Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm really sorry for being gone for so long. But I'm back with some more chappies.
Chapter 11 : Girl Talk

===========

Angel, Spike, Rose and Illyria gathered in the kitchen, preparing for another night of business. Angel got a new case and with Illyria and Spike, they were going out to investigate. This left Rose alone to watch the phones, take new cases and to guard their guest downstairs.

"Come on!" Rose pouted as she followed Angel around the kitchen as he walked to the microwave. "I can be some help. Why not let Illyria guard the Slayer downstairs? She can do it way better than me. Not to mention, if the Slayer tries to escape, she can take her out easy. If you remember, I got my ass handed to me by those Slayers."

"I do not want to watch a child." Illyria said, chomping on a cold steak. "I am Illyria, god king. I fight whom I wish."

"How many times do I have to tell you? No!" Angel said, putting his mug of blood in the microwave and set the timer. "You got into a fight last night---"

“They jumped me!!” Rose protested.

"And you're the reason we have a Slayer downstairs." Angel finished. "She's your responsibility until we figure out a way to let her go without calling a mob of Slayers on us."

"Spike!" Rose turned to her cousin. "Help me out here."

"You heard the man. Suck it up and go feed her." Spike said, drinking from his mug. "And only feed her. That cage is for her as it is for you."

"What? It’s not like I’m gonna bite her. Last night was a total fluke and only to save Spike, in fact just thinking about biting humans makes my stomach all rumbley.” At Angel’s raised eyebrow she threw up her arms in defeat. “Fine! But if she stakes me, I'm so coming back from Hell to haunt the three of you." She grabbed the tray of food they made for the girl and walked to the door leading to the basement. She slammed open the door, letting it bang against the wall to announce her presence.

She stomped down the stairs and stopped on the last step, looking at the cell the Slayer was in.

When they first brought the Slayer down here, Rose asked why they had a cell in the basement. Spike joked about Angel being into some kind of kinky fetish, which made Angel stutter as he denied the accusations. But it was really because they needed a cell to lock Angel in when he became Angelus last year. That raised some questions that Angel said he would get into later after they locked the Slayer up.

Which they never did.

"So, you feeling peckish luv?" Rose asked the girl. "I'm Rose, the really good and souled vampire. I’m not here to suck your blood…again. And did I say how sorry I was for that?"

The Slayer glared at her from the cot they provided, angry at being locked up. She sat with her back against the wall, her legs pulled up to her chest. She tried breaking out but the bars held fast. She spent hours trying to plan her escape and so far she had nothing. She was a prisoner to the vampires and that unknown demon woman.

"I'm not hungry." she snapped, from her spot at the back of the cell.

"Oh come on." Rose said with a forced smile. "You have to eat. A growing girl like yourself. I bet you’re starving."

Rose walked towards the cell and stopped a few feet from the bars. The floor was littered with three other trays, filled with food. The girl didn't eat what they gave her. They tried various foods but still it remained untouched. Well, not exactly. The Slayer tended to use some of the food as projectile as Spike could attest. He came up one time covered with mash and peas. It was when they decided that prepackaged meals would be ideal.

"Listen, we're not trying to poison you and anything. We want you to get better. I'm sorry that I bit you but you were attacking my Spike and---well it made me mad." Rose explained as she set the tray down on the floor and slid it towards the cell with her foot. It stopped at the bars, the chips and packaged sandwich falling over. Rose reached into her pocket and pulled out a soda can. "He's my cousin. And he happens to be my Sire as well. So really if you think about it, I was really only trying to protect family."

She rolled the can towards the Slayer. "Here. You have to try this drink. It's so sweet and bubbly! And it tastes like, well I don't know what it tastes like but its soo good."

The Slayer walked over and picked up the soda, looking it over before popping the top. She took a long drink from it, coughing afterwards. "Whoa! Take it easy there." Rose said. "Don't want you to kill yourself or anything."

"I'll be sure to kill you before I die." the girl said between coughs.

Rose sighed before smirking. "I swear you Slayers have that written one liner written down somewhere. That's what the other girls said too. But look! Still here." She threw her arms open to prove that fact.

