Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter, hope you like it!

I don't own the characters.

Thanks to Nichole for all her help!
6 Prophecies


The sunlight that was shining through the window woke Buffy. For a second she didn’t know where she was, but then the events of the previous night came back, and she smiled to herself. She turned in the bed, realizing that she was alone in it. For a moment, fear hit her as the thought ‘What if it was just a dream?’ went through her mind. But then she heard Tara laughing outside the open bedroom door, and the sound of the TV in the background. She quickly got out off the bed and pulled some clothes on before leaving the room.

In the doorway she stopped for a while, enjoying the scene in front of her. Spike was half lying on the couch with Tara in his lap, watching some children’s show. They were both completely wrapped up in what was going on in the TV and didn’t notice her.

“Morning.” Two identical pairs of blue eyes looked up at her.

“Mommy mommy!” Tara announced, excitedly bouncing up and down.

“Hi baby. You having fun watching the TV?” Buffy made her way across the room and sat down on the couch. Tara nodded before turning her attention back to the TV, allowing Buffy to focus on the third person in the room.

“Morning, Sleeping Beauty.” Spike smirked a little at her. “Thought you’d never wake up.”

“It’s only...” Buffy looked at her watch. “Ten thirty.” She said acting offended. “You could have woken me if you wanted to.”

“No, thought I’d let you sleep. Plus, we were enjoying a little quality time, one on one.” He ran an affectionate hand through Tara’s hair. “Just enjoying the little things.”

“How long have you been up?” Buffy asked, smiling at how easily Spike seemed to have gone into dad mode.

“About an hour or so.”

“She give you any trouble?” Buffy frowned, knowing first hand how Tara’s morning temper could be.

“Of course not. You weren’t any trouble, were you sweetie?” Tara absentmindedly shook her head at Spike’s question. “We had breakfast and got dressed and brushed our teeth.”

“Really?” Buffy asked, a little surprised.

“Sure. I had Nina get some different things, not sure what she would eat. Which reminds, me; Red was up here a few minutes ago wondering if we wanted to go to breakfast with them, said they were leaving in a little while.” He gave Buffy a inquisitive look. “Wanna go?”

“I am pretty hungry, actually.” Buffy replied. “You wanna go? I mean, we could get food and stay here if you want to just stay in.”

“No, we’ll go. I can’t wait to see the look on the whelp’s face when he sees me.” Spike chuckled a little. “We should probably go downstairs, though. Red told me to meet them in the lobby if we wanted to come.”

“OK, let’s go.” Buffy stood up, reaching her arms out for Tara, but she shook her head and snuggled closer to Spike. “Oh, I see. We’ve got ourselves a daddy’s girl, do we?” Buffy said a little amused. Tara put her arms around Spike’s neck as he stood up too.

“Daddy.” They both looked down on the girl, and Buffy could see tears in Spike’s eyes. They were both quiet for a moment.

“Never thought I’d here that.” Spike said. “Didn’t even know I wanted to.” Buffy smiled.

“Kids. They do stuff to you.”

“You telling me?” Spike chuckled and Tara tugged his shirt to get him to put her down on the floor where she took off in a hurry towards the elevator.

“She’s already got you wrapped around her little finger!” Buffy laughed as they walked out of the penthouse.

*****

Buffy heard raised voices as she, Spike and Tara walked out of the elevator in the lobby of Wolfram & Hart. She shot Spike a questioning look, but he just shrugged. As they got closer to one of the offices, Buffy could make out voices.

“I’m not discussing this with you!” She heard Angel yell.

“All I’m saying is maybe you should give her some time.” A female voice countered. “She’s bound to be pretty mad at you right now. Just let her calm down before you go off trying to explain.”

“Nina, you don’t get this, OK. You don’t know Buffy, I do. I need to talk to her as soon as possible, tell her why I did it.” Angel came bursting out of the office, the woman Buffy had seen the night before following in his footsteps. They both froze as they saw the trio in the lobby.

“This should go well.” The woman, Nina, mumbled. Angel took a step closer. Buffy picked Tara, who had taken a strong hold on her leg, up and went over to Spike. “Take her upstairs, get the others. I’m gonna talk to him.” Spike took Tara, who immediately took a strong grip around his neck.

“I should be here too, love.” Spike said, giving Angel a deadly look. “He’s got some explaining to do to me too, y’know.”

“I know. But I don’t want her here, OK. I’ll tell you what happened later.” Buffy gave him a pleading look, and he nodded before heading to the elevator again. When they were safely gone, Buffy turned back to Angel.

“Buffy, please let me...” Angel started, but Buffy cut him off.

“How dare you? You had no right to do this to us!” Her voice was calm, but he would have preferred it if she had been yelling.

“I’m sorry, but I didn’t think it was my place to tell him.” Angel said.

