker finally plunged the stake into the vampire's heart and brushed some of the dust off of the leather. The biker then turned and looked at Buffy. Buffy was surprised at what happened and crossed her arms over her chest.

"So, I hear you've been looking for me. Thanks for the help, but we could have handled it." The biker gave a sinister laugh and it made Buffy's skin crawl.

"You sure about that?" Buffy glared at the demon before her.

"Who are you and why were you asking for me?" She wondered and the biker only shrugged.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Buffy wasn't amused at this point. She was just tired and annoyed.

"Well, that would be why I asked. You could at least take off the helmet, so I can see the demon that I'm about to fight." The biker shrugged again.

"I usually wouldn't, but for you I'll make an exception. It's getting hot in here anyway." Lex then grabbed the helmet and took it off. Buffy was more surprised now to see that it wasn't a demon, but a girl. She had long, blonde hair that she was shaking out when she took her helmet off. "That's much better." Her voice sounded more human also. Spike walked closer to Buffy and couldn't take his eyes off of the girl either. Something about her seemed familiar. "I could really use a shower right about now." She told them.

"You don’t look like a demon." Buffy said and the girl rolled her eyes.

"Nothing gets by you. Nope, I'm pretty much human. These things really come in handy." She said as she raised the helmet. "Disguises the voice, so I can sound like anything I want. Pretty cool, isn't it?" Buffy still didn't know what to think and just glared at her.

"I've never seen those before." She replied and the girl looked at her again.

"No, you wouldn't. Not yet anyway." Buffy then decided to get to the point.

"Willy said you were looking for me. He said your name was Lex." Buffy stated.

"It's Lexa actually, and so what if I was looking for you? That doesn't mean that I'm evil." Lexa turned her gaze to Spike and then back to Buffy. "Does he talk?" Buffy nodded.

"Sometimes you can hardly shut him up. This is Spike." Lexa smiled as she looked at Spike.

"Yeah, I know who he is. Just like I know who you are." Buffy didn't know what to think about that and Spike finally found his voice after being quiet the whole time.

"How do you know us? Who are you?" He asked and Lexa seemed to lose her smile.

"It's a long story; let's just say that I'm here to help you." She explained to them.

"Help us with what?" Buffy wondered and Lexa took a deep breath before she spoke again.

"Someone is coming. I'm not sure when they would arrive, but I know they're coming to kill the Slayer and I was sent here to stop that from happening." Buffy seemed even more confused and didn't know what to say, but Spike spoke for her.

"Sent here from where?" He asked and Lexa turned her gaze back on him.

"I was sent here from the future. The year 2021 to be exact." She told them, with the smile back on her face. Buffy and Spike looked at each other, neither knowing what to say after that.