Hotels And Buffy Are Unmixy Part One

“(intercom) Welcome to Rome ladies and gentlemen. We have arrived on time and the weather is clear. Please remain seated until the seat belt sign is turned off.” Buffy continued looking out the window, inspecting the new area. She shook her head and turned to Andrew. He had fallen back asleep. She poked him in the shoulder.

“Andrew?” His eyes opened and he attempted to stretch in his seat.

“Sorry I nodded off. Been a lil’ excited. Guess it caught up with me.”

“No big. So where exactly do we go when we get off the plane?”

“There’s supposed to be a car that will pick us up. One problem is that we couldn’t find an English speaking driver.”

“(slightly panicked) What? How are we supposed to get along?”

“Sorry lil’ forgetful. I speak Italian so we’re good to go.” Buffy gave him a dark look. He had made her panic. Buffy Summers didn’t panic.

“I said I was sorry. Besides I didn’t think you’d care.”

“Ah well. So long as you handle the talking, I’ll handle the ass kicking.” The seat belt sign turned off and they began to slowly get off the plane.

When they walked out into the main terminal they noticed a man holding a sign that said “Summers”. Buffy saw the sign of started walking in the direction.

“He’s over there.” They met up with the man and Buffy let Andrew speak for them.

“Ciao. (gestures towards Buffy) Quella é ms l’Summers .{Hello. That is Ms. Summers}.”

“Ciao. Mi sono delto a per escort al vostro hotel. {Hello. I was told to escort you to your hotel}.”

“Si grazie. (shakes hand) Sono Andrew Richards. E siete? {Yes thank you. I am Andrew Richards. And you are}?”

“Sono Guido Tommaso. Place vole oer venrli a contatto. Segualo prego. {I am Guide Tomasso. Pleased to meet you. Please follow me}.” Buffy watched the man walk away and Andrew follow after. None of the conversation said between them had made any sense to her but since Andrew didn’t look back at her then she guessed the driver was fine. She looked around her, shrugged, and followed after the men.

When they got outside “Guido” toke their bags and put them in the car. Andrew opened the door and motioned for Buffy to get in. When the doors were shut the car pulled away and made its way to their destination.

“Uh Andrew... where are we going?”

“Oh we’re going to La Europa.”

“La wha?”


“It’s the hotel.”

“...Right. Should I call Giles?”

“Sure.” Andrew looked at her for a few seconds before looking back outside. Buffy dug around in her bag trying to find her phone. Lip balm, mirror, stake, pen, stupid phone where are you... ah here you are. She withdrew the phone from her bag with a smile. She flipped it open and dialled Giles’ number.

“Hey, is this Giles?... Oh okay I’ll wait... Hello?...Hey Giles...Yeah our flight landed maybe a half an hour ago...Okay...So about this girl...We’re in the cab...Yeah so where should I go to get her or whatever?...Seriously?!....Yay us...Yes I know it’s business...Well I guess I’ll call you later...Yeah bye>”

“So what’s going on?”

“We get to party, and get this new slay- girl at the same time.”

“Oh yay!”

“Hey, no more Zima for you.” Buffy gave him a stern look remembering the last time Andrew had gotten drunk. Poor Xander.

“I didn’t mean to. I was just-.”

“You were drunken under the table. You came onto Xander.”

“Yeah but-.”

“No more Zima. That’s the end.”

“...Fine.”

“Same goes for me. Drunk Buffy innit fun Buffy.” She remembered her lil’ mental time travel after drinking beer from the bar. No need to become cave girl again. She remembered going out with Spike for information, and with the falling on her ass. But just the single thought of Spike sobered and looked out the window. Andrew noticed her change in expression. He know what had caused it but decided not to question her on it.

“....So do you know where we’re supposed to go ?”

“Giles didn’t give a name. He said it was right across from the hotel and we would know.”

“Cool. Party!” Buffy gave him a look and he knew that business came first. Before they could get into a new conversation the cab pulled up in front of the hotel. Guido quickly came around and opened their doors. When Buffy got out she looked over her new surroundings.

“(mutters) Wow.” She looked over the entrance noticing that the hotel was old, but very up to date. Glad the Council is picking up the tab. A few evil thoughts filtered through her head but she decided Giles wouldn’t be happy.

“At least we’re not paying for this. All that detail outside... I can only imagine what our rooms will be like.” Andrew walked away excitedly to check in. Buffy watched him and shook her head. Maybe the boy needed meds. She continued to examine the hotel and tried not to feel small. Everything was huge compared to her normal world. She began to feel overwhelmed but caught herself. She was the Slayer, she didn’t get overwhelmed in a stupid hotel. Buffy randomly began to walk down a hall and she gave herself a talk. After a few minutes she looked around and didn’t know where she was.

