Author's Chapter Notes:
last chappie... idk y but i posted the entire thing 2day... but i felt like it... sng and lyrics "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls
When In Rome... You Party! Part One

When Buffy stepped into the club she was overwhelmed with loud music and hordes of people.

“(shouts)Andrew! What is this place?”

“Don’t know. They said it was called the Blue Fish. Isn’t it awesome?”

“Not the first word that comes to my mind... Well I’m gonna fetch a drink. Want one?”

“Zima?” Buffy gave him a warning look.

“Fine... sprite?”

“You got it.” She looked out on the dance floor and then made her way to the bar. She saw the bartender and tried to get his attention.

“Ciao, che cosa posso ottenervi? {Hello, what can I get you?}”

“Uh, you don’t speak English do you?”

“Ah, you are an American.”

“Yep. You’re like the only person here that speaks my lingo.”

“Lingo?”

“Yeah it’s like language.”

“Ah. So what can I get you?”

“Sprite and a water.”

“That is no fun. Unless of course you are under 18, then it is a lot of fun.” Buffy raised an eyebrow and retrieved her I.D.

“See... over 18.”

“Then I stick with my comment.”

“Me and alcohol are unmixy things.”

“What is this ‘unmixy’?”

“Sorry, habit. It’s Buffy language. It’s a new thing.”

“Right. Nice to meet you Buffy. I am Roberto.”

“Coolness.”

“You have a lot of words that are your own.”

“Yeah, sorry. Not used to talking with people that don’t speak English.”

“Understood.” He gave her a smile and went to get her drinks.

“Here you go.”

“Thanks. Well that’s my beverage needs. Nice talking with you.”


“Yes, I did not that I would learn new words.”

“Just call me lingo girl.”

“Have fun.”

“You too. Well fun jobness.” She waved good-bye to him and tossed a five on
the bar top. She went in search of Andrew and soon spotted him.

“Andrew!”

“Wha- oh hey Buff.”

“Here’s your sprite.”

“Where’s your drink.”

“Water.”

“That’s boring.”

“Too bad. I’d prefer to stay sober Buffy thank you very much.”

“Saw you chattin’ it up with the bartender. He’s a cutie.”

“Oh Roberto?... That was just conversation to pass time.”

“Uh huh. You know his name. I bet you’ll get some.”

“Andrew! That is just gross. One I don’t know the guy and hello I’m not a hoe-bag.”

“Well you never-.”

“I know. Go dance and drink your non-alcoholic sprite.”

“Whatever you say... Why don’t you come with me. It’ll be fun. You haven’t had fun in like ever.”

“Or I could retrieve the new Slayer girl and go back to the hotel.”

“Party pooper.” She narrowed her eyes at him.

“I am not. I’m tired. But anyways how are we supposed to find her?”

“I don’t know. Call Giles. He’ll know.”

“(groans) I don’t wanna’. He gets all chatty and then it gets annoying.”

“Fine I’ll do it.”

“Yay. I don’t have to.”

“Yeah whatever. You owe me.”

“Yeah right.” Andrew walked away attempting to find a good place to hear. Buffy spotted a table and sat down at it.

After about 10 minutes Andrew came back, but had a girl in tow. That stupid dork. He found her. Now I have to Slayer sit.

“Hey Buffy. This is Brook.”

“Hey, obviously I’m Buffy. Nice to meet you.”

“Hullo Buffy.”

“There no worry I don’t bite. Unless provoked.” When Brook stepped back a step Buffy scolded herself. Nice goin’ buddy. You scared her.


“Sorry it’s just a joke.”

“Oh... (strained laugh).”

“So yeah. Where did you come from.”

“I am from around here. But I was born in America.”

“That’s uber cool.”

“Uber?”

“Sorry... I have odd words. I need to work on using them.”

“Oh... ok.”

“Someone needs to learn a new language.”

“Stupid up. Did high school. Did college. The Buffy learning lane is closed.”

“Coughstubborncough.”

“Andrew...”

“Fine. Well I guess I’m gonna head back out there and get my boogie on. Any
takers?” Buffy rolled her eyes. This boy had extreme issues.

“I guess I will. This is my first time coming here. I here with some other people.”

“Cool so are we. Or at least I am. Buffy here has something against fun things.”

“I do not. I’m just not in the party mood.”

“You haven’t done like anything party wise since-.”

“Andrew two words of advice. Be quiet.”

