Author's Chapter Notes:
i want have screwed up my fic... but yea... in the rest of the chappies... theres italian in the " " and english inside the { }... uber confusing i no...
Peaceful Problems

It seemed to take forever for the plane to stop moving.

“(mutters) Sodding autopilot.” Spike looked out the window at the quickly setting sun.

“Angel, sir we have finally arrived.”

“Uh... thank you?” Angel slowly stood up and stretched. He looked over at Spike’s seat and found it empty.

“Let’s move it Peaches. Bleedin’ sick of being in this can.” Spike gave Angel and annoyed look before exiting the jet.
“(mumbles) Idiot.” Angel looked in the cockpit to see the so called autopilot. When he saw flashing buttons and dials he shook his head and followed after his grandchilde.

They walked out into the airport and were greeted with a strange site. There were demons walking around with humans. No bloody carnage or screams, just civilized peace.

“(mutters) ‘ave any idea what’s going on?”

“Not the slightest. Should have asked Gunn or Wes.”

“Ponce. You should try to figure out things you-.”

“Scusilo signori? {Excuse me sirs?}” Angel gave the strange man a confused look.

“What?”

“Scusilo, ma sono stato trasmesso per prenderlo a Wolfram ed al cervo maschio. {Excuse me but I was sent to take you to Wolfram and Hart}.”

“What are you saying?”

“(mutters) Pillock. Let me handle this. (pushes Angel aside) Scusilo, lui è non parla nulla ma inglese. {Excuse him, he doesn’t speak anything but english.}”

“Amperora, allora presumo che parlo con vol? {Ah, then I presume I speak with you?}”

“Così avete detto qualcosa circa Wolfram ed il cervo maschio? {So you said something about Wolfram and Hart?}”

“Sì sono stato trasmesso per richiamario.{Yes I was sent to retrieve you.}”

“Amperora, pozzo indovino che siamo tutti il vostro. {Ah, well then I guess we’re all yours.}”

“Sì, segualo bien. {Yes well follow me.}”

“Wha?”

“(rolls eyes) Lucky I can speak Italian.”

“When did you learn Italian?”

“Not that it’s any of your business, but I did get bored babysitting Dru.”

“Thought you lived for that.”

“(growls) Let’s just get moving.”

“Fine.” Spike watched Angel follow after the Italian man. He contained his urge to kill something and stalked after them.

After they loaded their few belongings into the car, they made their way to the Italian headquarters. Angel and Spike made the trip in silence. Being in the jet for hours had pushed them past conversation.

~ 15 minutes later ~

The car slowly came to a stop and the door opened.

“Benvenuto alle sedi. Spero che abbiate un viaggio sicruo. {Welcome to headquarters. I hope you have a safe trip.}” Angel just gave the man a small, but confused smile.

“Grazie. {Thank you.}” Spike shook the man’s hand and walked after Angel. They came upon the front doors to the office and slowly opened them. As they walked inside they noticed that it looked oddly like their own office. Except everyone was relaxed and working together. They approached what would have been Harmony’s desk hoping that everything was the same. The woman working at the desk heard them approach and looked up at them.

“Passo alutario con qualcosa? {Can I help you with something?}” Angel swallowed nervously. Why does everyone speak Italian?

“Um... uh...” Spike rolled his eyes at his grandsire’s failed attempt to communicate with the staff.

“(growls) Move, now. Potete dirmi dove posso trovare l’esecutivo principale-.{Yes can you tell me where I can find the Chief Excutive-.}”
Just as the words left his mouth a tall woman came out of the double doors to their left. She quickly approached them with a smile on her face. Spike and Angel both started to slowly back away, but they couldn’t escape.

“Amperora, signori ciao. {Ah gentlemen.} (kisses cheeks) Ho sentito parlare della vostra situazione difficile. {I heard about your plight.}”

“Uh... Does anyone speak english?”

