Prologue

The rain pelted them endlessly, its soft thrumming over taken by the clash of swords, claws and teeth as well as the roars and battle cries of the various demons that crowded the alley. Bodies lay all over the place along side with the dying and wounded.

But through it all, three held their own, two half breeds and an imprison demon god. Bloodied and beaten, they still fought with everything they had against the onslaught of demons still coming after them.

Any sane person could see that this was a battle to the death, and basically anyone would have to be suicidal to even think of entering the field. But that didn't stop the two people standing on top of one of the building from preparing to enter the fray.

"Wow, this is huge." a girl with black hair and purple streaks said, an oversized axe in her hands said. She looked over at her male companion. "You didn't mention that it was going to be THIS big."

"Yeah, well I wasn't exactly myself those two days darling." he replied, as he twirled to large knives in his hands. His black hair was plastered against his skull and into his eyes. He brushed them back. "Visions aren't like cotton candy or marshmallows, Rose. They hurt like sanguinoso inferno."

"It was your bloody luck to get them." the girl, Rose, said with a smirk. "I told you not to kill that seer Cris but noooo--"

A high pitched screech cut her off as something large with wings dived at them. Cris grabbed her and pulled her down, covering her body with his as the dragon snapped its razor sharp teeth at them before flying up to prepare for another dive.

"Bloody hell! Was that a dragon?!" Rose yelled in surprise as she watched it fly off.

"Looks like." Cris answered from above her. He rolled off her as she quickly climbed up and help him to his feet. "Listen Rose, this is a major battle between us and the major players in the other dimension. I think---"

"Finish it and I'll throw you off this building, Cristoforo." Rose threatened before she pulled him down in a kiss. She pulled back after a moment, their lips barely touching as she stared into his golden eyes with her blue ones. "I told you before, I'm not going anywhere without you alright?"

Cris gave in, especially since she used his full name and nodded, holding the love of his immortal life in his arms. If he died tonight, just knowing that he had her love would be worth it. And if he didn't, then he would be expecting to be imprisoned in the bedroom for the next week.

"Okay then." Rose sighed, looking down at the battle below. "Let's go save my idiot cousin and my damnable sire from certain doom."

With a war cry, they jumped off the building and entered the fray, swinging their sharp weapons and hard kicks. Rose took the heads off of the first few demons within reach as Cris cleaved several others in half. Within minutes, they were wet with blood as much as they were drenched with rain.

It was Illyria who spotted them first, having mistaken Rose and Cris for attackers. She pummeled Cris before throwing him to the side and she had nearly taken Rose's head off when Spike stopped her.

"Rose?!" Spike stared at Rose, his hand on Illyria's shoulder.

"Hey Cousin!" she gasped through Illyria's tight grip on her throat.

"Let her go." Spike said to Illyria.

To say that he was surprised would have been an understatement. But he didn't get a chance to really comment or say 'Bloody hell!' when he was whacked on the back of the head with a large axe.

"Spike!" he heard Rose scream faintly. He could hear her calling to him, telling him to get his ass up and fight but eventually that faded. His last thoughts were that he finally proved himself worthy of Her love.

"Oh no." Rose muttered, rolling Spike over on his back. "Oh no, oh no, shit!"

"Cris, change of plans!" she yelled over the noise.

Rose went to his side instantly as Illyria and Cris fought to protect them. She pulled Spike to his feet, holding up and leading him to the side where Gunn laid, clutching his stomach wound, barely able to move. "Watch him for me." she said to Gunn. "I'll be right back."

She went back into the fight to look for Angel. It took a couple more minutes to find him. He was facing off against a giant of a demon with large bull horns on its head with only a sword. Rose rolled her eyes at his stupidity. As if a sword would be enough to go against a Ga'zzstrykl.

But she had to admit, as she watched him slice and stab at the demon, nimbly dodging the blows and slashes, he was a pretty good fighter. She waited until the demon turned away from her, before climbing on the demon's ridged back and made her way to its head. From there, as it tried to reach up and grab her, she swung her blessed axe down repeatedly on its neck. It screamed a death cry and fell forward, crushing the other smaller demons.

She sat there for a second, posing for Angel who leaned against the alley wall nearby tired and covered with mud and blood. He stared at her in surprise, having thought she was dust and gone many decades ago.

"Hey Sire." she said sweetly. "Long time no see eh?"

"What--what are you doing here?"

"Saving your pathetic ass." Rose said, jumping off the demon carcass. "You and I have some unsettled business to deal with." She twirled around, beheading a demon with wicked sized claws that was sneaking up behind her with her axed before facing Angel again. "But not now. Come on!!"

She turned around and started fighting her way back to Spike and the others with Angel right next to her. Cris ran to her side instantly, checking to see if she sustained any injuries. Seeing that she only had a cut on her arm, he let her go and turned to Angel.

"Angelus." he nodded.

"What's going on?" Angel asked, looking to Gunn and Illyria for answers. "And where is Spike?"

"H-he's down and out for the count." Gunn stuttered, his face deathly pale as blood continued to seep from his stomach wound. "And I-I think I might be too."

A flash of alarm went through Angel at the thought of losing another one of his team tonight. First Fred then Cordy now Wesley and Gunn? Angel growled and his eyes flashed gold before he was grabbed by the shoulder and whirled around. An unyielding Rose stood her hands on her hips as Cris and Illyria fought behind her.

"Don't go runnin' off now Angelus." she said, holding out her hands. "The climax is almost here." She pointed upwards. Bright lights of silver fell from the sky, exploding into sparks as they hit the ground and the demons. It became blinding and hot, forcing Angel to cover his eyes and fall to the ground as he and the gang were overcome by the pure light.

"You think you know what's coming---you have no idea."