Author's Chapter Notes:
Beta: Spuffy_Noelle *hugs tightly*
Banner: by cursedsaints
A/N: Special thanks to my friends anja25ive and Cordykitten for all their help and support.
A/N2: This is one of my German-Story's. A one shot. It has a sequel of 10 chapters. I'm not a native speaker. Please be gentle, if something sounds to German. Hope you like it :-)


South of the border


It was 5 p.m.
Her hands became damp and she wiped them nervously on her black dress.
He would come now.
Every single day for a year. He was there. He would be there on Sundays if the library wasn't closed.

She felt him when he stepped by the door.
There he was. She just raised her head and looked at him.

His steps were so strong and dynamic.

Fascinated she watched him passing through the library to one of the harvest tables in a direct beeline to her desk. He sat down.
No, he didn't sit down he lounged into the chair!
There he would stay until the library closed.

As usual.
She gave him a look, secretly, like she did every time. She could hardly take her eyes off his platinum blonde hair, which he did in a spikey way.
He attracted attention and wanted to stand out.
That was for sure.

He wore completely black clothes; black boots, black Jeans, a black button down shirt, a long black leather coat, which fell to his lower legs and always blew theatrically behind him as he walked.
For a man he wore an exceptional amount of jewelry.
Several silver chains lay around his neck, his hands adorned with broad silver rings and he wore a piercing ring in his right eyebrow.
She didn't like piercings, but she loved it on him.
Suddenly he turned his face in her direction and she immediately bowed her head.

Embarrassed like a little child, who was caught with forbidden sweets, she blushed.
She tried to look busy.
In any case he should think of her as the small gray Librarian mouse, the one that gazed adoringly at him.
No, that would be too awkward.
She really didn't want to make herself look ridiculous.

He was definitely one of those guys who only had to snap his fingers and the prettiest women flew directly in his arms.
Beautiful women, not gray mice like her.
Long ago she already understood that she was ugly.
Her face lifted up with a saddened expression.
She thought of her far too narrow body, which seemed to drown in the folds of her black, loose hanging dress.
One of her few girl friends once described her as 'morbidly thin' and she was right.
Her hair had this boring color, ranging between a gray and ash-blond, and was pinned in a strict bun to the back of her head.

She was always without make-up. Oversized glasses hid her eyes and sat far in front of her ugly deformed nose.
Her tits weren't worth mentioning.
Oh no, a man like him, didn't really see her.
She knew this and she had learned to live with it and not make any illusions to herself about it for a long time.
With a big sigh she looked again at the screen of the computer in front of her and tried to catalog some new books.
She was absorbed in her work and didn't notice how fast the time went by.
Somebody suddenly cleared his throat next to her.
Frightened she raised her head and looked directly into two blue eyes, which were surrounded by the most handsome face that she had ever seen.

She tore her eyes away from him and looked at her watch.
It was already time to close.
She raised her head again and looked around the library.
There was nobody else in the library.
Nobody... apart from him.
"What can I do for you?" She asked him in her usual librarian jargon.
"I wanted to give these books back."
He handed her a bunch of bound works of Shakespeare.
He read many of these volumes.
This was one of the little things she admired in him.
She raised her arms and took the books.
Her hands accidentally touched his fingers.
He had warm, soft hands.
A shiver ran through her body and she stepped back in embarrassment.
"Everything all right?" he asked her.

He had such a dark and velvety voice; it seemed to calm and excite her at the same time.
She hadn't understood the meaning of his words at all; she was still so shaken from the sensation that the touch of his hands had caused.
She nodded fast and packed the books under the desk.
When she rose again, he was gone.
That was exactly what she had expected.
Gladly, and also disappointed, she left her desk.
Just when she started to walk down the two steps, she realized that he hadn't gone anywhere.
He stood directly in front of her.
He bent his head to the right side and lowered his eyelids.
One moment later, when he reopened his eyes again completely, he let his gaze glide over her neck and chest before he scrutinized her face.
His lips opened.
The atmosphere seemed to change suddenly.
She stumbled backward and fell into her chair.
He managed to make her feel completely insecure.
He followed her and stood directly in front of her.
She took a deep breath and asked him shyly: "What do you want?"

