Chapter 8

Buffy knocked on Spike’s door.

He appeared after a few seconds.

She didn’t hesitate before throwing her arms around him.

Spike did the same and held her tighter, pulling her into the apartment. He closed the door and moved over to the couch. He sat down and placed her onto his lap. He heard that she was crying and rubbed her back to give her comfort.

They were like that for a little while, until Buffy started to calm down.

She pulled away to look at him, wiping her eyes of the tears. She couldn’t remember ever crying so much before.

“How’s my girl doing?”

That got a small smile from her. “She’s been better.”

Spike pressed his lips to hers. “What happened, sweetheart?”

Buffy took a deep breath. “I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to get out of there. He was talking about sending me to boarding school in two weeks.”

An angry expression formed on Spike’s face. “He can’t send you away.”

Buffy let out a sigh. “I don’t know what to do. I know my father, Spike. He doesn’t give up when he sets his mind on something. Please, don’t let him do it. Don’t let him take me away.” She hugged him again, burying her face against his chest.

Spike wrapped his arms tighter around her, kissing the top of her head. “No one is going to take you away from me, Buffy. I’ll see to that. I don’t care if he is your father.”

Buffy shook her head. “He’s not much of a father. He hasn’t been for a long time.” She pulled away to look at him. “What are we going to do?”

Spike suddenly had an idea. “There’s something I have to tell you, love.”

She nodded and waited for him to continue.

“I have to go back to England in a few days. I know I was supposed to be here longer, but my mum suddenly came down with something. I told her I would go back home to help out.”

Buffy didn’t know how him leaving was supposed to help her.

Spike grabbed her hand and gave it a firm squeeze, gazing into her eyes. “I want you to come with me, Buffy. We can leave here and start a new life together. There’s no one that would be able to stop us.”

She wasn’t expecting that.

He spoke again before she got a chance to. “We can leave tomorrow night. I can take you back to your house fast, so you can get whatever else you would need. If they see us, there’s nothing they can do. You’re a legal adult now, they can’t stop you. What do you say?” he wondered, hoping that she would agree to it.

Buffy spoke up after a few seconds of silence. “You really want me to go with you?” she said in a soft tone.

Spike nodded and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. “I love you, Buffy. I can’t imagine my life without you in it. There’s no way I would leave here without you.”

Buffy could tell how sincere he was. She still couldn’t believe that any of this was happening to her. She knew that she already had an answer. “Take me away, Spike.”

He smiled and wrapped his arms around her, giving her a longer kiss on the lips. He pulled her closer and held her tight. “Things will be better now, Buffy. I promise you.”

Buffy nodded and continued to hold him. “I know,” she whispered, knowing that everything was about to change. She couldn’t be happier about that.


* * * * *


Buffy woke up the next day to find Spike staring at her. She gave him a soft smile.

“Good morning,” she said.

He smiled as well. “It’s definitely a good morning,” he replied, giving her a peck on the lips. “So, we have the whole day to ourselves until we leave tonight. Anything you want to do?”

Buffy shrugged. “I don’t know. I’m still kinda sore right now. I think you broke me last night.”

Spike laughed when he thought back to their night of making love. “Sorry about that, baby. I tend to get carried away sometimes, especially when I’m with you.” He kissed her nose.

“I’m definitely not complaining.”

He moved back on top of her. “I have a feeling we won’t be leaving this bed any time soon,” he told her, wagging his eyebrows.

She silently agreed.

They then got back to their lovemaking.


* * * * *


Buffy walked into the living room after having a nice shower. She found Spike talking on the phone and he hung up when he noticed her.

“That was my mum. I told her that I would be bringing you with me. I already mentioned you before and she’s excited to meet you.”

Buffy suddenly felt nervous at the thought of meeting his mother. “I just hope she’ll like me.”

Spike smiled at her. “Are you kidding? She’s going to love you. She hated the other girls I was with and you’re not like them. You have nothing to worry about.”

Buffy felt better and then wondered about how many other girlfriends there were, but she didn’t say anything about it. She was his girlfriend now and that was all that mattered. She then used his phone to call her friends and let them know that she would be leaving. They all understood, but it was harder for Willow. They basically grew up together and never spent a lot of time apart, but Willow knew that Buffy would never get to live her own life if she stayed. She had tears coming down her face when she ended the call.

Spike pulled her into his embrace. He knew this would be hard for her, but it was their only chance to be together. He just hoped that they would be able to come back someday, without any problems.