Author's Chapter Notes:
i own nothing... yet again... im not putting this anymore... its basically common knowledge
Plans Pt. 2

Buffy slowly walked down to Giles’ office in the new Watcher’s Council. She looked around at the weapons that were cased on the wall. As she walked down the hall she remembered when the Council used to be her enemy. She still hadn’t gotten used to the new “management”. She came up to the office door and knocked.

“Come in.” She opened the door and popped her head inside.

“Giles?”

“Ah Buffy, yes come in.”

“Hey. Um... someone said you wanted to see me so...”

“Yes, I wanted to ask if you had some time to take a trip down to Rome to pick up
some Slayers located there? No one else is available.”

“Oh, yeah sure. When do you want me to leave?”

“I can have you on a flight by tomorrow afternoon.”

“Okay. Is that all?”

“Well, I was wondering if you were having some problems with what happened in Sunnydale? Willow has noticed that you’ve been a little off.”

“(exhales sharply) No. But it’s okay to just say it. Spike died back there to save the world. But nothing’s wrong. Just a lil’ broody I guess.”

“... Oh right. I just want you to know that if you have any problems that I’m here for you.”

“Okay Giles. I’ll call here in the morning.”

“Goodbye.”

“Bye.” She slipped from the office and ground her teeth as she walked back down the hall.

“Thanks Wil,” she whispered. She shook her head and started down the stairs. She stepped out of the headquarters and onto the streets on London. Over the past couple of months she had come to know her way around the area and quickly made her way to her flat that she occasionally shared with Dawn and Willow. When she walked inside she noticed a note on the coffee table.


Buffy,
Hope you get to relax in Rome. Sorry ‘bout the telling Giles, but I was worried. Well I’m going to be off in South America this weekend, but maybe when I come back we could have a girls’ night? You can call me on my cell if you need me.
Luv,
Wil

She groaned and threw the letter in the waste basket. Why was everyone all of a sudden concerned for her? When the Hellmouth caved in no one really noticed her pain. Now when ever she showed a lil’ grief everyone was magically there for her. Her thoughts drifted a second to the thought that Willow had done something but she quickly brushed that thought away.

She thought back to her meeting with Giles. Their relationship had never fully returned to normal after he had decided to side with Wood on Spike murder. Just the thought of what they had tried to do to her lover made her angry. She collapsed into her chair and closed her eyes. She thought about just escaping from England and just starting over. Maybe Rome wasn’t that bad of an idea. She might actually get to have a few days with out mini Slayers crawling all over her. As thought about her trip she fell asleep dreaming about a small house in a small town where there were NO Slayers.

~ Next morning ~

*knocking on door*

“Buffy?! Are you in there!?” Buffy’s eyes slowly came open and then the sound of someone pounding on her door brought her out of her sleepy fog.

“Hold on.” She got up out of her chair and quickly stretched.

“Who is it?”

“Andrew.”

“Oh. (opens door) Come in. So what’s up?”

“Don’t you remember where you supposed to be in (checks watch) about two hours?”

“Umm...” Then when she does remember panic flashes across her face.

“Shit! Giles is going to kill me. Well, he’ll probably just get angry but-.”
“If you don’t want to go I’ll go for you. I’m going there on other business.” Buffy looked at him with confusion before running off into her room.

“(from room) Oh that’s okay-. Where’s my- oh here. (to Andrew) I need the break anyways.”

“Okay, well we’re on the same flight so if you don’t mind I’ll just hang out here.”

“(from room) Whatever.”

~ 20 minutes later ~

Buffy ran out of her room with a small carry-on suitcase in one hand and a cell phone attached to her ear.

“Yes I know... Faith can handle it... Did you even- hold on. (to Andrew) Sorry I forgot about you-. (to phone) No I’m not talking to you. Look I’ll just call you back later or tomorrow morning... Yes I know you’ve told me like a billion times... (rubs temples) Bloody hell, just ask Faith. I have to go. Bye. (to Andrew) Uber sorry about that. Are we late?”

“No, we have about thirty minutes to get to the airport.”

“Good. Well everything looks fine here so... ready to go?”

“Sure” Buffy pocketed her phone and lead Andrew out the door. She quickly locked up and walked out of the flat. When they got onto the sidewalk they flagged down a taxi and made they’re way to the airport.
(TBC)