Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's chapter seven for you guys. Only the epilogue left. Hope you like it.
I don't own the characters. Thanks to Nichole for her help with the story.
7 Los Angeles School of Slayers and Watchers


Buffy looked around the large training room amazed. She took a better grip on Tara who had fallen asleep in her arms. They had been walking around the new school for the past hour, and apparently it had been too much for the little girl. Buffy turned to Riley at the same time as Spike came into the room.

“Wow, this is amazing.” Buffy said to Sam, who had come up behind Riley.

“We’ve been working on it since the big Slayer revolution, so it better be.” Sam smiled at Buffy and took Riley’s hand in hers.

Riley had been suspicious when he had seen Spike, but after Buffy talked to him and explained the whole Shanshu thing, he had decided to let the past be the past, him and Spike would never be friends, but for Buffy’s sake they would try to get along.

They had been in LA for almost six weeks now, and were getting ready to start up the school the following week since everything was ready. Faith and Wood had come into town three weeks earlier, and had both been surprised to find Spike at the Hyperion. Faith, who had seen first hand how devastated Buffy had been after Spike had ‘died’ in the Hellmouth, had been supportive of their relationship from the start. Wood, however, had been more cautious around the former vampire, and still was. Buffy didn’t think he would ever completely let go of the past, but as long as he didn’t do something, Buffy would accept it.

The rest of the Scoobies hadn’t said anything about the fact that Buffy and Spike were together again. Even Xander, who had been the one to oppose the most in the past, had told Buffy he was fine with it.

“So, you guys ready to see your new home?” Riley asked as they headed out of the training room and Buffy snapped back to reality. “You’ve seen everything here, we’ve only got the houses left.”

“Yes, please.” Buffy replied and followed Riley and Sam, Spike a little behind her. She slowed down to wait for him. “What do you think?” She asked.

“Seems great.” He replied. “You’ve got everything you could need. Training rooms, library, computer base. Red’ll have a field day, there.”

“So you think we’ll be able to do it?” Spike noticed the hesitation in Buffy’s voice. He knew she was nervous about the school, about being a role model for all the new Slayers. He also knew she could do it.

“I know we will.” He said trying to reassure her. “Do you remember what I told you back in that abandoned house?”

“Of course I do.” Buffy nodded.

“Well, that’s still true. I know you can do this, just like I know you can do anything you set your mind to. OK?” Spike gave Buffy an encouraging look, and she nodded. “Good. Now, let’s go see what kind of place we’re gonna call home.”

*****

“Wow.” Was all Buffy could say as they pulled up outside the house she, Spike and Tara would live in. It was a large, two-storied house with an amazing porch running all the way around it.

“I’ll second that wow.” Spike said as they got out off the car. Riley and Sam came up to them and lead the way to the front door where Riley handed Buffy a key.

“Go ahead.” He said and nodded at the door. Buffy opened it and they walked into the large foyer. It opened up into an open-spaced living room in light colors. To the right was a large kitchen, and to the right a dining room. From the living room, two glass doors led to the back of the porch, which had an amazing view of the ocean. Next to the entrance to the dining room one flight of stairs led to the upper level, and one led to the basement.

“This is the main level.” Sam said where she was standing right inside the front door. “You’ve got living room, kitchen, dining room and there’s a bathroom behind the stairs. Upstairs are four bedrooms with baths and a study. Downstairs you have a training room, fully equipped. There’s also a Jacuzzi out on the deck.”

“We’ll have to check that out later.” Spike said, giving Buffy a knowing look that made her blush. Riley noticed and opened the front door.

“Let’s leave these two to explore their new house, Sam.” He said and Sam followed him out the door, waving a goodbye to the couple inside.

“So, what do you think?” Buffy asked.

“I think we should check out the upstairs, love.” Spike replied and led the way up the stairs, Buffy following with Tara.

The stairs ended in a hallway with two rooms to the right and three to the left, the master bedroom at the end of the hall. The bedroom closest to the master suite had been decorated with pink and purple colors and had a children’s sized, four-poster bed with bars that could be raised surrounding it. Buffy put Tara down and pulled the bar up on all sides before they walked out of the room, leaving the door open in case Tara woke up.

As Spike lead the way, they quickly looked into the remaining rooms before ending up in the master bedroom, which was decorated in a light blue color and had a large bed in the middle of it. A door on the right wall led to a walk-in closet, and a door to the left to a large bathroom with two sinks, a toilet and a tub big enough for two.

“We’re gonna have to check that out.” Spike mumbled as he came up behind Buffy, who was standing in the door to the bathroom, and wrapped his arms around her.

“Oh, you bet we are.” Buffy replied as she turned in his arms and their lips found each other. They were interrupted by a cry from Tara’s room, and Buffy broke away. “But not right now.”

*****

Buffy walked through the hallway of the school, greeting students and other teachers as she went. The school had been up and running for over a month now, and so far things were going great. They had a daycare center for staff as well as students, since some of the Slayers and Watchers-to-be had children too. Usually, Buffy picked Tara up during her lunch hour and they joined Spike in the diner across the road. But today, she had told Mrs. Henson, the manager of the daycare center, that Tara would stay for lunch. She needed to talk to Spike alone.

Buffy took a deep breath before opening the door to the diner. She found Spike at their usual table, and sat down opposite him.

“Hey, love. Where’s Tara?” He asked as he realized she wasn’t with Buffy. Spike had gotten a tad... overprotective of Tara in the past two and a half months, and Buffy was really looking forward to when she got to the age when she would be starting to date. That would be fun.

“She’s at the daycare center, I told Mrs. Henson she would be staying over the lunch today.” Buffy said and Spike raised a questioning eyebrow.

“Why?” He asked.

“I kinda need to talk to you.” Buffy said.

“OK, that doesn’t sound good. Should I be worried?” Spike asked, getting a little nervous.

“No, no. At least, I don’t think so. I’m not sure. I mean, maybe you don’t...” Spike cut her off.

“Buffy, love, you’re rambling.”

“I’m sorry. I’m just a little nervous is all.” Buffy took another deep breath before continuing. “You know how we have... you know... since I got to LA.”

“Well, yeah, pet, I was there after all.” Spike smirked a little at her.

“Well, the thing is, we never... used anything.” Buffy continued.

“How do you mean?” Spike asked, not quite sure what she was talking about.

“I mean... protection. You know...” Buffy blushed a little. “It seems when you got back the heartbeat and the breathing, some other parts of your... anatomy started working as well.”

“You mean...” Spike’s eyes widened as he realized what she was saying.

“I’m pregnant.”

“You’re serious?” Spike asked and Buffy nodded. “Why would that be a bad thing?”

“I don’t know, I just wasn’t sure how you’d react. I mean, we never talked about it.” Buffy said, looking down at the table, avoiding eye contact. Spike raised her chin, forcing her to look at him.

“You listen to me. I love you. I love Tara, and I will love this baby just as much. Don’t ever doubt that.” Buffy got tears in her eyes at his words, and he brushed them away. “OK?” Buffy nodded.

“I love you too.”