"They'll come for me, the other Slayers. They'll have teams out right now looking for me. The Watchers will have done locator spells and---"

"Oh those won’t work." Rose said, interrupting the Slayer. "See the marks on the wall." She pointed to the black scribbles on the walls and around the doors. "Those are spells. They keep this place hidden from any spells, magic and unwanted demons. They're all over the building, around every doorway, every window, from top to bottom. We don't exist in the magic world so there's no way anyone can find you unless they stumble on this building by accident."

The Slayer felt her stomach drop as the vampire turned around and headed up the stairs. Spells? Her sister Slayers wouldn't be able to find here locked up in the cell? It’s not like they knew where she was, and she had been unconscious when they brought her here so she didn’t even know.

"Wait!" she yelled. Rose stopped near the top of the stairs. "Just let me go. I won't tell anyone where you are. I swear nothing bad will happen to you."

Rose gave her a sad smile. "I would. I really would but I can't trust you. You could leave and hold that secret for as long as you wanted. But you still think of us as soulless vampires when we aren't. So really---how long before an army of Slayers are sent on us?" Rose asked. When the girl didn't answer, Rose nodded and continued up the stairs. “I’ll bring down a TV set for you later so you won’t be bored.”

Rose reached the top of the stairs and paused when she saw Spike waiting for her outside in the hallway. “What? You want to rub my total lack of gain with Angel in my face?” she asked as she walked the rest of the way out, shutting the door and leaned against it, her arms crossed.

“No. I didn’t want to leave it like that.” Spike said with a shrug. “Angel’s a poof; don’t let him get you down.”

“Like I care.” Rose sniffed, looking away.

“You do, deny it all you like. You care because you want him to like you.” Spike said, caressing her cheek with the back of his hand. “That’s why you have to forgive him. It’s good for the soul. Or so I here.”

“He doesn’t trust me. It’s like he treats me like some kind of rock tied to his neck, weighting him down.” Rose said, looking at Spike. “I don’t get it.”

“He treats everything like that. Makes it all the more fun when we pester him about it. We also like to call him names and joke about his ridiculous gelled hair and big forehead.” Spike said with a smile. Rose smiled as well. “Ah there she is.”

“SPIKE!” Angel yelled from the lobby.

“Gotta go.” Spike said, kissing Rose on the cheek. “Have fun yeah?”

“Same to you.’ Rose said, following him out to the lobby. She watched them leave, before sighing and headed for the office to man the phones.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

A few hours later it found Rose bounced the green tennis ball against the wall in Angel’s office, spinning in his chair and catching it when it came back. It became a game to see how many spins she could get before catching the ball. So far she was up to four spins.

Thunk!

She spun around just as the ball hit the wall and went flying back on her fourth spin. Deciding to try for the elusive fifth, she drew her body tight for more speed when the ball flew past her, hitting the desk and flying up to crash against the window. It bounced back forcing her to duck as hit a stack of case files that Angel was planning on filing when he came back from the job, scattering all the files over the floor.

“Oops.” Rose stood up, wobbling a bit as she looked at the mess. Picking up the ball, she walked out and headed for the basement to check on the Slayer bouncing the ball all the while.

“Hey yo!” she called out as she stomped down the stairs. “Slaayer! Are you still up?”

“I’m not talking to you vampire!” the Slayer yelled from her cell, wrapped up in a blanket trying to sleep with her back against the wall. She had burrowed under the covers so no part of her could be seen.

“Fine by me.” Rose said with a shrug with her hands in her front pockets. “You can eat ice cream without talking right?”

The Slayer poked her head out from under the covers. “What kind of ice cream?”

A little while later found Rose downstairs with the Slayer, who was called Terri, eating ice cream sundaes, of the blood free variety. With Spike as her Sire, she discovered the joy of adding blood with human food and vice versa. Angel found it disgusting and Illyria didn’t seem to understand the difference though she refused to eat anything Spike and Rose made up.

So with pillows and cushions pilfered from upstairs, they were having a make up sleep over with Terri in her cell and Rose sitting a couple of feet away from the bars as they watched the action on the TV screen.

“Oh watch this, watch this!” Rose commented, pointing at the screen. They were watching old black and white horror movies, the only thing on late night cable television. A high pitched scream came from the screen and Rose and Terri broke out in giggles. “Man, how gullible was that girl?”

