Author's Chapter Notes:
Please review and let me know what you think!
Buffy could tell that Dawn really didn’t want to go over to Spike’s house, but she’d just have to get over it. She really needed to talk to him, and tell him that she was sorry. She’d just had a bunch of things on her mind, and their anniversary hadn't occured to her. She hadn’t forgotten to get him a present or anything, it was just for some reason, she’d forgotten on the day. That was so typical of Buffy, too. It seemed to her lately, she’d been slipping. It was as if she was trying to sabotage their relationship, but as soon as she thought that, she knew it was rediculous. She knew that long distance relationships never worked, but she loved Spike so much. She still didn’t understand why he hadn’t applied to NYU. When they go to his house, his car was there, so Buffy immediately jumped out of the car. She stopped briefly to tell Dawn that she wouldn’t be long. Dawn just glared at her, and Buffy went to knock on the door. Dawn hated it when she made them stop here, because she always took forever. Spike’s mom, Jenny Baxter answered the door, and smiled when she saw Buffy. She was used to her coming over for visits by now.

“ Hi Buffy, how are you doing today?” Buffy smiled back at her. She really liked her.

“ I’m okay, Mrs. Baxter. Is Spike in his room?” Jenny nodded.

“ He’s in there alright, but I don’t know if you want to go in there or not. He came slamming into the house today, and he seems to be very upset about something. Did you two get into a fight again?” Buffy lowered her gaze from his mother’s knowing gaze. It was so weird that she always knew when they were on the outs. It's not like Spike ever hid the fact that he was angry, but still.

“ Something like that. Is it alright if I go on up?” Jenny smiled at Buffy and motioned for her to go ahead. She didn't care that Buffy was up in his room all the time, because she trusted them for some reason. Buffy ran up the steps leading to Spike’s room. She stopped outside of the door, and took a deep breath, because she was nervous about how angry he really was. She was about to knock on the door, when it was swung open. Spike was standing in front her, with the same hard expression that she’d seen earlier. He was the first one to speak.

“ Are you going to just stand there, or are you going to come in?” Buffy didn’t say anything, she just walked forward into his room. She didn't really mind that he was snippy with her, because she really deserved it. She'd have been just as angry with him if he'd forgotten it. When she walked in the room, she sat down on his bed. Spike closed the door quietly, and stayed standing up. He didn’t say anything else, and it was up to Buffy to smooth things over. He wasn't going to let her off the hook just because she was beautiful and pouting at him. Although, her pout usually did do him in. She stood back up, and walked over to him. She took his hand, and he didn’t take it back, so she took that as a good sign. She could tell that he was already wearing down, because any other time, he'd have snatched his hand out of her grasp.

“ Spike, I’m sorry. I didn’t forget that today was our anniversary. Okay, maybe I may have for a split second, but you left without even talking to me. How am I supposed to make things better, when you won't let me explain?” She let go of his hand, and wrapped her arms around his neck. He moved closer, so she could get a better grip on him. Without realizing it, he wrapped his arms around her, causing Buffy to smile up at him. It was in that particular moment, that she knew she had him.

“ Spike I love you, and I can’t wait until tonight. I'm sorry if I made you think I didn't care, because you know I do. Do you forgive me?” Spike couldn’t stay mad at her. It was as if she possessed some kind of magic that made his anger immediately disappear. He grinned and tightened his grip.

“ Of course I forgive you. I’m sorry too, you know. I was so upset at the thought that you’d forgotten, I had to get away.” After he said this, he bent his head to lightly kiss her on the mouth. Buffy sighed, and moved closer to him. The kiss soon deepened causing them to move to the bed.

Spike gently lowered Buffy onto the bed, and moved on top of her. He broke the kiss, so he could kiss her neck. Buffy moaned softly as he did this. He moved the kiss lower, until he was about to raise her shirt above her head. Buffy then remembered that she had her sister waiting in the car for her. She jumped off of the bed, leaving Spike to groan with frustration. She smiled apologetically at him.

“ I’m sorry, but Dawn is in the car. If we start this, we’d probably miss our reservations.” Her statement caused Spike to grin at her.

“ Your not kidding, not to mention that me mum is home, and you my sweet, do not know how to be quiet.” Buffy play slapped him, and kissed him one last time.

“ I’ll see you tonight, okay?” Spike stood up, and embraced her in a big hug.

“ I can hardly wait. I love you, Buffy.” Buffy didn’t want to let him go. She loved him so much that she hurt with it. She sighed, and moved out of his embrace.

“ I love you, too, spike.” After stating this, she walked out of his room, and out to her car with a huge smile on her face. When Dawn saw her, she couldn’t help but giggle at her face.

“ Buffy, do you know how cute you are when it comes to Spike?” Buffy looked over at sister, not taking offense.

“ I don’t know how to explain it, Dawnie, but that boy just gets to me.” Dawn smiled at her sister.

“ Believe me, I know what you mean.” With that, Buffy pulled out of Spike’s driveway, and made her way to her own house.