Monday morning, Buffy arrived at school at a little later than she normally did. She was trying her best to avoid Spike. She still wasn’t ready to talk to him, but she knew she’d have to at lunch. She scanned the crowd, and didn’t see any sign of him. She kept an even pace, and on the way to her home room, she didn’t encounter him. When she sat down in her chair, she breathed a sigh of relief. Cordelia looked over at her and smiled, as did Willow. Willow leaned over so she could speak to Buffy.

“ Hey Buffy, I just wanted you to know that I’m sorry.” Buffy looked at her like she was insane.

“ What are you talking about? Why are you apologizing to me?”
Willow sighed and moved closer to her.

“ I know why you and Spike got into an argument, and it’s because of me. I’m sorry if I caused a riff to form between the two of you.” Buffy waved her off, but didn’t respond to her comment. Once the bell rang, Buffy made her way to her first period class. The day seemed to drag on to her, and when the lunch bell rang, Buffy jumped out of her seat and made her way to the cafeteria. She grabbed her food, and made her way to their normal table. She was very surprised to see that Spike wasn’t among all of her friends. She hesitantly sat down among her friends, and they all glanced at her. They weren’t speaking to her, so she addressed the whole table.

“ Okay, is everyone mad at me or something?” Angel chose to be the spokes person for the group.

“ Oh absolutely not, Buffy. We were just waiting see if you were okay. We didn’t want to say the wrong thing, you know?” Buffy grinned at him.

“ That’s a relief, because I thought you’d all be terribly mad at me for bailing on you guys. I really wanted to stay, but I needed to think some things through.” It was then that she heard a familiar laugh. Buffy turned in her seat and saw Spike at a different table with another girl. Buffy recognized her from her economics class. The girl’s name was Drusilla, and Buffy hated her guts. She’d tried to break her and Spike up at one point, but Spike had told her to get lost. She turned back to her group of friends, pretending that nothing was bothering her. When she continued to act this way, Xander spoke up.

“ It’s okay to be angry, Buffy. All of us are pissed off at him. We asked him if he planned on breaking up with you, but he said no. I don’t know what’s gotten into him lately.” Buffy just shrugged her shoulders, and continued to eat her lunch. Anya, not being one to let things go, spoke up then.

“ It’s not like you’d mind, is it Buffy? I mean you’re not wearing your engagement ring today, so you must be over it.” Willow and Cordelia jerked their heads toward Buffy’s hand, and gasped. It was Cordelia who spoke, though.

“ Lord Buffy, I hope Spike doesn’t see your hand today.” Buffy scoffed at her.

“ Like it would matter, Cordy. He’s obviously busy right now.” Before anyone else could say anything, the bell rang, signaling their last class. Buffy didn’t say anything to anyone, just grabbed her tray, and left for her next class.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Spike saw her leave the cafeteria, and tried to catch up with her, but he missed her. He’d gone over to talk to Drusilla about their science project. He really couldn’t stand the silly bint, but he had to work with her. He’d been looking for her, so he could talk to her, and he must have missed her. He sighed and continued to his last class. If he didn’t see her after school, he was going to stop by her house. When he got to his class, Xander was already there. He was giving him an evil look, causing Spike to look at him with a confused expression. When he continued to look at him like that, and not speak to him, he slammed his notebook down.

“ What the hell is your problem, Harris?!” Xander snickered at him.

“ My problem? You’re the one with the problem, Spike. Why did you even propose to her, if you you’re going to act like a dick to her?” After asking this question, he didn’t wait for an answer, just turned around in his seat. Spike couldn’t believe what he was saying.

After school Spike didn’t see Buffy, she must have gone straight home. He hopped in his car, and headed over to her house. When he got there, her car was parked in the driveway, just as he suspected. He knocked on the door, and Joyce answered the door. She smiled at him when she saw him, and moved aside so he could go in. He smiled politely back to her, and headed to Buffy’s room. When he got there, the door was closed. He took a deep breath, and knocked on her door. When the door swung open, Buffy was standing in the doorway with a pissed off expression on her face. She didn’t say anything, just moved aside so he could enter her room.

“ What can I do for you, Spike?” Spike sighed, and sat down in the chair at her desk.

“ I’m sorry I missed you at lunch today. I was looking for you, but I had to talk to Drusilla about our bloody science project. I came over here so we could talk. Is that alright with you?” Buffy sighed, sat down on her bed. Spike glanced at her left hand, and saw that she was still wearing her ring. That was a great comfort to him, and he grinned at her.

“ I’m really sorry, Buffy. I was a horse’s ass, and I admit it openly.” Buffy tried to keep a straight face, so Spike continued.

“ I was a horrible person, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.” He became more dramatic with each word, and finally ended up on his knees in front of her.

“ BUFFY, I WILL SIMPLY PERISH IF YOU DON’T SEE FIT TO FORGIVE ME! PLEASE, LOVE, I’LL DIE WITHOUT YOU!” Buffy ended up in a fit of giggles on her bed.

“ Spike, please get up!” He couldn’t help but grin at her, and h e did stand up. She grabbed his hand, and pulled him onto the bed with her.

“ I forgive you, Spike, but you have to promise to never do that again.” Spike stood up and crossed his heart. After doing this, he knelt in front of her again.

“ Oh, on my honor, Ms. Summers, I vow to be a perfect gentleman when it comes to you.” Buffy giggled once more, and grabbed by the face, and started to kiss him passionately.