Chapter 13

A few weeks went by and things were finally going well in Buffy’s life. She had an amazing boyfriend and her parents were actually supportive of the relationship.

They realized that they haven’t seen Buffy happy in a long time and they wouldn’t want to do anything to ruin that.

Hank was a changed man after he came out of the hospital. His near death experience caused him to look at life differently.

Buffy couldn’t be happier about the change, but not everything was perfect. She would soon be going back to school and wasn’t as thrilled about it as she was at the beginning of the summer. She knew that Spike would be going back to England in a few days and she tried not to look upset whenever she was around him. He had to give the apartment up that he was renting and Buffy was helping him pack some stuff. “Did anyone ever tell you that you have a lot of crap?”

Spike glared at her. “You’ll pay for that, Summers,” he said, chasing Buffy into the bedroom. He grabbed her and threw her on the bed. He then started to tickle her because he knew that was her weakness.

She laughed and tried to push his hands away, but he was stronger than her.

“Say I have nice stuff.”

Buffy tried to control herself long enough to talk. “Okay, you have nice stuff.”

Spike pulled his hands away and gave her a smile. “Good girl,” he responded and planted a kiss on her lips, then jumped off of the bed.

“You’re so evil,” she said with a pout.

“You better believe it, baby,” he responded, moving back into the living room.

Buffy let out a sigh and went to join him. She would really miss being with him everyday.

Spike sensed the change in her mood and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer to him. “What’s wrong, sweetheart?”

She shook her head. “It’s nothing, I’m just gonna miss you.”

Spike smiled and kissed her on the nose. “Well, you don’t have to. There’s something I didn’t tell you. I guess now would be a good time.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows. “What did you do?”

Spike’s smile became even bigger. “I grew up in England and I’ve spent a lot of time there. I think a change is exactly what I need.”

Buffy still didn’t know what he was getting at.

He decided to clarify for her. “I talked it over with my mother and she agrees with me.” He grasped Buffy’s hand and gave it a squeeze, looking into her eyes before he spoke again. “I’ve decided to move here, Buffy. I bought a house about a few blocks away.”

Buffy couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “Are you serious? You’re really moving here?” she wondered with excitement in her voice.

Spike nodded. “I can’t be away from you, Buffy. What we have means everything to me and it’s not something that I’ve ever felt before. I couldn’t imagine being so far away from you.”

Buffy felt tears in her eyes and wrapped her arms around him.

He hugged her in return, kissing the top of her head.

“I can’t believe you’re doing this.”

Spike held her tighter. “I love you, Buffy.”

She pulled away to look at him. “I love you, too.” She then wondered about something else. “Won’t your mom need your help?”

Spike shook his head. “She has someone around that will be able to help her. She practically told me that I needed to do this. It’s about time I got out on my own, anyway. You made quite the impression on her. I think she’s already starting to see you as a daughter.”

Buffy blushed a little and knew that it was way too soon for them to think about marriage, but she couldn’t imagine herself being married to anyone else. “Well, we can always go back to visit. I loved it up there. Maybe a few years from now we can move there together. I really don’t see myself staying in Sunnydale past college.”

“We’ll do whatever you want.”

Buffy smiled. “I could really get used to this.” She gave him another hug and rested her head against his chest. She still couldn’t believe everything that happened to her the last few months. It was definitely a summer that she will never forget.


* * * * *


Spike rolled off of Buffy and wrapped his arms around her.

She was breathing hard and laid her head on his chest. “That was amazing,” she said, trying to catch her breath.

They were lying in Spike’s room at his new house. There were boxes that still needed to be dealt with, but they had more important things to do first.

“Amazing doesn’t even begin to cover it. It’s hard to imagine that you were a virgin when I met you.”

Buffy slapped him lightly on the arm. “I happen to be a fast learner.”

Spike smiled and placed a kiss on the top of her sweaty head. “Of course you are, love. Are you tired yet?”

Buffy looked up at him. “You’re not seriously thinking about going again? I’m not a machine, Spike.”

He laughed and buried his face in her neck. “I wasn’t suggesting that. I was just wondering if you’re ready to sleep. We have more unpacking to do tomorrow.”

Buffy groaned and made herself more comfortable, with her head back on his chest. “Yeah, sleep is definitely of the good right about now.” She let out a yawn to prove her point.

Spike pulled her closer and watched as she started to doze off. He smiled at his angel and couldn’t believe that she was really his. It still felt like everything was a dream. He made himself more comfortable as well and thought about everything that has changed. Buffy was his whole world now and he wouldn’t have it any other way. He couldn’t wait to share his life with her. He let a smile form on his face and finally drifted off to sleep, with thoughts of what the future held in his head.

It would definitely be an incredible journey.

The End


I’m sure you guys weren’t expecting it to end already, but that’s all I have. I did say it wasn’t a long story and I’m working on two others right now that I would like to finish. Thanks to those that reviewed. I really appreciated all of the comments=)