Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanx to everyone who has commented!! You guys keep me writing faster. XD
"Spike!" Rose shrieked, more in surprise than terror as a short haired brunette punched and kicked at her, separating her from Spike. She fell back against the wall, holding her hands up against a barrage of blows that fell on her. She could hear Spike fighting off to her right, cursing as he fought against the other Slayers.

Slayers.

That name brought something up inside her. A sense of recognition and---excited terror? Rose wanted to look deeper into the 'why' but as she twisted around the Slayer she was fighting, she knew it would have to wait until she dealt with her. If she veered off now, she would be dust. Plus there was a wild buzzing at the back of her neck that was driving her insane.

Rose kicked out and landed a solid hit which sent the girl tumbling back a couple of feet. But soon enough, another girl was there, swinging a stake towards her heart.

"Would you stop!?" She grabbed the girl's wrist, squeezing until the girl dropped the stake with a cry before she threw the girl towards the brunette. They collided together, landing in a heap mass of arms and legs. "We're good guys! If only you could---"

She was hit from behind. She fell to her knees, her vision getting spotty as she felt her ribs being used as a football. She rolled over, clutching her chest as a blonde girl kicked her over and over again. She gave a sharp cry as she felt some ribs crack and heard a giggle above her as she curled herself into a ball.

"This is fun! Most vampires are weaklings and cowards. They try to run but never get very far." the girl said with a smile on her face. “The name's Nicole, the vampire Slayer." She bent down and picked up Rose by her shirt, bringing her face to face. "I'll be the one sending you to Hell."

She punched Rose in the face, bringing her fist back before hitting her again and again until Rose was bleeding from a split lip, some cuts on her forehead and a bruise on her left cheek. Rose palm punched Nicole, hitting her in the chin.

She fell back, waving her arms in the air to keep from falling over as Rose pushed herself to her feet, taking unneeded breaths of air and holding her chest. Nicole's eyes narrowed into dangerous slits as she reached into her belt and pulled out a stake.

"It's time to end it vampire." Nicole said with mock sadness advancing as Rose retreated. Rose glanced over at the direction of Spike. She could hear him trying to fight his way towards her.

"Yes." A deep woman's voice said from above them. "I think it is."

"Illyira!"

Nicole looked up just as Illyria landed right behind her. She turned around and slammed the stake into Illyria. It shattered against Illyria's chest. Illyria stared at Nicole, her ice blue eyes studying the shock and anger in Nicole's dark eyes. She tilt her head before she backhanded her across the face.

Nicole flew back, hitting the alley wall and sliding down to land in the trash piled at the bottom. She didn't move from where she landed.

"You're injured." Illyria stated, looking over Rose, pulling at Rose's injured arm. “I don't like anyone harming my pets." Illyria said, her eyes narrowing dangerously. Rose felt a shiver pass through her as she pulled away from Illyria. "Let's go get Spike."

Rose nodded and followed Illyria down the alley to Spike as he fought two Slayers, the leader and a red headed girl. He seemed to be holding his own, focused on beating the Slayers and going to rescue Rose. He sensed her surprise through the bond but he felt nothing now. The worry ate at him as he threw a spinning heel kick to the leader, sending her flying back a couple of feet. She hit the ground hard, bouncing her head against the hard concrete.

"Janet!" the red haired girl screamed her focus on the fight broken for a moment. Spike took this chance, knocking her arms down while turning her around, one arm pinned against her body. Spike growled his fangs close to her neck. She struggled as he chuckled.

"Your mistake luv." he growled, wanting to put a scare in the girl. "Shouldn't let your guard down in a life and death battle. Tends to leave you dead."

"Says who?" the girl said as she brought her free hand up from her pocket. Her hand was wet, and for a moment Spike was confused why until she hit him and his face started burning.

He screamed and let her go, clutching his burning face. He could smell his flesh cooking, an arid smell that choked him as he fell to his knees.

"Burns doesn't it vampire?" the girl said, standing over him holding a half empty bottle of holy water she stashed in her pocket. "Holy water will do that to you."

"Spike!"

They didn't see Rose until she was right there, a blur of black and pink, sinking her fangs into the girl's neck, growling and her eyes flashing angrily. The girl didn't even scream, her arms fighting uselessly at her side as Rose held her tight, squeezing tighter and using her fangs to punish the girl who dared attack her Sire.

The Slayer felt weaker and the world dimmed as she felt the vampire take deep pulls on her blood. The movies lied, being bitten by a vampire was sexy or erotic, it damn well hurt and--oh god she was going to die! She tried fighting harder, but her limbs were so heavy, she was so tired and as the world turned black, she thought. 'Da, I'm sorry.'

================

Angel was sitting in his office, sipping a hot cup of coffee and reading his newspaper. He sighed; letting the silence of the hotel seep into his being, feeling so relaxed. He was glad that Spike took Rose out for the night. It gave him some much needed time to relax, let his hair down, so to speak, and to---

"Angel we need help!"

