A few weeks later...

In the center of the Slayer HQ, was a garden with a fountain surrounded by trees, flowers and grass. It was the training center, Slayer gathering, lunch time hangout and basically the place to meet friends and chat. But to a boy and his Slayer, it was haven.

Buffy watched as the teenaged boy chased the fireflies in the garden, his laughter ringing in the air. She smiled as he slipped but quickly got up, brushed his black hair behind his ears before he started the chase again.

Though completely healed from his wounds, he was still scarred from his ordeal at the hands of the cult. Case in point, he didn't speak. And no amount of prodding and questioning would reveal anything. If he had anything to reveal because on further study, it was learned that he didn't have much of a memory either.

Amnesia.

Created from the heighten stress and terror to protect himself, was the diagnosis given to her by the doctors. It was unknown if it would be permanent or temporary. It would be best if he was given over to people who would help him but Buffy didn't want doctors or Watchers having control over every aspect of his life. They didn't seem like the caring loving people a young and unknown demon would need right now.

And he was a demon. One look at the black cat ears and the pensile furry black tail and golden eyes, and you knew that he wasn't normal. A few tests showed that he was almost as strong as a Slayer, he healed quickly and he was extremely flexible, agile and his body was lighter than normal humans. His eyes allowed him to see in the dark and his ears could pick up sounds from long distances. Plus he threw up in his mouth, to re-chew the food he ate just minutes before. Not very pleasant to witness at the dinner table---or ever.

Buffy took him to live with her and Dawn at their apartment, letting him take over Andrew's room since he moved to England to escape her wrath, the spineless dweeb. Since he was a demon, he couldn't go to a normal school so he studied with the other Slayers, or rather sat in class, looking bored and staring out the window. He aced all his tests despite never having spent time studying or doing homework, speaking of his high intellect. He understood Chinese, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian, surprising and frustrating everyone as he broke the language barrier without saying a word.

He knew all these things and yet he didn't know who he was or what he was. And this frustrated him to no end.

He couldn't explain the tattoos marring his skin or the pierces. He couldn't explain why he liked wearing eyeliner or painting his fingernails. Nothing to help him understand why he liked to listen to hard techno, loud metal and screaming punk music. Nothing to say when he jumped around and danced when a certain song played on the radio or TV.

The Watchers were searching for his species in hopes of finding out what kind of demon he was. He didn't show any dangerous demonic habits other than pulling pranks that landed him in detention. The Slayers on the other hand knew who he was. The lone demon in their ranks who remained a mystery and who shown no interest in any of the girls who tried to grab it. His focus was on one woman, which was how he got his name.

Demon is Buffy's.

Dib for short.

As he was healing from his wounds, it was Buffy who came to visit him, talk to him when she had the time. When he healed from his wounds, he would search the grounds for Buffy, remaining at her side when he did. No one could break him of his habit and the few times that he was forced away from her and when she was on a mission, he became agitated and sullen. The only thing that could break him of his mood was when Buffy showed up.

Dib jumped up into the air, clapping his hands together and fell to his knees. He looked down at his hands before running up to her with his hands closed.

"Did you catch something Dib?" Buffy asked. He nodded and carefully opened his hands to show her the two glowing fireflies. "Wow."

He smiled before opening his hands all the way, releasing the fireflies. Buffy giggled as Dib started purring as she ran her fingers through his black hair, his tail twitching in pleasure. She stroked his ears, earning herself a louder purr. Dib liked it when she played with his ears. He reminded her of a giant kitty cat.

He smiled at her, his golden eyes shining brightly before he frowned.

"Dib?" Buffy frowned as well. "What's---"

He yelled out, his voice hoarse from lack of use as he fell back, clutching his head in pain. Buffy reached for him, wrestling with him as he shook violently on the ground. Finally, she pinned him underneath her, holding his arms down by his head. He went limp suddenly; his eyes squeezed shut as he panted on the ground.

It was over.

"Buffy!"

She looked up as the young Slayers, Aimee, Brenda and Kat, ran up to them, breathless from running. They witnessed Dib's seizures and ran over to help. They liked Dib and he liked them as well. Since they were the ones who found him, he had grown fond of them, spending what little time away from Buffy with them.

"What happened?" Aimee asked, brushing her short red hair from her face.

"Was it another one?" Brenda asked, kneeling down to check on Dib. He opened his eyes, confused with a hint of tears. "Dib? Are you alright?"

He shook his head, wincing when he did as Kat helped him and Buffy to their feet. His ears laid flat against his head. He wiped his eyes, smearing his eyeliner as he turned to Buffy. He started motioning with his hands frantically.

"What is he saying General?" Kat asked Buffy.

"A tour bus. Near the river on the east side. A gang of demons will attack them, kill them." Buffy said, reading what Dib was signing her. "Not much time is left. We have to hurry." she told the young Slayers before turning back to Dib. "Dib?"

