Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay! thanks to everyone who's reviewed this story so far, and please let me know what you think.
Chapter Twelve

Buffy spent all weekend with her sister, and actually had a great time. Dawn had been really great about distracting her from thinking about Spike. Dawn knew that Buffy was upset, and really thought it was a stupid reason to break up with someone, but that was her sister’s decision. She knew that Drusilla was going sailing with Spike, but Buffy hadn’t let him explain anything. She’d never understand her sister’s lack of communication. Whenever Connor gave her lip, she let him know she was angry instead of fiddle farting around. Connor and Dawn had their spats, but it never lasted long enough for them to break up over it. She was waiting in her sister’s car, so they could go to school. Buffy had cried a lot over the weekend after Spike had stopped by. She just hoped that her sister would clear it up, so things could back to normal.

Buffy knew that she’d overreacted towards Spike Friday night, but she just couldn’t help it. He wasn’t even trying to deny his kiss between that whore. She didn’t know what she was going to do at school, without breaking out in tears. Just seeing Spike was going to make her want to run back home to her mommy, and cry like a little baby. She walked down the steps slowly, really not wanting to go to school today, but she really didn’t have a choice. She saw Dawn sitting at the kitchen table, and motioned for her to come on. Her sister had proved to be a great friend when she needed her. She’d let Buffy cry on her shoulder without judgment, and actually understood why she did what she did. She’d told Buffy that she thought it was stupid the way they were always fighting, but understood why she was angry. They climbed into Buffy’s car and headed off towards the school. When they got there, they only had a few minutes to spare before the bell rang. Buffy didn’t look at Willow and Cordelia, just sat in her chair focusing in on the teacher. Something hit her arm, and she looked down to see a note from Cordy on her desk.

Hey,
Are you okay, Buffy? Spike called me last night and told me you two broke it off. He was really upset about what happened. I can’t believe he kissed that skank..want I should beat her ass for you?
Love ya!
Cordy

Buffy couldn’t help but smile at Cordy’s words. She’d dated Charles Gunn their sophomore year, and he’d cheated on her with someone named Eve. Cordy was not a fan of the cheating, no matter who the person was. Buffy picked up her pen and wrote her response.

No, but thanks for the offer.
I really just want to put the bad experience behind me. I don’t know what I’m gonna do when I see him today.

Cordelia didn’t get a chance to respond to her, because the bell rang signaling for them to go to their next class. She had that class with Xander and Willow, so she still didn’t have to see Spike. Cordy turned towards her and grimaced.

“ Well you better think of something quick, because believe he’s going to want to talk to you. He was literally crying over the phone with me, saying Drusilla was the one to kiss him. She pressured his dad into letting her go sailing with them, and Spike actually begged out of it. I think you guys just really need to talk, but by no means should you let him get away with it.” Buffy started to speak, but Willow tugged on her arm. They were going to be late if they didn’t go. They said goodbye to Cordelia and made their way to History. When she got there, Xander didn’t really look at her in the eyes. He didn’t even say hello to her as she sat down beside him. They still had a few moments before the bell was going to ring, so she leaned over to talk to him.

“ Hey Xander, how’s it going?” Xander shot her a deadly glare, and spoke extremely cold to her.

“ Listen Buffy, I know that you were upset. I don’t want anything to do with it. Spike tried to pull me into the middle of it last night, so instead he got Cordelia to talk to him. You’re both my friends, but until you settle you’re little quarrel, I’m neutral.” Buffy glared right back at him, because all she was saying was hello.

“ You need to stop talking out of your ass, Harris. All I was trying to do was say hello to my friend. I don’t go blabbing all of my personal affairs to everybody, so you can just shove that statement.” Xander’s features immediately softened, and leaned closer to her.

“ Hey, I’m sorry, Buffy. Spike wasn’t gossiping or anything, he was just wanting for someone to talk to. I’m sorry if I sounded like an asshole.” Buffy broke out in a grin.

“ I know you were just looking out for yourself..and I understand.”

✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤

Spike couldn’t wait to see Buffy, and he knew it was silly. There was absolutely no way she was going to speak to him, but he was sure going to try and get her to. He needed for her to understand that he’d never meant for any of this to happen, and he desperately wanted her back. She was his destiny, and he wasn’t going to give that up easily. He’d never felt this way about another person before. When he’d asked her to marry him, he hadn’t just been shooting steam. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, and he was going to do so. When he saw her hesitate before coming to the lunch table, his heart dropped. He was afraid that she was going to turn on her heel and go the other way. She didn’t get to though, because Angel stood up to greet her.

“ Hey Buffy, come and sit down. We can make room for you. It’s the first time in history that everyone actually made it to lunch.” Buffy smiled and sat down in between Willow and Anya. Anya looked over at Buffy with a fake smile on her face and then threw her hands up in the air.

“ Okay, we should all leave so you guys can talk. It’s incredibly awkward here for absolutely everyone not involved, so we’re going to go over on the grassy area. Call us over when you’ve made up, okay?” Buffy didn’t know what to say as she watched all of her friends get up and walk away. It was the last thing that she had been expecting, but there it was. Spike chuckled nervously as the last of them settled on the grass area, far enough so they couldn’t hear anything. He started to move his things closer to her, but she held up her hands. Without giving him any warning whatsoever, she began to speak.

“ Okay, I know I overreacted at what I heard Friday, but I was hurt. It was doubled when you didn’t deny the fact that you’d kissed her. I apologize for not giving you the time to explain, but I’m giving you that option now.” Spike didn’t have to be told twice, and he wasn’t going to mess this up.

“ Buffy, I was working on a science project with that stupid bint, when she reached over, grabbed my shirt, and tried to kiss me. She succeeded in kissing me, true enough, but it was not consensual. As for the boat trip, Dru pressured my dad into letting her go. My dad is friends with her dad, and it was a big old mess. I told my dad that I had plans with you, but he told me I had a lifetime to spend with you. So...hence the me cancelling. I don’t blame you for being upset, but breaking up with me? I know how bad that must of have looked, but I never once thought you’d give me the ring back.” Buffy lowered her head and sighed.

“ Spike, I’ve always been on guard when it comes to you. We’ve had our share of fights before, but you’re like the perfect boyfriend. It’s like I’m expecting for you to mess up, and when it happened, I didn’t want to believe it. So, can we agree that we’re both sorry, you give me the ring back, we kiss, and everything be okay?” Spike looked sadly over at Buffy. She knew that he was going to tell her that he couldn’t be with someone who didn’t trust him, she just knew it! So, when the smile broke out over his face, she was more then a little surprised. He in fact did hand over the ring. He stood up from his place at the table and walked over to her. He extended his hand, and she didn’t hesitate in taking it. He bent down to kiss her, and Buffy leaned up to meet him halfway. They were wrapped in each other’s arms lost to the rest of the world, until Anya spoke behind them.

“ Come on guys, you need to wait until school is over to have your make up sex. Everyone knows that.”