He jumped to his feet, spilling his coffee over his newspaper as he ran out into the lobby, staring in horror at the sight of a bloodied Spike and Rose being supported by each other. Illyria followed them with an unconscious girl in her arms. She was young, with long red hair and a pale complexion.

"What happened?" Angel demanded as he rushed to check on the girl.

"It wasn't my fault!" Spike said as he and Rose collapsed on the other couch.

"Why don't I believe that?" Angel growled, glaring at Spike before he turned his attention to the girl.

As Angel looked her over, he saw that her shoulder was dislocated, the skin jutting out awkwardly. He paused, grabbing a hold onto the girl's arm. Illyria held down the girl's upper body, give Angel a brief nod. Angel snapped her arm back into place with a large pop.

The girl screamed in pain, her eye's flying open and jerking from her position. Illyria kept her in place until she slipped back into unconsciousness. Angel frowned, wondering why she seemed so weak until he pulled back her hair and saw that she had a gaping wound on the side of her neck. With twin puncture marks.

"She was bitten." Angel stated stunned.

"She'll survive." Illyria said. "There are still demons out there. I will kill them." With that she turned on her heel and stalked off into the night for another round of demon hunting.

Angel stood up, his shoulder tense and his jaw tight. When they first entered the hotel, he had been receiving a buzzing at the back of his neck. One he used to hold as Buffy's then Faith's. Now it was the girl who was giving it off.

She could feel the tension build and it made her feel funny in queasy-dizzy way. Angel was older than her, having Sired Drusilla, okay funny feeling there, who then Sired Spike, her Sire. So by all means, he was head of the order of Aurelius and something inside of her made her want to submit to him---or flip him the bird. Rose squirmed uncomfortably as Angel turned to her and Spike. Strong fingers laced through her own and she looked down to see that Spike was holding her hand. It gave her the courage to speak first.

"I'm not sorry." She felt a flash of fear that soon gave away to disappointment coming from Spike. She swallowed at Angel's frown but continued. "I know I should be but I'm not. It was self defense. They came at us--"

"They?"

"A team of Slayers." Spike said, speaking up through thick lips. "They found us and tried to stake us."

"I told them who we were but they kept coming anyways." Rose nodded as she pointed to her wounds, wincing as she moved. "I mean, look what they did to us! These won't heal in just a day and with just blood."

Rose looked bad. Angel could see her wincing every time she took a breath, holding an arm around her chest in hopes of easing the pain. Her face had seen better days, her left cheek was swelling and turning colors and her lower lip was swollen and split open. It looked like it might need stitches, just like the cut below her right eye.

Spike looked a little bit better but not by much. His left eye was swelling shut and his cheek was turning colors and it appeared that he was burned. His shirt had some tears across his chest and there were long cuts underneath them.

"No worries mate." Spike said, wincing as he moved to stand up. Rose quickly rose to stand with him. "She's alive innit?"

"Rose go upstairs." Angel said.

"Wha--" Rose frowned confused. "Angel, it’s my fault, not--"

"It's okay sweetling." Spike said, putting a hand on her shoulders. He nudged her towards the stairs. "Go up. I'll be there in a few."

"But--" Rose tried protesting again before Spike gave her a look. She ran up the stairs, taking two steps at a time. Spike waited until they could hear Rose's door slam shut. A few minutes later, loud music could be heard coming from her room.

"You're not staking her Peaches." he said, turning back to Angel. "She was only reacting as a Childe defending her Sire."

"She's fed on human. Not only a human but a Slayer." Angel said.

"She wasn't feeding!"

"That's beside the point!" Angel yelled. He ran his hands through his hair, spiking it as he paced. "She's tasted the holy grail to a vampire. The blood of a Slayer. She knows what it’s like now. She'll want to experience it again. She'll crave it. She'll do anything to taste it again."

"Bollocks."

"You forget that she's a vampire."

"I've never forgotten." Spike said, stepping in front of Angel to stop his damn pacing. "She's my little cousin, my blood and by all rights she should be dead and buried back in England. She would have married a proper man, a viscount or duke, who treated her right. They would have a large family, lived in the country on an estate, happy and peaceful for the rest of their days. She would have died on a Saturday afternoon during a rain shower, surrounded by her children and grandchildren--" He sighed, looking up towards Rose's room. "Believe me--I've never forgotten what she is now."

"She doesn't have a soul."

"Bloody hell, what is it with you and the soul thing?" Spike groused, waving his arms in the air as he stalked off. "You and the Slayer must've had the same speech writer for as many times the soul is brought up!" He turned on his heel and walked back to Angel. "I didn't have a soul and look how I turned out."

"You had a chip." Angel pointed out.

"It wasn't the chip!" Spike growled before he stopped to think. "Okay it was the chip, but only the first couple of months and then I fell in love and became a better man. I got me a soul, all on my own."