“I know! Let’s look behind the blood drenched curtain and see the flesh eating zombie chewing on your husband.” Terri said, taking a bite from her sundae. “Stupid. Heck, even as a newbie Slayer I knew better!”

“Oh?”

“Yeah. Like I knew to never travel at night alone, always carry a stake and holy water and never, never invite a stranger inside.” Terri said. “It’s the first thing they teach new Slayers.”

“Spike told me to never go out in the sun, to only drink bagged blood from the butchers or if you can score it from the hospital and to stay away from wooden objects, crosses and Slayers.” Rose said, sucking the caramel from her spoon. “That means you.”

“Yeah. If it weren’t for this cell, I would have killed you already.” Terri commented, licking her fingers clean.

“You mean try.” Rose said, giving Terri a toothy grin.

“No I mean I can.”

Rose rolled her eyes. “Yeah sure Killer.”

They bantered back and forth, forgetting just for a while that they were meant to be enemies and became the girls that they were.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

“Aaargh!” Spike yelled as he tackled a purplish reptile demon to the ground, pounding its face as Illyria fought three similar demons in the background. Angel was up against the wall of the abandoned warehouse as the leader of the demon clan snarled at him.

“Fool! Two half breeds and a fallen demon god will never bring about the destruction of the Mauvra Clan. We are many. We are forever!” he shook Angel as if he was a doll.

“You know—“ Angel grunted, his hands grabbing the cloth of the demon’s ceremonial robes. “I really hate when people say that.”

He pulled the demon close and vamped, his fangs digging into the demon’s hands and tore the flesh to shreds. The demon cried out and his hold on Angel loosen enough for Angel to pull loose and kick the demon back on the sword Spike held in front of him. The sword sliced through the demon leader’s lower back and poked out through his stomach. He looked down in surprise before his eyes glazed over and he died.

“Especially since forever just got a hella lot shorter.” Spike sneered at the dead demon before looking up at Angel. “What’s that all about? Didn’t know these blokes traveled much out of the old country.”

“Looks like the Immortal’s family is branching out.” Angel said, wiping at the blood on his cheek. “Apparently they think L.A. is open since Wolfram and Hart has been destroyed, it’s created a power vacuum.”

“Others want to stick their fingers in your pie mate.” Spike said.

“Angel.” They turned to see Illyria heading towards them, dragging a skinny spotty yellow demon by his tail. “This one has some words for you.”

“No! No! I won’t say. The Boss Lady will sic her bro on me!! I dinnae want to be eaten piece by piece.” He screamed, clawing on the ground to get away from the powerful blue demon. His nails were being worn down from his efforts when Illyria reached down and grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and gave him a sharp shake.

“What do you think will happen to you IF I want you?” she asked him, her voice ice cold and low as her blue eyes pierced him like red hot daggers, making him wish more than ever that he had listened to his mama and gone to beauty school like his hatchmates. “Talk now.”

He opened his mouth and took a breath.

Thwack!

He coughed and his chest burned like nothing before as he stared wide eyed at the large arrow that poked through his chest, the tip glistening faintly with his green blood. ‘Hey that’s not---‘

Illyria dropped the dead demon and whirled around to see a gang of mixed demons standing around a woman dressed in red, holding the crossbow that shot the fatal arrow. She was pale and had long black hair and she had the sweetest smile that looked dangerous.

“Hello Angelus. Hello William. Long time no see.” She said, lowering the crossbow.

“Ira Mauvra.” Angel growled, his eyes flashing as he went on guard. It was never good news when Ira was involved. She was the one of the Mauvra Clan’s pure bloodline, a direct descendent from the Immortal. Her birth gave her incredible power over those in the Clan.

“Ira what the hell are you doin’ here?” Spike said, jumping straight to the point.

“Just getting what’s ours.” Ira said, handing the crossbow to one of the demons. “Seeing how you have it in your possession.”

“We don’t have anything of yours.” Spike broke in.

“Uh-uh.” Ira wagged her finger at Spike. “Bad boy you know full well that you do. We have an agreement remember. Your lives for hers.”

Spike frowned before it dawned on him. “Rose.”

“She’s ours and I’ve come to collect.”