Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Review and let me know what you think!!
When Buffy got out of her car, she had her hands in her pocket. She was still just slightly shocked at what had occured the night before. She took a deep breath and headed towards the school with feeling of unease in her stomach. She had home room with Willow and Cordelia. She hadn’t talked to Spike yet, and she was dying to see him. She was his fiancé! She had been so surprised that her mother had been so happy for her. When she got to class, her friends looked up at her with a smile on both of their faces. She tried to smile back at them, but she only got half of one out. Buffy sat down, and carefully hid her left hand, not wanting the ring to show. She wasn’t ready for them to know yet, and she wasn't sure why that was. These were her best friends in the world, and she was trying to keep this from them. Cordelia was the first on to talk to her.

“ Hey, did you guys make up and stuff?” Buffy smiled at them. Cordelia was one of the most blunt people she knew. She also knew no tact, to which Cordelia usually said.." tact just isn't saying truful stuff, " or something to that affect.

“ Yes, as a matter of fact, we did. He took me to that new restaurant in town. You know the one in the new hotel, I’m sorry I don’t remember the name of it.” Cordy laughed and shook her head at Buffy.

“ It must not have been to good if you don’t remember the name of it.” Buffy smiled back. The person in front of her was handing papers back to her, and without thinking, she reached for it with her left hand. Cordelia didn’t seem to catch it, but Willow sure did.

“ Oh my goodness, Buffy, is that what I think it is?!” Willow then grabbed her hand to inspect the ring. Cordelia looked back to see what the fuss was. Seeing the ring, she gasped.

“ Oh wow! He gave you a promise ring? That’s so beautiful, Buffy!” Buffy hesitated. She almost told them that it was in fact a promise ring, but she didn’t want to lie to her friends. Spike hadn’t told her that she couldn’t tell anyone, so she figured why not.

“ Actually, it’s not a promise ring, guys. He proposed to me last night.” Both Cordy’s and Willow’s mouths dropped open. Before they could say anything, the bell rang, signaling them to go to their first class. She wouldn’t be able to see any of her friends until lunch.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Spike didn’t care who knew that he was engaged to Buffy. He’d already told Oz, Xander, and Angel. They had all told him he was nuts to propose before his first year of college. He didn’t care what they thought, though. He loved Buffy, and he knew he was going to marry her. He had wanted to take her to one of the rooms in the hotel, but her mom had been very specific. In order for them to go camping, they’d had to make an early night of last night. He hadn’t wanted to let her go, but she had to go home. He couldn’t wait to see her at lunch. When he got to their usual lunch table, everyone was there, except Buffy. He sat down, and looked at everyone. Cordelia and Willow were giving him this evil look, and he didn’t understand why. Buffy finally arrived at the table with an angry expression on her face. Spike grabbed her hand, and squeezed. She looked over at him, and her face immediately softened. He had to know what the problem was.

“ What’s the matter, pet?” Buffy sighed, and leaned into him.

“ The guidance counselor called me into her office today. Apparently she heard you talking Xander about our engagement, and she wanted to know if I was pregnant. She gave me a big speech about not having to be trapped at such a young age.” Spike gaped at her, then immediately started laughing. She swatted him on his thigh, and kissed her on the neck.

“ Come on, Buff, that’s freaking hilarious!” Everyone at the table was laughing after a bit, including Buffy herself.

“ It is funny, but embarrassing. I so cannot wait until tomorrow. We’re going camping, and it’s going to be great!” They all cheered at their free weekend they were going to have.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

It was Friday afternoon, and Buffy was in her room, gathering her camping gear. Spike was supposed to pick her up in about twenty minutes. Her sister was standing in her doorway, with her arms crossed. Buffy didn’t notice her there at first, but when she did, she smiled at the younger girl.

“ What’s the matter, Dawn? You look like you’re upset about something.” Dawn sighed, and plopped herself on Buffy’s bed.

“ I can’t believe your engaged, Buffy. You’re getting married, and you’re leaving for New York. You’re going to leave and forget all about me.” Buffy couldn’t help but drop her sleeping bag she was trying to roll up. She sat down next to her sister, and wrapped her arms around her.

“ Dawn, I’m not going to forget you, okay? I love you, do you understand? I’ll never forget you.” Dawn started crying and returned her sister’s hug. In the midst of their emotions, they didn’t hear Spike enter the room.

“ Um, am I interrupting something?” Buffy looked up, and grinned at him.

“ No, just some sisterly bonding going on. Can you help me roll my sleeping bag?” Spike grinned back at her.

“ You never could roll that bloody thing up, you know that?” With Spike’s help, she gathered all of her things up, and headed for his car. He’d already picked Xander and Anya up, and they were waiting patiently in his car. Angel, Cordelia, Oz, and Willow were supposed to meet them in about fifteen minutes. Harmony’s parents refused to let her go even though she didn’t have a boyfriend. When everyone got together, they started off for their weekend of fun.