"Rose isn't like you." Angel said. "She never had a chip in her head. She's doesn't have someone to love anymore. And as far as souls go, she believes that she has one so I doubt she will go seek one out. She has nothing to hold her back."

"Yes she does." Spike said, standing straighter. "She has me."

"You can't control her."

"Peaches, I've controlled her since she was a child." Spike said. "I think I can handle her now as a hundred year old teenager."

Angel raised his hands in the air. "What are you going to do when her memories return? What then? She'll know that you've lied to her. About who she is, what happened to her--about her husband?"

"I'll deal with it when the time comes." Spike said defensively. "She's my responsibility. She's my Childe."

With that, he turned and headed for the stairs, leaving Angel to brood about tonight's events. He looked down at the unconscious Slayer.

So much for a peaceful night.

==================

Spike felt like jumping out of his skin as he neared Rose's room. He opened the bond between them, tried forcing his calm on Rose as he opened the door. The instant blaring of loud metal music and the smell of smoke invaded his senses as he entered the room.

She liked incense. Burned them all the time. It gave her room an other worldly look as the smoke hung in the air. The music was wildly different than his own taste but enjoyable nonetheless. It explained why she was jumping around her room.

"Rose!" he yelled over the noise to be heard. "ROSE!"

She stopped, breathing hard when she saw him. She skipped over to him, bouncing on her toes as she grinned at him. He grabbed her face to look into her eyes. Her pupils were dilated, the blue swallowed by the black and she appeared stoned.

Bloody hell.

"Oh my god! What's happening to me? What was in her?" she asked going a mile a minute. "It's like, like, you remembering sliding down the hills in winter at the country estate in England? Like that only it’s much faster, much steeper and it keeps going and going---oh!"

She pulled up her shirt, slapping her stomach. "Look! The bruises are gone! And my ribs don't hurt anymore when I breathe, which I really should stop doing. Vampire, so no need to breathe for a living." she giggled at her own joke, tilting too far to the side. "Oops!"

Spike caught her before she hit the ground. "I think I'm kinda buzzed. Like those kids in those movie things."

"I've noticed." Spike said, leading her giggling to the bed and sat her down. He grabbed the remote sitting on the bed and turned the stereo off. "Listen to me."

"Hmm? Oh, okay!" she stopped giggling and composed herself, but she couldn't stop grinning.

"You've done a bad thing tonight." he said, looking her in the eyes. "No, listen!" he said, shaking her slightly as she protested. "You can't drink from Slayers. More to the point, you can't drink from humans. Ever. You bit the girl, in an effort to protect me and I appreciate that but you can't do that anymore." He reached inside her mind and felt her struggle against him. "No. Feeding. On. Humans."

He locked the thought in her mind, firm in his belief that she would follow his orders even if she didn't know it yet. He remembered Dru pulling stunts like this a few times when they were together and he resented it, especially when they broke apart and went their separate ways.

Even now, he couldn't help but tackle and pummel Elvis' impersonators every time he saw one. It had made Dru laugh and laugh, just watching as glittery beads, wigs and overly large sunglasses went flying.

"She hurt you." Rose said, pouting. She lightly ran her fingers over the burns on his face.

"Believe me luv, this isn't the worst I've gotten." Spike said. "I've died recently and look at me now." he chuckled, earning a smile from Rose. "So, new rules. It's always bagged, not tap. Understand?"

Rose nodded before adding, "You know, I'm high on that Slayer blood. You might want to tell me again tomorrow when this thing burns off." Spike looked down at her knee that had been jumping ever since he sat her down.

"It's a date."

"Cool." she remained calm for a second before she jumped up, almost knocking him over. "Oh! I have this thing to show you!" She pulled away from him, ran to her dresser and pulled open a drawer. She started pulling out clothes, throwing them into the air before she held up a notebook. She ran back to him, flipping open the pages.

"I drew this! Last night, I had a dream about this guy." She showed him a picture of a man in black with furry cat ears on his head, a tail and golden eyes. A flash of recognition and dread shot through Spike as he stood up.

It was Cris, Rose's dead husband!

Thankfully, Rose didn't seem to notice as she rattled on about her dream. "It was fire and screams and vampires! But I didn't seem to care, should I have cared, anyways, I was walking and laughing and then he appeared. Not poof but---"

"Whoa Rose slow down." Spike said, a headache coming on. Great, just add that to everything else he was feeling. "What about this guy? Do you know who he is?"

"Um, mine? I said that in the dream. But he didn't say it back. It was like he couldn't talk or something." she pouted slightly. "And it made me sad. Like my heart was breaking. But Spike, I have no idea who he was. He's hot though." She looked at the picture, touching it lovingly before she frowned.

"Do you know who he is?" she asked him innocently.

"No." he said without blinking an eye. He closed the notebook and threw it on her bed. "I don't know him. Come on, let's go see what's on the telly."