“Fine be that way. Well we’re gonna go out on the floor. Have fun sitting here.”

“Bye.”

“Nice to meet you.”

“Same.” She watched them walk off and rested her head on her hands. This could very well turn into a very long night.

~ ~ Part Two

When Angel and Spike walked into the meeting place their eardrums almost split. Then they noticed the sea of people gyrating to the music

“You’d think that they could turn it down a bit. Bleedin’ loud.”

“Yeah. Definitely.” Angel noticed a door labelled “VIP” and signalled that that
was their meeting area. Once they got closer to the door they noticed the huge thing guarding the door. Angel said something to the guard and the door opened.

“He is expecting you.” Angel gave the not-so-human guy a cautious look and stepped into the room. Spike just growled and followed. As soon as they stepped through the door all the noise disappeared. The only other things in the room were the demon clan leaders. On the left there was a purple blob of muscle. It was built like a tank. The leader next to him was completely different. It was tall and thing, but its head was a weapon. It had a huge mouth covered in sharp fangs. Its black eyes followed their every move. The two vampires became cautious thinking that it was a trap. Oddly enough the purple blob spoke first with a civilized voice.

“Welcome gentlemen. I am Renkutsou, leader of the Suikutsou clan.”

“Hello, I’m Angel, CEO of Wolfram & Hart in Los Angeles. That is Spike. He’s my... associate.” Spike just looked from Angel to the demons sitting on the couch with no reaction. Angel looked at the thin demon. This must be the client... I guess.

“And you’re the Onigumo leader...?” The thin demon just slowly nodded.

“This one is called ‘Glib’ by the human language.”

“Please to meet you both.” He held out his hand but got nothing in return. There were a few minutes of awkward silence before anyone spoke again. Angel pulled out the papers and layed them on the table.

“These are the papers that Ms. Blanchi, CEO o-.”

“Yes we know of her. She is very lovely.”

“Of course. Well all that is needed is the signatures of you and Mr. Glib and then this whole thing can be resolved.” Angel placed the papers closer to the leaders in fear that it won’t be as simple and Ms. Blanchi had said it would be. Please make this work. I’m not in the mood to kick ass.

After a few minutes Renkutsou signed the papers and passed it to Glib. He tilted his head examining it. Then he picked it up and began to read it. Everyone seemed to be on edge. It was so quiet that it seemed you could hear Glib’s eyes moving as he read the lines. Finally he picked up the pen and carefully signed the papers. He placed them in front on Angel and nodded. The vampire let out a breathe and relaxed a little bit. It was over.

“Thank you gentlemen. For your time and cooperation. It is greatly appreciated.” Renkutsou shook Angel’s hand and stepped out a back door. Angel looked down at his goo covered palm. He wiped it off on his pants and went to shake Glib’s hand. All the demon did was look at the hand and walked out the door. Angel watched the demons leave and went to leave the signing room. Spike gave the room the once-over and stalked out.

“What the hell was that? Are you trying to get us all killed?!”

“What are you even talking about?”

“You know your demon boy ‘Glib’? Well their species can’t speak. Or express emotion. And there you go Mr. Friendly. Stupid ponce. ‘Least I acted appropriately. Probably saved your ass.”

“Shut up Spike.”

“Sing me a new one. That one’s tired. I’ve told you this more than once.”

“Whatever. I’m gonna look around.”

“You do that mate.” Spike looked around for a bar and spotted one. He definitely needed a good drink.

“Che cosa é il vostro veleno? {What’s your poison?}”

“Sbatti-. {Whisk-.}” He could smell Buffy. But how was that possible? And why
did this bartender smell like her.

“Desiderate un whisky?... Signore? {You want a whiskey?... Sir?}”

“Che cosa?... I’cOh si. {What?...Oh yes.}” As Spike watched the bartender serve his drink up he growled. There was something wrong with him smelling like his Slayer.

“Qui il ya va. {Here ya go.}”

“Grazie. {Thanks.}” He threw back his shot and placed a five on the counter top. This trip was turning out to be quite the bitch. He noticed a free table and sat down at it as he watched the people dancing. There was so much motion. Like a sea of people. He could barely hear the pounding of their blood over the music. Yet he didn’t feel tempted to kill. That was a shock. After the night he had had he should have wanted to kill something. But not tonight. England called to him desperately.