“You’re right, it wasn’t. But you should have told me. You should have given me that choice.” Buffy sat down on one of the couches, and buried her face in her hand. Angel sat down next to her, and Nina saw her cue and went back into the office.

“I can’t believe you would do something like this.” Buffy refused to look in Angel’s eyes.

“I did it for your good. Yours and Tara’s.”

“Oh, don’t give me that!” Buffy spat. “Don’t give me that bullshit again, I heard enough of it seven years ago.”

“This is different. Look, just hear me out, and if you want nothing to do with me when I’m done, I’ll accept that. OK?” Angel waited for a response. When Buffy nodded he continued. “When Dawn told me about the baby, I’ll admit I was mad. Jealous, angry, whatever you wanna call it. But I decided to look into it, and that’s why I didn’t say anything to you about Spike being back, because of what I found.”

“What did you find?” Buffy asked, finally looking up at him.

“There’s a prophecy about the Chosen Child, born in the fourth year of the third millennia. The child will decide the fate of the world, ending the final battle between good and evil.” Angel revealed.

“But that’s good, right?” Buffy asked.

“It doesn’t say which side wins.” Angel said. “I was just afraid that if Spike ever lost his soul, he could turn Tara against you, against the fight for good. I couldn’t let that happen. I was planning on telling him today, actually, since he’s all human now.” Buffy was quiet for a long time before she spoke again.

“I believe you.” At Angel’s smile, she continued. “That doesn’t mean that I forgive you right now. I’m gonna need some time to do that, OK?” Angel nodded. “But I want to try to be friends, if that’s OK with you.”

“I’d like that.” Angel tried another smile, and this time Buffy smiled back.

At that moment, the Scoobies along with Spike and Tara came into the lobby.

“Sorry, love, couldn’t keep them away any longer.” Spike gave Buffy an apologetic look.

“It’s OK, we’re done here anyway.” Buffy gave Angel a small smile before leaving the couch and joining her friends. “So, who wants breakfast?”

*****

“So, she’s gonna, like, end all evil or something?” Dawn asked. She, Buffy, Spike, Willow, Xander, Giles and Andrew were sitting in a booth at a diner down the road from the Wolfram & Hart offices. Tara had fallen asleep in Spike’s lap, and Buffy had just told the others what Angel had said about the prophecy.

“Apparently, although, it wasn’t really that clear. Just said she would ‘end the final battle’ or something. That’s why Angel didn’t say anything to us about Spike being back, it didn’t say if it was for good or evil” Buffy explained and Spike huffed.

“He thought I would corrupt her or something?” Buffy put a comforting hand on his arm.

“He was just afraid that if you lost your soul, it would affect her. I kinda understand that.” At Spike’s horrified look she continued. “I’m not saying I forgive him for doing it. I might never. All I’m saying is I understand where he’s coming from, OK?” She gave Spike a pleading look, and his expression softened. Willow decoded it was time to cut in.

“So, what’s gonna happen now?” She asked Spike. “Are you gonna help us with the school?”

Spike gave Buffy a questioning look. She had told him about the school the night before, but they hadn’t discussed him working there. They hadn’t really discussed anything about the future, he realized.

“I’d be happy to help out.” He said, his eyes not leaving Buffy’s. “If you want me to.”

“Of course I want you there. I thought that went without saying.” but gave Spike a reassuring smile and he returned it.

“So, are we going back to Wolfram & Hart?” Willow asked. “You and Angel seemed, I don’t know...”

“I’m not sure. We decided to be friends, but I’m not happy with him right now.” Buffy frowned. “I don’t really want to go back there, but we don’t have anywhere else to go, and Faith and Wood are coming in a couple of days, they’re gonna need a place to stay too.”

“I’ll talk to the poof.” Spike said. “We could probably stay at the Hyperion, he still owns that place. Got a few words to say to him anyway.”

Buffy noticed the determined look on his face and squeezed his hand.

“Be nice. I don’t want you two fighting all the time. He’ll probably be around sometimes.”

“Fine. I’ll play nice with Peaches.” Spike agreed.

*****

Spike didn’t bother to knock before entering Angel’s office. He found his grand-sire at the desk, staring out the window.

“I’ve got something to say to you.” He started and Angel turned the chair around to face him.

“Go ahead. I deserve it.” Spike saw the resigned look on Angel’s face.

“I’m not gonna yell at you, if that’s what you think.” He said, running a hand through his hair. “I’m not really good at this, so don’t cut me off, OK?” Angel nodded and Spike took a deep breath before speaking again. “Thank you.”

“What? Did you just say...” Angel looked confused. Spike nodded.

“Buffy told me about the prophecy, about why you did what you did. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pissed at you for keeping them away from me for the past couple of years. But I understand. And I’m grateful. I never would have forgiven myself if I had done something that could hurt her. So, thank you.”

“You don’t have to thank me. Just promise me one thing.” Spike raised a questioning eyebrow at Angel’s words and he continued. “Keep them safe.”