Air planes aren’t friendly Part 2

“This is exciting isn’t it? First time in Rome.” Andrew bounced around in his seat eagerly waiting for the plane to take off.

“Yeah, pretty interesting... How much sugar have you had today?”

“Dunno. Probably too much. Am I too hyper?” Buffy looked at him and then down at his leg. Andrew followed her gaze and looked at his leg for a second. He put his hand on it, attempting to stop it.

“Sorry, haven’t really experienced plane travel. Always gets me excited.” Buffy rolled her eyes as she recalled the flight to London. Andrew had been a ball of energy. She looked out her window, watching the ground flash by and everything grow smaller and smaller. Soon they were high above London making their way to Rome.

“(intercom) Hello ladies and gentleman, this is the pilot speaking. We are planning to arrive at our destination of Rome in about six hours. Please keep all seat belts fastened until the sign is turned off. Thank you. Enjoy your flight.”

“(mumbles) Thank the goddess.” Andrew looked at Buffy wondering why she was in a bad mood. When she closed her eyes he dismissed his concern and put on his
headphones.

~ 2 hours later ~

Buffy slowly opened her eyes. She looked at her watch and saw that only two hours had passed.

“(whispers) Bloody planes.” She looked over at Andrew and noticed that he was sound asleep. Lucky. She slowly opened her window and saw that the sky had darkened and there were small rain drops collecting. Great, now we get air trouble to top it all off. She growled quietly trying to think of something to do. When she couldn’t think of anything she started to bang her head against the window.

Andrew heard a faint banging noise and it roused him out of his sleep. Se stretched a bit and yawned. He looked over at Buffy and saw that her head was the cause of the noise. He gently tapped her on the shoulder. She quickly stopped her banging and turned to him.

“... Sorry did I wake you?”

“Lil’ bit but it’s okay. Is something wrong?”

“Me and planes are unmixy things.”


“Is that all...?”

“... No, it’s just that if I get bored for too long, then I start to think and then I get all broody. I don’t like being broody.”

“DO these things have anything to do with a certain blue-eyed vampire?”

“(quietly) Some what.”

“It’s okay that you miss him you know.”

“I know, but still everyone has moved on. It’s like I’m stuck in the past.”

“Your lover died. You’re allowed to mourn.”

“Lover? I don’t know about th-.”

“C’mon no one mourns for a friend like you are. It’s obvious.”

“(groans) I know that I love him, I just have issues believing it sometimes.”

“It’s going to take time. Just try not to focus on it. Does anyone else know?”

“Pfft. No one needs me to interfere. Willow is off with Kennedy in South America. Xander’s somewhere in Africa doing construction stuff. Giles and you have the council and Slayer findings. Dawnie’s in college. It’s like I’ve got nothing.”

“Hey... you’re the Slayer. You’re the Chosen One. That’s what you have.”

“Remember the lil’ spell that happened back in Sunnydale? I’m no longer the Slayer, I’m a Slayer.”

“No, you’re still the Slayer. You know about everything you do. The others are just people with extra strength and healing skills. If they went up against a vampire, they most likely wouldn’t survive. Heck most of them don’t even know what a vampire is.”

“I guess... When did you become so speechful?”

“Dunno really.”

“(intercom) Hello again, this is your pilot speaking. I’m sorry to report that we are going to be coming upon some rain clouds. So there is a chance that there will be some slight bumps, so I will be turning on the seat beat sign. Thank you for you patience.” Buffy fastened her seat belt and growled. Just my luck. Turbulence my second time flying. She opened her mouth to talk to Andrew, but he already had his eyes closed and headphones on. She shook her head and decided sleep was her best choice of entertainment.

~ 3 hours later ~

“Excuse me miss?” Buffy quickly opened her eyes.

“Huh?”

“Sorry to wake you, but we are serving a small meal to take with you. Would you like
one?”

“Uh... sure. Thanks.”

“Would your friend like one as well?”

“Sure.” The stewardess handed Buffy two meals and moved down to the next row of seats. Buffy slowly opened the plastic box and inspected its contents. She found a banana and unpeeled it. She looked over at Andrew and noticed he was still asleep.

“(intercom) Hello again ladies and gentlemen. We will be landing in about five minutes. Thank for choosing our airline.” Buffy looked back at Andrew and decided to wake him up.

“Andrew?”

“Huh? Oh Buffy.”

“Sorry to wake you up... again. But we’re landing in about five minutes and there’s food.”

“Oh okay. I’ll pass on the food though. It gives me the wiggins. Thanks anyways.” He gave her a small smile and put his headphones back on. Buffy shrugged her shoulders and looked out the window, seeing Rome hover close below.
(tbc)