Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been so long - updates should be coming more fast and frequent now I'm back :)
Part Five





"What are you doing?" Angelus asked from his position, leaning against the door frame. He watched the Slayer, who was dressed only in tight hot-pants and a training bra, pushed up and came down, pushed up and came down, pushed up and came down, pushed up...



"What does it look like?" Buffy asked, turning her head to shoot him a scowl. "I'm exercising."



"Why, Buff, you gotta great body." Angelus said, moving to sit directly in front of her. He watched the way her breasts bounced with each push-up and smirked.



"Habit, I guess." Buffy answered absently, ignoring the smirk.



*Just ignore him, ignore him, ignore him...*



"I can think of a better way to keep in shape." Angelus stated with a lewd smile and he reached out a hand to stroke her hair.



Buffy scrunched up her nose and shot her feet out in front of her, kicking the older vampire away as she began on her back dips.



Angelus growled and pounced on her, falling flat on top of her and knocking the proverbial air out of her. Buffy snarled at him and pushed at his shoulders, but he'd pinned her tightly. Moments before she kicked him in the balls, they both heard Spike's growl rumble around the room. Buffy got up quickly and Angelus rolled off her, curling into a ball as immense pain radiated from his groin.



Buffy crossed over to Spike who stood with his fists clenched at his sides as he continued growling at his sire. She touched his shoulder gently, and gasped when he flinched from her touch.



"Spike?" She whispered and stood shocked as his angry gaze moved to her teary eyes. With a short growl at her, he stormed out of the room.



Buffy stood shocked for a minute before running after him. She just caught sight of the front door slamming shut. She rushed to it, swinging it open and ran out after him.



"Spike!" She shouted, unknowing that she was dangerously close to a large stretch of sunlight.



He stopped, and turned around glaring at her. "What?"



"Where are you going? It’s not what you think." She exclaimed, stepping ever closer to her death.



Spike snorted, "Really and what exactly was him lying on top of you, pet? Preparation for the main event?" He asked viciously.



"Spike! How can you think that?" Tears filled her eyes, not knowing how he couldn't trust her.



"Whatever, Slayer. Go back to your lap-dog." He turned, not wanting to see her cry and walked further out into the sun, the Gem of Amara keeping him safe.



"Spike!" Buffy cried again, running after him. She entered the sunlight and moments later let loose an unearthly snarl as pain shot through her body, blinding her and preventing her from moving as she began to burn.



Spike turned quickly at her growl of pain and his eyes bugged. He watched, horrified as the fire quickly spread over her flammable body and he rushed forward.



"Buffy!" He exclaimed, grabbing her from the sunlight and running to the safety of the shade.



The vampire burst through the front doors, vamped Slayer in arms, and rushed to the nearest bathroom. The fire had stopped but now her arms, stomach, calves and half her face and neck were covered in burns.



He carefully placed her in the bath, loosing control over his human face at the pain-filled whimpers emanating from his lover. He quickly turned on the shower, carefully allowing the cold spray to sooth the burns.



Twenty minutes later, when he could see the smaller burns healing he shut off the spray and gently lifted her, carrying her into thier bedroom. He laid her now unconscious body on the bed and moved himself to the cupboard, retrieving the first aid type kit he still kept from when he'd been in the wheelchair.



Glad that she was unconscious, he gently, and with the up-most care, wrapped her wounds. The wounds on her face, neck, right arm and both her legs had already healed with the combined healing powers' of a Slayer and Master Vampire's childe. But the more vicious wounds on her left arm and on her stomach had to be wrapped but should be gone in a day or so.



Once she was bandaged up Spike replaced the box, and then returned to the bed. He stood by it and sighed, running a weary hand through his hair. He crossed to her side and lifted her gently, placing her under the covers. Sighing once again he slipped into the bed next to her, pulling her carefully into his arms.



***



"Ow!" Buffy murmured as she regained consciousness. Her right hand moved, gingerly pressing against the sore burn on her stomach. Her eyes moved down as she felt a bandage covering her, and she smiled at the pale hand with black nail varnish she found next to hers.



She moved her hand to entwine thier fingers and her senses slowly became aware of the cool body behind her. She slipped one of her legs in between his and pulled him closer to her, sighing as tears of relief slipped down her cheeks. He hadn't left her, it was okay. Well, in a 'She was badly burnt but Spike hadn't run back to the Ho' kinda way.



She heard Spike inhale deeply as he woke up. She smiled as she recognised his morning routine; his body stretched away slightly before curling around her closer than before. He rubbed his head against hers, absently kissing her neck gently.



"Spike?" Buffy whispered, her voice timid and submissive - a tone no-one had heard from her in a very long time, especially not Spike. "I'm...I'm really s-sorry..."



Kissing her neck again, Spike spoke quietly by her ear, "Its okay, love." He could feel the tension in her body slip away at his words and he smiled when she spoke.



"I love you." She whispered, moving slowly on to her back. He leant down and kissed her. As their lips met, a quiet purr escaped Buffy's mouth, unbidden. Spike smiled against her lips, brushing his tongue against her lower lip; begging passage. Her mouth opened immediately, tenderly pulling his tongue into her mouth - allowing him to explore.



Tears filled her eyes as relief filled her body. They streamed down from underneath her tightly closed lids, mingling with the kiss. Spike broke the kiss, holding her head with both hands as his thumbs brushed away the tears. Her eyes were still closed, tears still falling from them. He gently kissed her lips.



"Baby, shhh..." He murmured, kissing her softly once more. "Don't cry, my love."



Buffy turned her head to the side, attempting to curl up into a ball as the tears just kept on coming. Spike moved off her and to her side, pulling her straight back into his arms. He could only make out strands of sentences, "I'm sorry....thought you'd go back to her.....please....I'm sorry..."



"Pet, stop it, shush..." Spike whispered into her hair, wrapping his arms around her tighter. "I came back for you.....I love you."



Buffy raised a hand, flicking her hair over her shoulder. Spike frowned but moved his head back slightly, brushing the remainder of her hair across her back.



Automatically attempting to make her more comfortable.



She tilted her neck in offering and Spike finally understood what she wanted. He kissed her neck gently, his hand moving back around her waist. It slowly slid up her body, cupping her breast. His face changed and he licked a delicate path along her neck, before biting down on her jugular. Buffy hissed his name in pleasure and rubbed her hips back into his.



Almost immediately, Spike extracted his fangs from her neck. Licking and kissing over his bite as he listened to his mate purr loudly. "You're mine, Buffy. My mate, my childe, my Slayer, my Buffy, mine."



"Yours." Buffy quietly agreed as she came down slowly from her vampiric high. He hadn't left her - the vampire way either. He'd marked her as his. It was gonna be alright.



"Make love with me, Buffy." She heard Spike whisper near her neck and she smiled turning on her back as he moved over her, pulling his already moving lips down to hers faster.



TBC....
A/N: Please do review :D