“Damnit! Bad Buffy. Why can’t-.” She quickly shut herself up. The people around her had magically grown ears and were giving her strange looks. Buffy pasted a small smile on her face and quickly made her way in the direction she thought was the lobby. When she finally found her way back Andrew appeared to be running around looking for her.

“Andrew! I’m over here.” His head snapped in her direction and he bounded
towards her.


“Hey! I got our room. Where’d you go?”

“Andrew breathe...”

“Right. In and out. Got it.”

“So I’m going to head up. I need to give Wil a call.” Andrew thanked whatever god or goddess that made Buffy not hear the one room fact.

“Okay, then we can go party?”

“(sighs) Yes we can go party, after we get the Slayer.”

“Yay!”

“Andrew-.”

“Yeah I know breathe.” He handed her the key and told her where to go.

“Thanks. See you later.”

“See ya later.”
Part Two

As the car pulled in front of a large hotel Spike rolled his eyes. Angel always had to have the biggest hotels.

“(mumbles)Flashy ponce.”

“Do you have something to say!?”

“A’ course not mate. Always gotta have your lifts.”

“Lifts?! I do not use lifts you idiot.”

“‘Splain the hotel then.”

“Not my idea. It was Ms. Blanchi.”

“Uh huh.”

“I swear to... I’ll kill you if you say another-.”

“(intercom)Scusi la mia interruzione, ma siamo arrivato alla vostra destinazione. {Excuse my interruption but we have arrived at your destination}.”

“Grazie Paolo.{Thank you Paolo}.” The car quickly came to a stop. Angel attempted to knock Spike down a few pegs but was interrupted by the door opening.”

“Ha, hel- hello Engel. Afe a nuyce de.” Angel tried not to laugh and gave Paolo a small smile. Spike growled in th car and got out.

“Good job.” Spike gave Paolo a thumbs-up to clear the meaning.
“Th-thank... grazie.{thank you}.” Spike grabbed his bag and looked around. He saw a revolving door and a golden sign naming the hotel “La Europa”. Spike rolled his eyes for what he felt was like the millionth time that day. Angel had an ego the size of “Europa”. Spike walked through the door and looked to see where the brooding forehead had trotted off to.

“Here’s the key.” Angel handed Spike a small plastic card.

“Uh mate. Where’s the key?”

“Dumb ass. The plastic is the key.”

“Soddin’ technology. Why can’t those humans just-.” He felt a presence. It was strongly familiar. Spike and Angel met eyes for a second.

“Did you just-.”

“Yeah. Didn’t-.”

“Impossible.” Spike shook his head and growled loudly. He grabbed his key back from Angel and stalked off. This trip was turning out to be a bitch. As he walked closer to his room the presence grew stronger. A lone tear fell down his face. The Powers were evil. He growled and angrily wiped the tear away. When he stepped into his room the presence was gone.

“What the hell?” He shook his head and walked in farther.

“You’re insane mate. Get it together.” He fell onto the bed. Five o’ clock. Only two more hours left.

~ ~(inside Angel’s room)

Angel paced inside his room. What the hell had happened down there? It had felt like Buffy was in the room. But she was miles away in London.

“I really need to get out of this country.” He sat down in a chair and felt a brood coming on. Two hours before the contract and then he was free of Europe.

~ ~(Buffy and Andrew’s room)

“Stupid cheap council. Why do we have to be in the same room. If they can’t afford two rooms then don’t fucking put us in this huge hotel.”
“It’s not so bad. I’ll leave and walk around when you need to get dressed, or if you need some space.” Buffy sighed and sat on what she called her area of the room.

“Plane travel and Buffy are unmixy things. Sorry for being all bitchy.”

“What do you ‘mix’ with?” Buffy shot him a warning glare.

“I’m taking a shower. You come in and I swear you’ll wish the Hellmouth would swallow you.”

“Someone needs to chill out. Jeez.”

“Whatever.” She shut the door to the bathroom and locked it. She turned the shower knob on and was overwhelmed by the presence of... Spike.

“(whimpers)No.” A sob escaped her throat as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“How could this be happening. He’s...-“

“Buffy... are you okay? I heard you talking to-.”

“I’m fine. Thinking out loud sorry.”

“Okay...” Buffy waited a few seconds and then stepped into the shower. Her brain filled with thoughts and she went on autopilot. Before she knew it she was standing next to the bed clean and dressed. She fell onto the bed, her eyelids getting heavy. The jet lag was catching up with her. She was asleep within minutes.
(tbc)