Author's Chapter Notes:
Please let me know what you think so far!
Buffy entered her house very quietly, not wanting to wake up her mom or her sister. Angel had returned her as soon as she’d woken up. Cordelia had been walking to the bathroom, so Buffy had her ask him for her. Buffy had been friends with Angel as long as she could remember, so she knew she could rely on him. Angel hadn’t even asked questions, had just gotten dressed, and drove her to her house. He’d tried to talk her into staying, even it if meant sharing a tent with someone else, but she didn’t want to ruin anyone else’s weekend. They'd been waiting on this weekend for awhile, and she wasn't going to be the party pooper. It was around six A.M. on Saturday, and Buffy was sneaking into her house. Her mom was probably going to be upset with her that she hadn’t stayed, because she was really pushing her towards Spike now. She seemed to love the idea of her getting married, which was very strange. Buffy was going to have a huge talk with Spike, because his behavior was unforgivable. She just hoped that he followed her wish in her letter. She really didn’t want him to come after her, because she just really needed to cool off for awhile. Her temper was still a little high, and her feelings still a little hurt. She was trying to go up the stairs without making any noise, when her sister stopped her.

“ Buffy, what are you doing home? I thought your camping trip was going to last until tomorrow.” Buffy smiled weakly at her little sister, not really wanting to explain anything.

“ The camping trip is lasting until tomorrow, I just came home early, is all.” Dawn tried to read Buffy’s expression, but she was careful to hide hurt. She continued up the steps, and didn’t realize that Dawn had followed her into her room.

“ Dawn, what is it? I didn’t really sleep well last night, I was hoping to catch a few hours.” She immediately felt bad for saying that, because her sister didn't deserve that. Dawn nodded at her, but sat down on her bed anyway, not taking "no" for an answer.

“ I’ll let you go to sleep in just a minute, okay? I just want to know what happened. Did you and Spike get into a fight or something? You don't look like you have nothing face, so I demand that you spill the beans to me.” Buffy sighed and flopped down on her bed.

“ Yes, as a matter of fact, we did. I can’t tell you why, kid, but let me tell you, Spike was a very big asshole.” Dawn gave Buffy a mock shocked expression.

“ You just called your future husband an asshole. Is that going to be a regular thing?” Buffy smiled at her.

“ Probably, now if you don’t mind, I’m really sleepy.” Dawn finally took her hint, and left her room. Buffy took off her jacket, and dressed for bed once again. When she climbed into her own bed, she got a huge wave of sadness. She already missed Spike, but there was no way she was going back. Buffy refused to let herself cry again, and finally drifted off to a fitful sleep.

☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹

Spike had drifted back off to sleep after reading Buffy’s note. When he woke back up, Spike sighed already feeling her absence. He quickly got dressed, and walked out of his tent. Angel, Cordelia, Anya, and Oz were already up and about. Spike set up his camping chair, and settled in without saying a word to anyone. Angel was standing over the cooler, trying to find something to eat for breakfast. When he saw Spike, he straightened, and walked over to him.

“ You’re not going to go after her?” Spike at first didn’t answer him. He really didn’t think it was any of their business what he did with his girlfriend.

“ She asked me not to, mate. She was very specific in her note that she did not want me to contact her until Monday.” Angel shook his head, and walked away from him. Cordelia, on the other hand, moved her chair closer to him.

“ She was pretty upset this morning, Spike. I’m sure she’s had time to cool off. I would definitely go after her if I were you. Besides, we were all going to go hiking, remember? We’d all be disappointed if she missed it.” Spike sighed and knew that they were right. He grinned at her, and hopped out of the chair heading towards his car. When he started up his car, Angel waved at him smiling.

When Spike pulled into Buffy’s driveway, it was after eleven. He took a deep breath and headed towards the front door. When he knocked on the door, he heard shuffling, and then giggling. It was quite a bit before Dawn finally answered the door. When she saw him, her smile instantly vanished. He didn’t care, though, he plunged ahead.

“ Hey Dawn, is Buffy up yet?” It seemed to Spike that Dawn immediately started to fidget.

“ Spike, Buffy isn’t here. She got up about an hour ago, and went to the mall with Lindsey.” It took a moment before the name registered with him. When he finally remembered that Lindsey was their cousin that was in college, he frowned.

“ Dawnie, Your cousin is in Chicago. School is still in, you know?” Dawn sighed, and moved out on the porch.

“ Okay look, she’s in her room, but she told me to tell you she wasn’t here if you showed up. She made it very clear that she didn’t want to see you until Monday at school. If I were you, Spike, I wouldn’t try to see her before then. She’s been pretty upset, you know?” Spike just nodded, and walked away without saying goodbye. He jumped back into his car, and skidded out of their driveway. When he returned back to the campsite without Buffy, no one said anything. Instead they gathered their hiking gear, and the group, including Spike, headed off on their favorite trail.