"I always wanted to know who hides behind these glasses", he answered as his hand rose to her glasses to pull them off and lay it on the desk behind them.
Again a shiver ran through her. "Y... you really can't do this!?" she whispered breathlessly.
"No? Are you sure about that? Let me tell you, I can do much more if I want. What's the matter with this hair? What does it look like down? Let's take a look..." without waiting for her agreement he gripped her head and with skillful hands undid the strict knot at the back of her head.
Cascades of dark blond hair fell over her back.
He sank his hands into the long strands, loosening and distributing them over her shoulders.

"Hm...", the grin on his lips was now almost wolfish. Her whole body trembled. She couldn't fight against his touches; he had a magical appeal on her.

She felt paralyzed and let him continue.
He leaned his head down to her.
'Oh my god, he wants to kiss me!' The thought shot through her head before it actually happened.
And in the next second she felt his lips pressed against hers.
She suddenly felt a wonderful sensory pleasure rush through her.
Her blood seemed to flow hot through her veins. He tasted like leather and smoke and a little something that she couldn't define.

She sighed.
It was a small sound of astonishment, a very feminine sound and a very happy one.
He raised his head and kissed her chin right to her neck.
He gently stroked her back.
Then he let his hand wander back to her waist.
She let it happen.
She didn't try to escape him.
She put his head to her neck, practically begging him to kiss her again.
She was passive, letting him do what he wanted to, letting it happened to her.
He started kissing her once more.
His tongue drove over her lips till they opened.
He caressed, flattered, pushed.
Like fire, a passionate desire flared up in her.

He let his hands glide up, stopped first when his fingers had almost achieved the gentle curve of her breasts.
She bent back the upper part of her body.
He easily stroked his fingertips over the underside of her breasts.
She had no idea how to behave.
Her lack of experience stopped her from trying anything.
She didn't know what to with her hands while a man kissed her.
The only thing she felt confident about was this strange longing, which was taking possession of her more and more and waking ideas in her she had until now only read about.

She was a bookworm. In theory she knew everything but reality seemed completely different now.
Gently he pulled her out of the chair and put her on the desk. He pushed her skirt back to the beginning of her legs.
She lifted her butt and he pulled the dress over her head.
She didn't feel ashamed; everything seemed so natural to her.
He made a strange sound and suddenly pressed her to him so closely that her breasts were pushing against his ribs.
Once more his mouth took possession of hers.
His tongue found the way to the inside of her mouth, investigating every single corner.
She couldn't get enough of his wonderful, intoxicating taste.
Every part of her body reacted to his passionate touches.
She felt like she was walking in the clouds.

He put an arm around her waist. Immediately she leaned back, till her abdomen touched his.

She opened her eyes. Her look begged for more caresses.
He replied with pressure on her abdomen.
She could feel how excited he was.
She sighed.
Full of pleasure.
There wasn't any other way to describe it.
Finally he let his hand wander to her chest.
His mouth followed his fingers and tenderly he took the erected nipple of her left breast into his mouth.
He sucked it through the thin material of her undershirt.
She moaned.
She pushed her boobs closer to him.
She trembled.

"Miss?", a voice suddenly called. "Hello? Miss? Is everything alright? Hello?
Miss?"
Far away she heard his voice. He called her again and again.
She raised her head and opened her eyes.
She looked into his blues which questioningly looked down at her.
Slowly she recovered from the strange dream she had fallen to.
She recovered from a dream she hadn't known she was in until a few seconds ago.
She nervously touched her face, her skin felt strangely strange.
Through her examination she remarked that she wore her glasses again. She glanced at the computer screen and imposed fast that thousand rows of 'mmm's' decorated the desktop.

She was dressed and her hair was fastened in a strict bun to the back of the head again.
This all seemed very strange to her, but he was the strangest.
He stood in front of her desk, not in between her legs.
Carelessly he looked down to her and called again and again: "Miss, please, answer me or shall I call a doctor?"

'Oh my God, fell asleep!' This thought drove like a brainwave through her skull. 'It was only a dream!'