And I’d give up forever to touch you
‘Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You’re the closest thing to heaven that I’ll ever be
And I don’t want to go home right now

Buffy yawned and watched the crowds of people dance. She wanted to be out there but couldn’t find the energy to stand up. She wished she was sitting at the Bronze. But it was a pile of rubble in a huge ditch that once was Sunnydale. As she looked out into the crowd she spotted Andrew. He was jumping around the group of people that they had came with. Along side him was Brook. They all seemed to be having a good time.

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
and sooner or later it’s over
I just don’t want to miss you tonight

As Spike watched the lights flash and the speakers vibrate he felt like he was in a prison. It was just like the Bronze. Only Buffy wasn’t on the dance floor dancing with the rest of her mates.
He spotted Angel talking to some blonde chit and rolled his eyes. Apparently Angel wasn’t involved with the werewolf girl. He got up from his chair and walked over.

“Angel.”

“(growls quietly) What now Spi-.”

“No need to get your knickers in a twist. Just tellin’ ya that I’m headin’ out.”

“Oh... whatever.” He turned back to the girl and didn’t even notice that Spike
was still talking to him. Spike growled at his Sire and stalked through the crowd.

And I don’t want the world to see me
‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Buffy checked her phone and saw that it was getting on ten o’ clock. She decided the she should head back and get some sleep. She searched through the crowd trying to find Andrew yet again and quickly found him. She got up from the table and checked to make sure that she had everything. She walked up to Andrew and tapped him on the shoulder.

“Andrew.”

“Wha.. Oh buffy. Finally decided to stop being the wallflower?”

“Actually no. I’m just going back up to the room. Tired and bored. Be sure to
come back sober and with Brook.

“Ok. Have a good sleep.”


“Ok. Night.”

As she walked towards the door she felt Spike’s presence. It grew stronger with each step she took. She looked around trying to figure out why she was feeling him. Then she spotted faint hope. A shock of bright blonde hair.

“(mutters) Oh my god. It can’t be.”

~ ~ Part Three

Spike knew he heard her little voice. Could feel the Slayer in her calling to him. He looked wildly around him trying to find her. She was somewhere in this club. He would bet his unlife on it.

“Buffy! Where are you?!” He continued to search through the crowds. When he could no longer tell where he had and hadn’t looked he closed his eyes and concentrated. He felt her presence off to the left and quickly made his way over.

“Buffy!” He noticed she was looking for something or someone. In the back of his mind he hoped it was for him. When he got sight of her he ran. Just before he reached her see turned around. Her eyes widened as she took him in.

“(whispers)Spike?”

“‘Ello luv.”

“Oh my god. I missed you.” She ran into his arms. He was real. Not another dream. He wasn’t dust.

And you can’t fight the tears that ain’t comin’
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you’re alive.

It felt so good to have her back in his arms. He could feel the tears rolling down his face but he didn’t care. She was his again. She slowly looked up into his eyes and saw the tears. Using her thumbs she wiped them away.

“You’re not dust.”

“Nope, I’m 100% real.”

“I’m not dreaming?”

“Let’s find out.” He lowered his mouth onto to her’s in a tender kiss, trying to express all his emotions. As she pulled away tears streaked down her cheeks. He was with her again. She hugged him, making sure that she wouldn’t lose him again. That would never happen.

And I don’t want the world to see me
‘Cause I don’t think that they’d understand
When everything’s made broken
I just want you to know who I am

Spike looked deep into her eyes. How he had missed seeing the sparkle in her eyes.

“I want you to know that no matter what I will always love even if I’m dust.”

“Love you too.” At first he was in shock. But then it sank in. She loved him. Buffy saw the happiness and wonder in his eyes and laughed. He really didn’t think she had meant what she said.


“Now that’s a noise that I miss. Need to hear it more often.”

“Well we’re gonna need to do something about that then.”

“Yeah we’re gunna work on that. Let’s get out of here.”

“Agreed. My hotel’s across the street. A’ course Andrew is there or will be there so that’ll be odd.”

“Wow small world. I’m in the same hotel.”

“Really? That is so cool.” Happiness lite up her face.
“I felt you today. You’re presence. I thought the Powers were just pulling my chain. Again.”

“Same. But we’re both here. In solid fleshy goodness.” He smiled down at her. Even though her language was odd he wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. She grabbed his hand and led him out of the noisy club. Slayer and vampire. Together at last.
END

note: duh im making a sequel... but i havent thought up a good title and my spuffy brain it kinda not in the writing mood.... hope u enjoyed this fic...