“Oh, I am very sorry, I thought you both spoke Italian.”

“Forgive him, he’s a bit of a pillock.” Spike gave Angel a cocky grin, but Angel didn’t grin back.

“What is a pillock?”

“It nothing. (looks at Spike and growls) Shut up. Now.”

“Oh so tense. (massages shoulders) Just relax.” Angel slowly stepped away from the woman’s hands.

“Um, hello. I’m Angel and this is Spike. I’m the CEO of the Los Angeles branch of Wolfram and Hart. Who exactly are you?

“Oh sorry. I am Ilona Costa Blanchi, CEO of the Italian branch.

“Right. Nice to meet you. We were told that you have the resources that can help us.”

“Yes, we heard about the Onigumo Suikotsu clan fight. But I suggest we finish this inside my office. (looks at man following behind her) Paolo ((her assistant)) può voi prendermi due vetri di anima dei maiali, scaldati naturalmente e di un espresso. {Paolo can you fetch me two glasses of pigs’ blood, warmed of course, and an espresso?}”

“Sì, naturalmente mancanza. {Yes, of course miss.}”


“Gentlemen, please follow me.” Angel and Spike looked at each other and followed Ilona into her office. As they looked around it seemed the same as Angel’s except here there were flowers in vases on the tables.

“(mumbles) I see they don’t waste money on designing each headquarters.” Angel gave Spike a warning look before turning back to Ilona.

“Now that we are in your office, maybe we can discuss our issue?”

“Ah yes. Your... lawyer Charles Gunn has faxed us your papers and we have decided to split the land between the two clans. Your clients, the Onigumo clan, get seventy-five percent of the land and the Suikotsu get the other twenty-five percent. We’ve already drawn up the papers. All that needs to be done is for the papers to be signed by the clan leaders.. We would have already done this when we had the meeting, but we decided you would want to be there. (takes tray carrying drinks from Paolo) Grazie. {Thank you.} (looks at the two vampires) Blood?” Angel just stood there with a very confused look on his face. Spike didn’t seem to even be paying attention anymore. When they didn’t respond Ilona became a tad bit concerned.

“Angel? Spike? Is something the matter?” She waved her hand in front of the two. It seemed to snap Angel out of his reverie because he looked at her.

“Oh sorry. Just thought it wouldn’t be that simple. Usually there’s arguments and fights before an agreement is reached.”

“(laughs) Silly Americans. In Italy we are peaceful. The two clans easily agreed to the terms.”

“But... they’re not equal.”

“Yes well apparently the Suikotsu didn’t really need the land, they just wanted some. The Onigumo decided they would rather give up a small part of their land then have a war.”

“(angrily laughs) Well I’m sure glad I spent nine hours in that bleedin’ plane just to sign papers with some demons.”

“(growls) Spike...! Just be quiet.” Ilona noticed the tense build in the room and tried to calm the vampires.

“Personally I love to travel. The freedom of just escaping, it’s-.”

“Well I hate it. When can we get the sodding papers signed!?”

“The two clan leaders will be at a party tonight so you can do the signing then.”

“Great. Can we leave now.” Angel quickly shoved Spike out of the doors.

“Sorry about him. Thanks for your help.”

“Pleasure is ours. You two have fun tonight.”

“Thanks again.” He quickly grabbed the papers, exited the office, and pulled Spike down a hall.

“What is wrong with you?! Ever attempt to be civil? Without the papers there’s going to be a war most likely. Now unless you can fight by yourself do not upset the ally.”

“Piss off mate! You got your bloody papers. Be happy.” Spike quickly stalked away towards the front door.

“(takes a calming, un-needed breath) if he survives it’ll be a miracle.” Angel walked back to the car to find Paolo waiting.

“Where’s the other guy?”

“I was given the task of taking you both to the party.”

“Right...” Angel got into the car and heard obscenities and growls coming from Spike. This was going to be a long night.
(TBC)