Dib shook his head, motioning with his hands before taking a step back from Buffy as he pressed his palm against his throbbing temple. He was telling her to go do her Slayer business. He would be okay by himself.

"You sure Dib?" Buffy asked him. She didn't like seeing him in pain like this. "Kat will stay with you okay?"

He nodded, signing that he would go find Dawn and take some pills for his headache. Buffy gave him a small smile before she followed Aimee and Brenda to the compound to stop the tour bus attack.

Dib and Kat headed for the compound at a slower pace, Kat linking her arm with him. You didn't need to see the whip lashing of his tail to know that he hated, hated having visions.

====================

Later that night, Buffy walked into the apartment she shared with Dawn and Dib, sighing as she stretched to loosen up. It was a successful night. They stopped the tour bus massacre before the demons had a chance to make their presence known. The bus drove right by the location Dib described, where a team of Slayers lead by Buffy fought and killed the demons.

They were none the wiser.

She walked into the kitchen to see Dawn in her pj's pulling milk out of the fridge. Dawn was older and much taller, to Buffy's proud if miffed pleasure. She was enrolled in a private school, getting the full on normal girl experience. Buffy was glad. Dawn deserved to have a normal life. But Dawn set her sights on being a Watcher, saying that she can't abandon the fight after everything she's been through. After high school, she planned on going to the New Watchers Council in England and start her training sans Giles' help.

She took Andrew's and Giles' secrets about Angel's battle and Spike's resurrection to heart, refusing to talk about them at all. Buffy hoped that it would pass, seeing how Giles' was the father figure that Hank never was. She didn't want Dawn to regret losing that relationship.

Like she regretted losing her friendship with Spike the year before.

"Oh. Hi Buffy." Dawn smiled at her sister. "I thought you would still be out. Kat gave me the heads up about Dib's vision. So, did everything turn out okay?"

"Yeah." Buffy said, rolling her shoulders. "We had a team so we made short work of them. How's Dib?"

"Still all headachy." Dawn said with a shrug. She poured milk into a bowl with a mixture of different cereals. "He took some pills and went to straight to bed. He didn't look too good and he didn't want to eat dinner. Which kinda worries me since he's like an eating machine."

She put the milk back in the fridge, pausing as she closed the door. "They're getting worse aren't they?"

Buffy sighed before nodding. She didn't want to keep secrets from Dawn since the Giles' incident. "Yeah. The Watchers are looking into visions and seers but nothing explains how he got them or why. They're puzzled on why a demon would get visions that have people in danger."

"Cuz he's a good demon." Dawn said happily as she chewed on her cereal before pausing. "Right?"

====================

Dib flipped on his stomach, clutching the pillow close as he dreamed.

He could hear a woman's laughter amid the screams. His heart was pounding in his chest as the sounds of hoofs pounded the ground around him. He looked around him, seeing the orange glow of fires and blackness of smoke, filling the night air with danger and terror. He saw people running and crying. He saw some people tackle the others and then suddenly shift faces and bite down.

Vampires!

But he wasn't afraid. And he didn't seem to care as he walked past a vampire biting a woman. He was searching for someone and it wasn't him or her. It looked like he was in a small villa somewhere in Greece. He recognized the white wash stone buildings. The laughter sounded again, closer than before. It was a rush, of joy and unbridled passion as he searched for the location of the laughter, the sound of it going straight down to his gut and lower. Where---

"Here." She was right next to him, speaking into his ear, sending delicious shivers down his spine. "I'm right here, waiting for you."

He turned to see her but when he did, she was gone. He frowned, puzzled before he caught a glimpse of her standing in front of a burning building. She was bouncing on her toes, her hands crossed behind her as her long hair swung along with her bouncing. He could see her flesh glowing in the firelight, covered by the tiniest of shorts and low/high cut shirt, both red. He couldn't see her face, the smoke and light blocking his view.

"Who are you?" he asked her as he walked towards her.

"I'm yours." she replied and he knew that she was grinning. "Who are you?"

"I'm---" he stopped right in front of her.

"Are you mine?" she asked him, stepping around him so he could finally see her features. He was stunned to see how blue her eyes were. To see the love in them. It set him afire. "Truly?" She wrapped her arms around his waist, bringing him close to her soft yet firm body.

He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. He cleared his throat and tried again. Nothing.

The girl grew sad, pulling away from him. "Don't you love me Cr---?"


"Dib!"

Dib woke from his dream, startled as Buffy knocked on his door. "Dib, its time to get ready for school!"

He shook the sleep from his head, frowning as he tried to remember what he was dreaming about. He yawned and reached for a towel amid the dirty clothes on the floor. Well, if he couldn't remember now, then it was probably nothing worth remembering. Nothing came to mind except--he remembered sad blue eyes.

Maybe he could ask the Doc about it today during his session.