Chapter Ten

Buffy was so happy that Spike and her had made up. She knew that it wouldn't last long, but she'd started to get just a little nervous. Her mother was going out of town for a weekend, and taking her little sister with her. Buffy was going to have the whole house to herself, and she was ecstatic. She had plans for herself and Spike, but she hadn’t told him yet. She hoped that he could come over this weekend, it would be so much fun. It would be just the two of them for two whole days. She had something special prepared for him. She was quickly getting dressed for school, so she could tell him about her plans. She popped her head into Dawn’s room to tell her to hurry up. Dawn grumbled something under breath, and continued whatever it was she’d been doing. Dawn had never been a morning person, but then again, neither had Buffy. Buffy said goodbye to her mother, and waited in her car for her sister. When she didn’t come out after ten minutes, Buffy honked her horn. Dawn finally came out of the house giving her an evil look. When she opened the car door, she laid into Buffy.

“ Geeze, what’s your big rush? You hate school, so why are you going so early?” Buffy ignored her question, and pulled out of the driveway.

When Buffy got to the school, she quickly scanned the gathering group of kids for Spike. She didn’t find him at first, but eventually did locate him talking to Drusilla. Buffy’s good mood immediately went away. She contemplated not even going over to him, when she saw Drusilla look over at her, and smirk. Buffy lifted her chin a little bit, and headed over to her. When Spike saw her, he turned and smiled at her.

“ Hey Buffy, what are you doing here so early?” Buffy shrugged.

“ I just needed to talk to you about something.” Spike seemed to catch her hint, and excused himself from Drusilla. Buffy got some mild satisfaction at the angry look on Drusilla’s face. They walked towards an empty table, and sat down. Spike didn’t let go of her hand even as they sat down.

“ What’s the matter?” Buffy grinned at him.

“ Why would anything be wrong? I just wanted to see you, and tell you my great news.” Spike grinned at her.

“ It’s just that you never get here early. What’s your great news?” Buffy’s smile only got wider.

“ My mom is going out of town this weekend, and she’s taking Dawn with her.” It took a minute for Spike to comprehend what she was saying. When it did hit him, he grinned a devilish smile at her.

“ You mean, we’ll have the whole house to ourselves, with no interruptions?” Buffy nodded at him, causing him to lean forward and kiss her lightly on the lips. When the first bell rang, Buffy groaned, not wanting to leave the her boyfriend. They kissed each other one last time, and went their separate ways.

Later that day, Buffy was in the bathroom in between classes. She was in the stall about to get out, when she heard a familiar voice.

“ I can’t believe he finally kissed me. It was absolutely fabulous!” Buffy recognized the voice as Drusilla’s. She also recognized the other person with her, it was Darla. Buffy didn’t like her either, but she could tolerate her better.

“ You mean that he finally left his precious Buffy?” Buffy froze where she was, unable to move at all.

“ No, unfortunately, he’s keeping up pretenses. She came to school early today, it was amazing that she hadn’t seen him kiss me. He said that he would talk to her this weekend. He’d just proposed to her, but apparently she’d freaked on him, and he’s over her. In class today, he told me that Buffy had invited him over for the weekend. I think he’s going to break up with her then, because we’ve got plans to go sailing on Saturday. I’m so excited, Darla, that little bitch is finally getting hers. We were about to start dating when she snuck in and stole him.”

After a few more minutes, they finally left. Buffy was completely frozen in her spot, unable to stop the tears that were falling down her face. When she finally composed herself, she went into her last class, that she had with Angel. Angel seemed to sense that something was wrong with her.

“ Hey Buffy, what’s wrong? It looks like you’ve been crying.” Buffy wouldn’t even look at him, for fear she’d start crying again.

“ I’ll be fine, Angel.” He didn’t say anything else, just turned his attention to the teacher. When school was over, Buffy was at her car when Spike came up to her.

“ Hey, I have to bail on you Saturday, Buffy. I can hang out with you after school on Friday, but I have to go sailing with me dad on Saturday. I tried to get out of it, but he’s insisting.” Buffy just stared at him. It appeared that what Drusilla had been saying was true. She didn’t say anything to him, just got in her car.

Spike was completely baffled by her reaction. She knew how his dad could be, and he didn’t understand why she was so angry. He walked around to the driver’s side of the car, and tapped on her window. When Buffy finally rolled the window down, he stuck his head in.

“ Hey, what’s wrong with you?” Buffy gave him the coldest stare that he’d ever seen, and answered him.

“ I’m absolutely fine, Spike. Listen, why don’t you forget coming over at school, Friday? I’m going to hang out with Willow, I forgot I already made plans with her.” Before Spike could say anything else, Buffy’s sister walked up the car, and jumped in the passenger seat. Buffy didn’t bother saying goodbye to Spike, just drove away.

TBC..I KNOW I’M PROBABLY CONFUSING YOU, JUST KEEP READING!!! I PROMISE SOME SMUTTINESS SOON!!!