With the knowledge of her mishap a deep redness was presently covering her face.
Oh, it was so embarrassing for her.
He caught her asleep at work.
And her dream?
Oh no, how degrading would it be if he knew what she had dreamt?
Everything had been so realistic.
She would die if he knew it.
She exhaled deeply and tried to calm down.
He couldn't know anything.

'Right, he definitely doesn't know anything. He isn't a mind reader.
There aren't any mind readers on this whole planet, you silly cow... Phew, I'm really glad there aren't any mind readers.'

By her confused trains of thought she relieved herself and calmed down visibly.
Finally she felt she was in a condition to answer him: "Thank you... everything is OK... No, no... no doctor, please. I... I... must have fallen asleep. Excuse me. Can... can I help you in any way?"

He glanced at her and pulled up his right eyebrow with the piercing.

"No, I worried because I didn't see you any more.
When I looked at you and saw your head on the desk, I was afraid and thought you might be ill or something like that."
"Oh, no. I'm fine. Thank you very much and please excuse me."
"You don't need to apologize in any way. You simply work too much. This can happen to everybody sometimes." He gave her an understanding smile.

"Yes, that's it, definitely, that is it. "Thank you ", she looked up shyly and glanced at him once again. She then cleared her throat and pretended to be buried in the books in front of her
She still didn't know what she should say to him and hoped he would go away if she acted busy,
although she would regret it when he did.

"Well, yes, I see you are busy.. I... go then!" pointing the thumb over the shoulder, he indicated behind to the exit door of the library. "Maybe... Bye then!" he said as he turned around.
She whispered a soft 'goodbye' to him.
Before he disappeared through the door, he looked into her direction once again.
Are you sure that everything is all right?"
"Yes, I am." She really had to laugh now and was touched by his anxiety. "Don't worry about me."
He nodded and left with fast steps the library.

A sigh ran out of her. She felt a sorrow that everything was only a dream. Minutes later, she couldn't stop to think about it as she slipped into her coat. She locked the big doors of the university library, bowed her head and lowered her shoulders as she made her way home

She already looked forward to the ready microwave meal that she planned to eat tonight.
She was nearly at the exit of the university building when something caught her attention. Something forced her to do it. Something inside her felt it.
He leaned against the wall with crossed legs, a burning cigarette between his fingers and the other hand in his coat pocket.

In that moment she wished she could make herself invisible. She hurried up keeping her eyes on the ground.
If she pretended that she didn't see him, maybe she could pass him, without him speaking to her.
Why was he still there?
She accelerated her steps and pulled up her shoulders like she wanted to hide her head in her body like a turtle.
When she was close to him and a little piece of hope grew up in her that she could pass him undiscovered like she was invisible, he cleared his throat:
"Uhh, Miss?"

She froze.
Her heartbeat raced so much that she could hear the roaring of her blood in her ears, as it were pumped in Formula 1 speed through her body.
From below she looked anxiously to him.
"Do you mean me? Is there anything else?"
She blushed again, so hot it nearly burned.
She cursed herself that she had the inclination.
"I just thought...if you have some time... I.. I... I heard somewhere that coffee is the best protection for not taking an unwanted nap."

"Huh?? What? What have you heard?"

"Yes and I thought, perhaps you... really, only if you want to... maybe you would like to drink a cup of coffee with me in this little university coffeehouse?"

She suddenly remarked that his hand with the cigarette in it trembled.
And that his cheeks were covered with a soft redness.
She could see the excitement in his marvelous blue eyes. She recognized that she wasn't the only one who suffered in shyness.
How could such a man, looking excellent and splendid like him, be so shy?
How much courage did he need to give her this little invitation? Never, ever would she do this.

"I appreciate this." She answered and gave him a timidly smile.

"You would like to!" He repeated her answer quietly like he didn't understand what she had answered.

Immediately his face was covered with a bright smile. He pushed himself off the wall and together they left the university building.

On the stairs he looked down to her and said. "By the way, I'm Spike."

The End

Comments are welcome. :) I hope you'll like it.
Indiansummer